Last Place You Look

Af urawizardharrie

"I don't think about getting through all the bad things as accomplishments, if I'm being honest." "What do yo... Mere

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue
Author's Note
Dear August

Chapter 65

1.9K 52 87
Af urawizardharrie

August 27 marked two years being married, six years total. We didn't plan to do anything big. All we really wanted to do was be at home with Skylar, so that's all we did. We made it a special day. We planned to wake Sky up with music and Harry grabbed his guitar from the office downstairs, but she was standing in her crib when we poked our heads into her room. She greeted us with a big smile and outstretched arms.

We did brunch how Kira and I did, minus the alcohol since we had a kid now. We made a mountain of French toast, way more than we needed for the three of us, and ate more fruit than we could handle. We dance around the kitchen together, showing Sky our favorite songs. Harry had never joined brunch before, but he knew how it worked and he only queued up the best and most upbeat songs.

He and Sky twirled around the kitchen while I rinsed off dishes and slipped them into the dishwasher is my definition of happiness. He yelled lyrics in her face and she laughed endlessly in response. Her hands were out to her sides and she just looked so happy. I pulled out my phone while they were distracted and recorded them dancing with each other. This was one of those moments I needed to capture forever. I sent it to both of our moms before I set it down. I went to leave the room, but he grabbed my arm as I passed and pulled me in, moving his arm around my waist. He kissed me with one of those kisses that he didn't use very often. He put his forehead against mine.

"Me now!" Sky spoke up, looking jealous that he kissed me and not her. She crossed her little arms and waited for him to pick up on what she wanted.

"I could never forget my favorite little bird!" He pressed his lips firmly to her cheek. He made an exaggerated kiss sound and she tried to move away, but I grabbed her other cheek and did the same thing. Her laughs filled the room and my heart. This is what the mom we met in the airport meant. It was moments like this. I'd never known a love like this in my entire life.

Harry wanted to keep the day special but wanted to keep a little bit of a surprise. He insisted that we go outside and not come back in until he told me we could. I checked the weather and there was rain on the forecast, but it wasn't supposed to rain until later. The sun was out for the time being and it was warm. I had Harry put Skylar in her swimsuit and put sunscreen on her while I changed into my own swimsuit. I bought one when I started to feel better about my body. I still wasn't all the way there, but I was more comfortable showing more skin.

I grabbed some water and snacks from from the kitchen and started shoving things in a bag. I threw my speaker on top. I grabbed my sunglasses from the counter and they were waiting for me by the backdoor, hand in hand. Harry opened the door for us and kissed me as I walked by. "Make it quick please. I don't want her to get burned."

"It won't even take an hour. Promise." He pinched my ass when I was walking out the door and it earned a dirty look. "Love you."

"Yeah yeah, do what you need to do so I can use my own house." He shut the door behind me and locked it. I turned when I heard the lock click and he just shrugged his shoulders. He locked me out of the house that was half mine on our anniversary. And then he shrugged.

I set up the speaker on the table we bought for the deck and dragged Skylar's little kiddie pool out from the garage. I grabbed the hose and filled it up while she walked along the fence and looked at the flowers Harry had planted a few months before. She really loves flowers.

I filled it up halfway, threw some toys in, and called her over. "You ready to swim, little bird?" She tried to climb in on her own, but it was too tall for her. I stepped in and picked her up so she could join me. "It's gonna be cold. You ready?" She nodded enthusiastically. I sat down quick, just to get through the initial shock of cold hose water. "Holy shit, that's fucking cold."

Skylar, however, loved it. She was a big fan of the cold. I played in the pool with her until she got a little too cold. We got out and I wrapped a towel around her. I put more sunscreen on her and we sat on the deck. I got her to drink some water and we ate a snack together. She'd been on a goldfish kick and preferred those over most meals. She fed half the goldfish meant for her to me. Sharing was a big theme in the house and she got mad when I denied a fish she tried to put in my mouth.

