IMPERFECTIONS | Pop Smoke

By _GetLo

Lauryn is currently a Senior at Clark Atlanta University who is on track to becoming a nurse. She is very con... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N Random
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Short & Random Photo Dump
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Let me Explainnnn
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
JUSTICE FOR POPPAAAA
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Poppa the Pimp ๐Ÿ’€
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
New Book!
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
1 more month
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Thank You!

Chapter 67

3.6K 157 129
By _GetLo

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╭─────────╮
ʙᴀsʜᴀʀ ᴊᴀᴄᴋsᴏɴ

ʟᴏs ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴇs, ᴄᴀ
╰─────────╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"You sure you ready for this?" Dread asked as he played with Lai.

I nodded, "For the 50th time I am," I said with a chuckle, "I been ready."

It's the beginning of December and Lauryn and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary last week and then we have Bray's birthday.

Then hers.

It's been a couple months since Lai got here and she was feeling a lot better, we were doing a lot better.

At first I was thinking Lai was going to break us I ain't gone lie, we were going through it.

But now I feel like she's brought us a lot closer.

Which is why I feel like it's the perfect time for me to do this.

I know I'm young and shit but the way life is, I don't want to waste no more time with her just as my girlfriend.

I know people usually date for like 5 years then get married or whatever but we not a traditional couple, we already have a 2 month old baby together on top of us having an almost 1 year old in only 2 years.

"Look as long as you sure, you'd know more than anyone but I can tell she's the one. This nigga ain't never even considered marriage til her, got him wearing turtle necks on the regular and doing face masks." Mike said making us all laugh.

"A nigga can't take care of his face?" I asked in between laughs.

Dread shrugged, "You can it's just you wasn't before. She good for you though real talk we love our sister, we done seen the growth in you.

Shit, me too.

Overall I just know I've changed for the better as a man.

You know the difference I've seen in drying my face with a paper towel than a face towel?

How much better I've gotten with my money?

She ain't even just teach me how to love but I love myself more.

Shit is mad wild but that's how I know she the one, I can't even begin to name the reasons why.

"Man I need to get me a lil treesh and settle down." Dread smacked his lips while playing with Lai still, "I don't trust em though, I just need my mini Woo and I'm good."

"You don't think you gone settle down?" Mike asked.

"I'm still recovering from Kayla's crazy ass," he said shaking his head as we laughed, "Nigga's got PTSD my g I can't even look at these treeshas the same."

I'm glad he never went back to that crazy bitch.

Had me scared we was gone have to rescue his ass from being locked in a basement or some shit.

We sat around and talked more killing time while Mari and Lauryn were out shopping and shit and before we knew it, it was going on 10 o'clock.

Lai, Bray and Luna were sound asleep while we played the game and I heard the alarm announce the front door had opened so I looked over and a few seconds later I looked over and saw Lauryn and Mari walking in.

I got an alarm about a month ago just for safety reasons, I just had a weird ass feeling about some shit but I can't ever put my finger on it.

Just hoping I'm overthinking.

I looked at Lauryn as she had on this fitted Louis jogging set that was brown and blue making me smile as she had her real hair in a messy bun.

I was rubbing off on my baby, look at her tryna be all dripped on a regular day.

Her socials were really taking off and she had been getting mad followers, endorsements and all kind of deals.

I was so proud of her, she even had her own business coming out in the New Year and she's been working hard on it since the summertime.

"What y'all get, the whole store?" Mike joked as they sat all their bags on the island.

Mari's lash business had been doing real good too, her clientele had been picking up to the point where she now rents out her own space for lashes and has even thought about finding nail techs and hair stylists to make a shop.

And Des is moving out here with Zay in the New Year too.

After she had her baby last month it sparked something in her and she's been getting on her influencer shit too.

I tell Mari she needs to do it too but she mad shy.

"Damn do we ask what y'all be getting?" she laughed while walking over to sit on Mike's lap.