Harry lied. It took him over an hour to do whatever he was doing. He got us as I was about to text him to let him know he was letting his baby burn in the sun. Her cheeks were turning a little red. He let her run right into the house, but stopped me before I could come in. He pulled out a blindfold and held it up with a sorry smile on his face.

"Is this really necessary?"

"It is." I turned around for him and let him tie it over my eyes. "I'm going to lead you to the stairs and then you can take it off and go change and get Sky into real clothes. You just can't see what's in the living room until you're ready."

"Haven't been blindfolded in a while. I'm getting flashbacks. I think we should bring it back."

"Maybe we should, if you're good today."

"Wrong, maybe if you're good. Maybe you'll be the one that ends up blindfolded." His hand tightened around my arm as he led me through the house.

"Can you not say shit like that when our kid is in the living room?"

"Why? Can't handle it?" He pulled me in front of him and pulled my back to his chest, his hand grazing the skin at the base of my throat.

"Don't tempt me. There's four people in the city who will gladly come pick her up if I ask."

"Maybe you should." I couldn't help but smirk. He was getting worked up and it was funny.

"Charlie Elizabeth. Quit it."

"Make me." He groaned in my ear and pushed me forward.

"Get your ass upstairs before I think any more about calling Niall to come get her." I giggled at his frustration. "Sky!" I heard little feet come running. "Go upstairs with mom and get dressed, okay." He kissed my cheek and led me up three stairs, Sky holding my hand. He took the blindfold off. He looked a little flustered. "Don't come down until I say, okay?"

"Whatever makes you happy." I leaned forward to kiss him before I ran up the stairs to where Sky was waiting at the top of the landing. He disappeared around the corner to the living room. "Wait, Harry!" His head popped back around the corner. "Is there a dress code?"

"Comfy. Both of you." He disappeared again.

I dressed Sky first. I put her in her favorite onesie. It was light clue and had little white clouds all over it. She called it her Sky onesie because there were clouds in the sky and Sky was her name. She thought it was the coolest thing ever. I grabbed shorts and one of Harry's t-shirts from our closet and we sat at the top of the landing to wait for him to tell us it was safe to come down.

He came around the corner, ready to yell up but grinned when he saw us sitting there waiting for him. "You ready?"

"I've been ready for over an hour." I walked down the stairs, Sky's hand in mine. She hadn't quite mastered going down yet and got nervous about doing it alone. Harry stopped me on the third step and held up the blindfold again. "Really?"

"Really. It's only for a few seconds. I promise."

"Then why can't you just cover my eyes?"

"Dramatic flair? Just go with it?" I turned on the step I was on and he came up to the second and tied it over my face again.

"I'm convinced you're trying to recreate our wedding night."

"You're kind of right, just not the one you're thinking of." He picked up Sky and held my hand as I walked down the stairs. We walked to the living room together but he stopped me in the doorway.

"Are you going to tell me what this is ab-" He pulled the blindfold off and I was met with a fort. It looked just like the first one he'd built the night after we saw Austin and Angela. He even strung up lights and everything. "You did all this?"

"Without Niall this time too. It's not exactly the same, but I think I got it pretty close."

"It's perfect. It's always perfect, Harry." I put an arm on his waist and the other around the arm that was holding our daughter and pressed a kiss to his lips. I gave Skylar one too. "Show me the inside?" He pulled me over to his makeshift door and held it open like he did with the last one.

This one was bigger to accommodate for the third person. There were pillows and blankets all over the floor to make it comfortable. He set Skylar down in front of the door and I held her hands while she climbed over all the blankets and pillows he put on the floor. She sat down in my lap. "Stay." He held up two fingers and let the curtain door fall shut. The room got dark as he closed the blinds and drew the curtains in front of the windows. The room was almost completely dark. Sky clung to me a little tighter. She didn't like the dark.