Lauryn walked over cheesing as she sat on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck, "Hey baby, I missed you today." she said before giving me a kiss.

"I missed you too babygirl." I smiled some after we kissed.

"I got you some stuff."

"You ain't have to g-"

"Now when I tell you the same thing it's a problem, how about you come upstairs so I can show you." she smirked as she got up and grabbed my hand.

I raised my eyebrow, "Yeah?"

She bit her lip and let my hand go as she slowly walked away before looking back.

"We gone be right back." I said before pulling my pants up and walking behind her up the stairs.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I appreciate this so much." Lacey said as she held my hands and leaned her head on my shoulder.

We stood at Mr. Wilson's grave because she wanted to see him before we left for Belize.

Our relationship means a lot to me, so I told her I'd come here with her to visit Mr. Wilson and let him know what I had planned for his babygirl.

"Hey Gerald, I miss you so much everyday baby," she sniffled, "This never gets easier for me." she sighed.

I rubbed her back as I draped my arm over her shoulder to comfort her.

"I-I just wanted to come and see you before we leave out of the country for a while, Bashar has a great proposal planned for our baby and I wish you were here to see it. I know you would be so happy even though you gave him a hard time." she said making us both laugh softly.

"I know you'll still be there but I just wish you were here. They remind me so much of us honey, I just," She took a deep breath as I her voice started to shake, "I love you Gerald."

She cried on my shoulder before I grabbed her in a hug as we stood there.

I can't imagine losing Lauryn, so just hearing the hurt in her voice was hurting me.

Like I said I know what his intentions were so I'm glad we had that understanding before he passed.

She cried for a few minutes before slowly gathering herself and looking up, "Were you saying something?"

I nodded as she went back under my arm at my side, "Hey Mr. Wilson, I uh-I'm proposing to your baby girl this weekend and I wish I could properly ask you for your blessing." I started.

"If he was here, he would approve." she said as I looked over and saw her looking at the tombstone and smiling.

I smiled and looked back forward, "I just wanted to come and pay my respects and let you know about it the proper way. She misses you like crazy but I always tell her that you're her guardian angel. I always keep her safety and well-being over mine and I'll continue to do so I put that on my life."

I took a deep breath just looking forward as Ms. Lacey gently pat my back.

We stood there for about 5 more minutes before deciding to finally leave.

Next up, Belize.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Liked by realpopsmoke and 520,109 others

itslauryn Chasing the Sun ☀️

View all 109,183 comments

realpopsmoke 💍💙 

marimarii My best friend looks TF GOOD! Who just had a baby??😍

"I can't believe you brought me to Belize! It's so beautiful here." She pouted as we sat in the hammock at our resort. 

"You deserve it mamas, you been working hard."

"You could have just brought me here for my birthday though Poppa, don't get me wrong I appreciate this soooo much it's just I know you spent a l-"

"Stop worrying about my pockets," I chuckled, "What I spent on this I already made it back, I'll spend my last on you anyways."

She smiled as she laid her head on my chest and we just laid there watching the sun on the water.

We just got here some hours ago and I had a lunch set up for us when we got here so now we were chilling until later.

I flew everyone out here and they should be here now, I got everyone their own Villa.

I had both our moms, the kids, Mari and Mike, Des and Zay, Dread and even Xi wanted to come for it.

When the sun got lower we had to make our way to the beach because I was doing it there and I was getting mad nervous.

I don't know why, I mean I'm 110% sure I want to do this but it's just nerve wrecking.

I had butterflies and shit, had a nigga feeling all weird.

"I miss my babies." she said as she traced my tattoos.

"I do too, but we'll see them when we get back baby."

She sighed, "Okay but I'm just going to call t-"

"NO" I said as she reached for her phone.

She looked up at me crazy, "No?"

"I mean they probably sleep or something."

"Belize is two hours ahead baby so I'm pretty sure they aren't sleep."