There was some shuffling and then lights came on above us. They looked like stars. I heard more shuffling and the moon appeared in front of us. He brought his moon lamp from upstairs. I didn't even notice. He moved the curtain door and came back in with his guitar and his laptop. He looked down at Sky who was staring at the the ceiling of our little fortress, seeing the star like shapes and moon through the single white sheet above our heads.

"What do you think, little bird? Did daddy do a good job surprising mom?"

"Pretty..." Her voice was a whisper. I shifted so I could lay down. Sky stayed sitting on my stomach but moved in between Harry and I when she saw him lay down too. I stared up at our ceiling, feeling so fucking in love. He turned his head toward me. I rolled my head to meet his eyes.

"Happy anniversary, Charlie."

"Happy anniversary."

We laid there for a while and just looked up at what he'd created. Sky started to get restless though, so he grabbed his guitar and started to strum it. She sat in my lap and we rocked back and forth to the melodies he made for us. I didn't recognize anything he was playing, but it slowly started to mesh into my favorite song. The one he wrote about me, for me. He looked up at me to see if I was paying attention, but he already knew I was. He always had my full attention whenever he had his guitar in his hands. It was one of my favorite sights to see. He was his happiest when he was playing for us.

Sky moved off my lap and sat on her knees in front of him. She watched his hands as they expertly moved across over his beloved instrument. He started singing softly and she clapped in response. She loved hearing him sing. He started singing to much more when she realized what it was and could appreciate it more. Our love of music was being passed down to our daughter. That was something so special to him.

He kept his voice low though and didn't stop playing when he finished Sweet Creature. He transitioned into the song he wrote for my dad. My eyes started to water the second I recognized it. He hadn't played it for me since the first time he played it. It was hard for him to play because he couldn't play it for my dad. He reserved it for special occasions and I was okay with that. That was his moment with my dad.

Harry talked a lot out my dad to Sky. He called him the greatest man he had ever met and told her that everything he knew about being a dad, he learned from Grandpa Jax.  She asked him why she doesn't know him and he said that Grandpa Jax had to leave before she was born, but that he loved her more than anything else in the world. He didn't know I was outside the door listening and I had to sit in the bathroom with the faucet on until I stopped crying. It was true. He would have loved her so much and it wasn't fair that she had to live without a single memory of him.

He finished Sign of the Times and set his guitar aside. He leaned forward to wipe the single tear that left a stain on my cheek. Sky followed his hands and saw that I was crying. She moved to my lap.

"What's wrong?" She looked genuinely upset that I was upset.

"Nothing is wrong, little bird. I just really really love your daddy. He's just the greatest man I know." I leaned forward to kiss him. "What else is on the agenda, besides me crying."

"Movies, snacks, and absolutely nothing else. It's all about us today. How's that sound, little bird? A day just about us?" She nodded and looked back up at the lights, fascinated by the night sky Harry had created for us in our living room. Harry set up his laptop and pulled up Netflix. "Do we have any requests?

"Should we just search romantic comedies on Netflix and see what we find?" He chuckled at the repetition. He had an insane ability to remember the smallest details.

"Are you going to make fun of my accent this time?"

"Maybe. I guess you'll have to find out." He chose an age appropriate movie to watch since Sky was still awake and grabbed the snacks he had stashed outside the door. We let her have free reign over whatever she wanted, just this once.

We stayed in our little fort until around 6pm. We were in the middle of a movie and there was a loud knock at the door. Sky was sleep in Harry's arms, so I got up so he didn't disturb her.

"Coming!" I shouted as I walked to the door. I looked through the peephole and found pale green hair through it. I opened the door and Kira turned around with a smile on her face and Kimmy right behind her with Mason in her arms.

"Well hello, where's the rest of the Styles family?" I moved out of the way so they could come in.

"Living room. Harry kicked Sky and I out so he could build us a fort to spend the day in."

"That's the cutest shit I have ever heard. I'm impressed and also a little jealous that Niall has never made me one. I'll be dropping hints immediately." Harry appeared from the fort as we walked toward the living room.

"He knows how to make them. He helped me with the last one."

"Bitch, he's made you two forts and I haven't even gotten one? I might have to steal your husband."

"I second that. I haven't gotten a fort either. Husband swap?" Harry laughed and came up behind me, a sleepy Sky waking up on his hip.

"As flattering as that is, I kinda like the wife I've got." He kissed my head. "And as much as we love seeing you, what the hell are you doing here?" Kira took off her shoes and Kimmy set Mason down.

"Well, it's your second anniversary. We know you didn't make plans, so we made them for you. Mason and Sky will be having a playdate while you two have a real date." I started to protest, but she stopped me. "Niall is working tonight and he has a table reserved for you. Everything is already taken care of. It's completely on us."

"Kira, that's too much." Harry's mind was exactly where mine was.

"Well it's too late because it's already set up and if you don't go then you'll honestly just be wasting money and Charlie is too frugal for that. So we'll take Sky and you two go get ready." She took Sky from Harry and shooed us up the stairs. Your reservations are at 8:30, so you've got about two and a half hours to yourself. Completely kid free."

We looked at each other and then to where Skylar was climbing into the fort with Mason and we both took off to the stairs, racing each other up the stairs. I started to to go our room, but he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back into his chest.

"Let go! We have to get ready!" His fingers squeezed my sides and he planted kisses all over my neck.

"We plenty of time for that, among other things." A hand fell to my hip and he pushed it back into him. He had a grin that rivaled the Cheshire Cat's.

"But Kira and Kimny are downstairs with the kids..."

"Listen for a moment." He stopped talking. I heard the sound of the tv up way too loud. "They won't hear a thing." He kissed up my neck, stopping right behind my ear. "It's just us for hours. Get out of your head." His hands pushed my shirt up a little and he traced patterns over my skin.

I turned in his arms and pushed him to our bed, shutting our bedroom door closed and locking it. He stopped me again though and started to walk me backwards toward the bathroom. "I had a bit of a different idea." He pushed me against the door and wedged a knee between my legs, pressing into me. I grabbed the doorknob behind me and opened it, letting us tumble into the bathroom and I shut it behind us, locking that one as well.

His eyebrows raised as he watched me slowly grab the bottom of my shirt and pull it over my head, leaving it abandoned by the door. I rolled my shorts down my legs and kicked them to the side. I hadn't put anything else on when I changed. His stare trailed down my body. I felt scrutinized under his eyes, but he looked back up to my face with dark eyes and a stare so intense I thought I would pass out where I stood.

He walked to the shower and turned the water on. He ripped his shirt off and tossed it. It fell into the sink, knocking a few things over in its wake. He called me to him with a single finger and I did as he asked. He pushed me against the glass, giving me not time to even breathe before his mouth was on mine. He rid his body of the rest of his clothes and gripped the back of my thighs, taking a step into the shower.

The water burned my skin. It was a shocking contrast to the cold tile on the shower wall that my back was pressed against. The water spilled over us. My hands gripped at his face, trying to pull him as close as I possibly could. He dropped my legs and turned me around, pushing my chest to the tile, keeping me there.

"Is this okay?" His words fanned over the shell of my ear, as if my willingness wasn't already apparent. I nodded and his hand floated over my wet skin. He was gently, barely touching me. I tried to move my hips forward just for a little contact, but he moved his fingers away. "Ask nicely."

"Harry..."

"The only words out of your mouth should be a question." His length was pressed against my back.

"Harry please."

"Please what? You're a big girl, use your words." His teasing tone was only making me more antsy. His fingers ghosting over my skin.

"Please touch me. Please, Harry." He pressed his middle finger directly on my clit but he kept it there. "That's not fair."