Damn girl just leave them alone.

If she call and they don't answer she gone be worried but they won't answer because they're here.

"Look, we just got here, ight? We can call them first thing tomorrow I promise."

She just laid back down on my chest.

We relaxed for an hour just in a comfortable silence, something we never got at home.

She just laid on my chest as I held my hand on her back.

This little getaway was nice.

I looked over at my phone and saw it was time for me to start getting her ready.

"We got that dinner to get ready for baby go and get ready, I'm gone go make sure everything is good." I said as I rubbed her back.

"Okay," she nodded before slowly and carefully getting up, "Please don't make us fall again." she laughed as I smacked my lips.

"That was you trying to just jump right on here." I laughed as she got out safely before I did the same thing.

She walked in the bathroom and I grabbed my phone and jogged to the door.

Everyone's Villa was a short 5 minute walk from our resort so I walked there and went to my mom's.

I knocked and waited a second before she opened the door smiling with her white dress on.

I asked everyone to wear white just so it was all coordinated and I really hope this shit comes out how I pictured it in my head.

"Hey Poppa." she smiled before pulling me in a hug.

"Hey Ma." I replied before shutting the door behind me.

"I'm so proud of you," She said while cheesing as we sat on the couch, "I never thought you'd make it to be getting married, I just knew I'd have 10 grandkids by now." she said making us both laugh.

My mom was more shocked when I told her about wanting to propose but she was happy nonetheless.

She loved Lauryn.

She just loved Lauryn for me, just as a whole.

I shook my head, "I couldn't be like that forever." I said in between laughs.

"I just want you to know that marriage is a challenge but as long as you KNOW that you are ready for this, and ready to spend your life with Lauryn that's all that matters baby. But I know you are, I can tell. And I wish your father was here to see this young man you've grown to be because you make me proud everyday that I look at you."

I just smiled as she pulled me in a hug, "I love you so much son."

"I love you too, ma." I said while hugging her back.

We sat there as she held me tight.

She pulled away and held me by my shoulders while looking me in my eyes, "You ready?"

I nodded, "As I'll ever be."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╭─────────╮
ʟᴀᴜʀʏɴ ᴡɪʟsᴏɴ

ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇɴᴄɪᴀ, ʙᴇʟɪᴢᴇ
╰─────────╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Baby I got sand all in my shoes." I pouted as I walked in the sand.

"Here I'll hold em." he said as he crouched down.

He began to unstrap my sandals as I smiled, he was such a gentleman.

The sun was just about to set and it was so beautiful here, this trip was really random but much needed.

Just us, no kids, no paparazzi, no distractions.

Peace.

He grabbed my hand as he held my shoes in his other hand and we made our way through the sand with some trees over our heads.

I looked in the distance and saw what looked like cards hanging from the trees as I looked over at Pop.

He just smiled.

"Look at you being all romantic." I smiled as I walked up to the first one to read it.

"Reasons I love you," I read the first one out loud, "Poppa this is so cute." I smiled as I felt my stomach start to flutter.

"Gone open em." he said as he let my hand go.

I walked up to the next letter and started to read them one by one.

I love you for loving me and Bray, even though you never had to.

I love you for taking care of me.

I love you for correcting me when I'm wrong and never steering me wrong.

I love you for always being the realest person in my life.

I love you for carrying my child.

I love you for being my peace of mind.

I love you for driving me crazy :)

I love you for making me a better man.

I love you for inspiring me.

I love you even when we fight.

I love you even when you wake me up with your snoring.

I love you even when you have the Set It Off shits in.

I love you when you feel you're at your lowest. 

The cards went on and on for about 20 more as I held them and fanned my eyes but a tear had already fell.

This was the most beautiful thing anyone has ever done for me.

"Baby why are you doing this?" I said looking at him with tears in my eyes.

"Just keep reading the cards." he said calmly before using his thumb to pat the tear off of my cheek, careful not to mess up my makeup.