"You asked me to touch you. So I am. Did you want something more? Because I can't give you what you want unless you ask me nicely." He pushed his finger down a little more, just adding to the pressure I was already feeling in my stomach. "Did you want me to move my fingers, darling?" I nodded into the wall, praying he would give me what I couldn't verbalize. And my prayers came true. He kept his fingers slow and eased up on the pressure. I grabbed his wrist, keeping his hand on me.

"Faster." He did as I asked. He dipped a finger down to my entrance and pushed it in with no warning. His breathing was picking up in my ear. He didn't talk to me, just kept his fingers moving, listening to how I was reacting. He added a second. I had my forehead and one hand pressed to the shower wall. The burning water falling down his arm made everything feel more intense. I grabbed his free hand in mine and brought it to my throat.

"Is that how we're playing today, darling? I thought you'd want something a little softer today." He moved his fingers faster, slipping them out to circle around my clit and slipping them back in, but he added a third finger.

"There's plenty of time for soft shit." My voice came out a whine and we both knew I was close. The heat from the water pouring over us mixed with the heat between us felt suffocating. "God, please don't stop."

"That would be unfortunate, wouldn't it? If I stopped?" His fingers started to slow down, leaving my entrance and sliding around my clit. "Would that make you mad?"

"Don't even think about it, Harry. I swear to fucking g-" And then his fingers disappeared from me all together. He took a few steps back in our shower. My hands dropped to my sides and I turned to see him leaning against the opposite wall with a smirk on his face. "Are you kidding me?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" He looked to the little bench we had built into the corner of our shower and took a seat, grinning up at me. He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed, waiting for me to do something. I took the few steps toward him and stood between his legs. I brushed my fingers over his face lovingly before I ran them to the back of head and gripped his wet curls. I pulled his head back so he was fully looking at me.

"Get up. Now."

"Why should I?"

"Because I'll give you what you want and we both benefit. Or I can go get ready for dinner and you'll just have to suffer with nothing at all. It's your choice, so I suggest you choose wisely." He slowly stood up, keeping his eyes locked on mine until he was looking down at me.

"Who are you and what have you done with my Charlie."

"You pissed off your Charlie." I moved him around me and took his seat on the bench and looked up at him as I spread my legs open. "On your knees." He did as I asked and got on his knees. His eyes flickered up and down my body, waiting for me to tell him his next move. "I don't know why you're looking at me like you don't already know what you're here to do."

I reached forward to grab his head and push him to my waiting core. He threw my legs over his shoulders and his fingers dug into my thighs. His tongue skated over me, creating patterns. My eyes squeezed shut and he rebuilt the knot he ruined. He pulled away and spoke as I was about to yell at him. "Look at me. Eyes on me." I forced my eyes to open and focus on him. He slid two fingers back into me and pressed a kiss to the top of the inside of my thigh. His mustache tickled my skin.

He was quick to bring me back to where I'd been before. He didn't stop and didn't pull away like last time. He knew my threat was serious and I'd stick to it, even if we both suffered because of it. He worked me through my orgasm and sat back, satisfied with his work. I took a few deep breaths to compose myself and stood in front of him again. "Bench, please."

"You got off and now nice Charlie is back? Funny how that works." He moved to the bench and I hovered over him, a knee on either side of him.

"I thought you liked mean Charlie? Or are you just not in the mood to listen anymore?" His hand smacked my ass and the sound rang through my ears. I reached between us to grab his length. I stroked it slowly, watching his eyes flutter closed and his head fall back to the shower wall. "Tell me what you want? Do you want mean Charlie, or do you want nice Charlie? You have ten seconds to decide before I decide for you.

"Can I get both? Like a really good mix of both? That Charlie is my favorite Charlie. I like when she makes an appearance."

"Do you really think you've been good enough for that?" I swiped my thumb over his tip. He sucked in a breath and his hands pushed harder on to where he held my hips.

"If I promise to be good the rest of the night? Until we get home after dinner?" I grabbed his hand in mine and brought it to my throat again. His eyes opened to watch me squeeze his hand tighter so he'd hold me tighter. I watched his pupils dilate even more, until his irises were almost gone. I smiled as he got his answer. He tightened his fingers under mine and my heart started to beat faster under his fingers. I knew he could feel it. My hand slipped down to his wrist.

I inched forward so I was lined up with him. He peered up at me, lust and love filling his eyes. I lowered myself on to him, slowly, until we were eye to eye. My mouth dropped open and my forehead fell to his. His mouth was open against mine and we stayed there for a moment, breathing into each other. He was something I would never get tired of.

He pushed my hips up, guiding along his length. We kept our foreheads together. I looked to his eyes and he'd closed them. I kept it slow, giving him what he wanted. "Tell me you love me."

He opened his eyes. "You know I do."

"You said you were going to be good. Tell me you love me." His breathing was getting heavier and he was having trouble keeping his eyes open. The more I moved on him, the more dazed he looked.

"I love you. I love you so much more than you realize, Charlie." He closed his mouth around my bottom lip, nipping at it delicately. I moved my hips faster, swiveling them how he liked. He moaned into my open mouth. I gripped at his shoulders for balance as I picked up my pace. He pulled his forehead from mine and looked up at me, perched on his lap. "I've always loved you."

His proclamation of adoration and love made the knot in my abdomen tighter. The physical and emotional feelings festered in every part of my body and my legs started to ache. "I'm close, Harry."

"Keep going, don't stop." He helped me keep moving. He was close too, I could hear it in his voice. It was thick and tired. "C'mon, darling. Show me how much you love me." My hands weaved into his wet curls and that was all he needed. Knowing he felt good, made me felt good. We rode out our highs together, breathing heavy in the thick steam from the shower. I pulled myself off of him, just to collapse into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and just held me against his chest. "Think you're gonna make it to dinner?"

"Just another minute. I just wanna be close to you."

We finished our shower, washing each other's bodies. I tried to wrap a towel around myself when we got out, but he took it from my hand and claimed he didn't want to dirty towels if we didn't have to.

"It'll save on laundry later."

And that was, of course, a lie, and I knew it. But today had been so good and I felt so close to him that I would have done anything he asked.

We got ready next to each other. He pulled on boxers and sat on the counter while I did my makeup, telling me every time I finished a step how good it looked. He kept it up through my entire routine. He watched me do my hair too. I was only pulling it back into a low bun, but I had to redo it three times because he insisted having his fingers running through my hair was helping.

It wasn't. At all.

I finally got him to stop touching it though. And he chose the moment I was done with everything except getting dressed to tell me he'd decided to shave his mustache.

"I tried it for a few months and I liked it, but it gets itchy."

"But I like it. I like it a lot."

"I know you like it, and I know why you like it. Doesn't stop my face from being itchy, darling."

I may have pouted a little bit to try and convince him to keep it. I failed. But he let me shave his face for him. We switched places and it was my turn to sit on the counter in my underwear and watch him. He trimmed it down with his electric razor so it was more like a shadow on his face. He grabbed his shaving cream and razor. I took it from his hands and asked if I could shave his face for him. He agreed, reluctantly, but then I reminded him of how often I shaved and he let me.

He stood in between my legs and drew circles on my thighs. I spread a layer of shaving cream over his the parts of his face he needed to shave. He watched me rub it into his skin and laughed at how careful I was being. I rinsed my hands off in the sink and grabbed his razor.

"You ready?"

"I'm a little scared of you while you're wielding a sharp object near my face, but I trust you so I'm putting on a brave face. Please just don't cut me." He did genuinely look nervous. It was cute.

"Quit being a baby. You're forgetting that I'm an expert with razors." I pulled my lips into my mouth to hide my smirk. I dragged his razor down his jaw as he gave me a blank look.