But at this point it was over with.

I love you so much babygirl. Look to the left.

I looked to the left as the card instructed and saw a bonfire with roses around it with all these people around it in white candles.

I held my dress as I made my way closer and started to recognize the faces making me confused.

Everyone was here.

Mike, Dread, Mari, Des, Zay, my mom, Ms. Smoke, Xi, even Lai and Bray.

I smiled as I saw my mom with Lai in a stroller in front of her, "Ma! What you doing here?" I asked as I hugged her.

I pulled away and looked at everyone as they smiled at me.

"Turn around babe." My mom said while looking behind me.

I turned around and saw Pop on one knee and didn't even realize the roses weren't randomly placed.

They read: Will You Marry Me?

As soon as I saw Pop on one knee I just cried and held my hand over my mouth.

My mom rubbed my back and I soon felt more hands as I covered my face.

He was for real?

This had to be some kind of dream.

Poppa was proposing?

TO ME?

"Girl gone head." I heard Des say as I still cried.

I was trying to catch my breathing as I slowly walked up to Pop and he took my hand in his.

His eyes glistened from the bonfire as I noticed a tear had fell but he quickly tried to wipe it off.

"Got a nigga crying and shit." He chuckled as I did the same and held my arm over my mouth.

He cleared his throat, "Lauryn I uh- from the day I met you I just had a feeling about you. That's why I was so persistent about you because you were different," he said before looking behind me then back at me and whispering, "Even from that FaceTime." he said as I hit his shoulder making us both laugh.

"Nah deadass though, every day I learn more and more about you but most importantly myself. You've taught me about the world, you've taught me love, you've taught me little shit to carry me along day to day but most importantly you've taught me how to be a better man. A better man in life, for our kids and for you. I never thought I'd ever love anyone like I love you but here we are. From our inside jokes, countless laughs, serious moments, deep talks and even the bad times I can't do it with no one else. And I won't. Aside from my mom you are the most beautiful, most brave, most head strong, most inspiring, most humble, strongest woman I know."

I cried more as he rubbed my hand and I opened my eyes to see he had another tear fall making him look down for a second then up at me.

"I can go on and on about how I feel about you but I'm just ready to ask. I don't want to waste anymore time with the basic ass title. I know I'm ready to spend the reset of my life with you because I love you more than I even love myself. Lauryn Imani Wilson, will you marry me?" he asked while opening a ring box.

I looked at in in awe before jumping up and down shrieking and getting excited

"Of course baby I will!" I yelled as he got up and put the ring on my shaky hand.

I was so happy and nervous it felt like my whole body was shaking.

I'm getting married!

I love this man so much... I don't even know how to put it in words.

We held a kiss as he held me tight before I just hugged him.

He's getting the gawk 3000, Meg knees and all tonight.

I looked at my ring again and cheesed.

It wasn't even about the ring but damn, a bitch was gone be blind looking at this.

I smiled as I looked at him before everyone ran up and hugged us as all the girls took my hand.

"I LOVE THIS!" Mari screamed.

"Yessss Pop you listened! This is gorgeous!" Xi said while smiling.

Wow this is just...wow.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Sorry it's so late but I hope y'all like this chapter as much as I do 😭

Really was everything for me.

This was soooo cute, Pop snapped.

Damn near my longest chapter yet Lmfaoooo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 13.3K 39
Dior was just a regular girl from New York, until she met Bashar, somebody who would change her life forever. #foreverwoo๐Ÿ’™
1.1M 71K 48
Asha Mitchell is all about her education and the next box to check off her list of goals. She never allows anyone to steer her from her path or take...
1.5K 147 33
"Nigga, you saw I was going to park out here but you stupid enough to steal it from me, take your car and pull over because this is my park bro," I s...
130K 6K 36
๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™š๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ช๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š, ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ. ---- Donteria Wright, a high school senior at Highland hi...