"That's not funny."

"It's a little bit funny. Now shut up so I don't actually cut you." He rolled his eyes but stopped talking anyway. He watched me shave away what was left of his mustache. He watched everything I did in detail and look in the mirror occasionally for any blood on his face. I handed him a towel when I was done. He wiped off his face and looked in the mirror, inspecting every inch of his face.

"Well? How did I do?"

"Not a single nick. I'm impressed. Might have to ask you to shave my face from now on."

"I told you I'm an expert with razors. You should stop doubting my skills and be glad that you're stuck with me until we die." I walked out of the bathroom and into our bedroom. It much a lot cooler in our room than the bathroom and my skin was covered in goosebumps. I saw our unmade bed and felt the temptation to get in it rather than put on a dress.

"It's still not funny." He followed me out, flicking the light off behind him.

"I think it is. I think it's funny that I can joke about it now and genuinely laugh rather than joke about it with the intention to deflect." I looked through our closet to find something to wear.

"I never thought about it like that."

"That's because you're focused on the fact that I almost died, not the fact that I didn't. What should I wear?" He came over to where I was digging into the depths of our closet. He looked for  a moment and pulled out a white dress. It was the one I wore home after our wedding reception. "I should just start calling you Hallmark Harry."

"You say that like you don't love it. Wear it though? It seems fitting since it's our anniversary though."

"I'll wear it just for you, but I get to pick what you wear since you picked what I wear." He took a step back and sat on the edge of our bed with my dress next to him. I looked through our closet for the one specific shirt that I loved. I found it and pulled it out, holding it in front of my body. It was my favorite blue button up.

"You always come back to this one."

"You look really good in it. You look good in blue." I pulled a nice pair of pants out of a drawer and threw them on the bed. "Get dressed. We've got about 20 minutes before we have to leave."

We got dressed. Harry zipped my dress for me and fished my white shoes from the closet. He put them on my feet for me. We walked down the stairs and were met with pure chaos. It was a happy and smile filled chaos, but still chaos. The kids were running around and chasing each other while Kimmy and Kira watched them from the couch. We watched them duck into the fort and sit in complete silence for a few seconds. Sky screamed and ran out with Mason right behind her. He was faster than her though and got in front of her, causing her to scream and run back to the fort. She saw us standing at the bottom of the stairs watching and completely ignored him and came straight to me.

I picked her up and kissed her cheek, leaving a dark red lipstick mark on it. "Are you having fun with Mason?" She nodded with a smile stretching ear to ear. Mason ran up to Harry, asking to be picked up.

"You be nice to her or else we'll have to have a talk." He kissed Mason's forehead and set him back down. Sky looked at Harry while he was talking to Mason, but she looked completely confused. "What's wrong, little bird?" She reached forward and touched his freshly shaved face. He'd gone upstairs with a mustache and came back down with one. "Don't tell me you liked the mustache too." She pouted in my arms and started to cry.

"I told you that you shouldn't have shaved it. Keeping it had way more pros than cons." I rubbed her back to try and calm her down before we left.

"You liked it for two very different reasons." Kira and Kimmy choked on their drinks in the living room. I'd almost forgot they were there at all.

"I'm okay with knowing details about your sex life, Charlie, but that's one I could have lived without."

"Please, I could draw a realistic picture of Niall's dick just from your too detailed descriptions of it." Harry's head snapped to me at the mention of Niall. "Calm down, I've never asked, nor have I actually seen it. I'd prefer not to know." He muttered something under his breath. It sounded like 'it's not better than mine though' but I couldn't be sure. I wouldn't put it past him though.

"You guys should get going. It's getting late." Kimmy stood up and got ready to take Sky from me. I kissed her cheeks and whispered how much I love her in her ear. I passed her to Harry. He kissed her cheeks and she started to cry again. She wasn't coping with the missing mustache like I was.

"There's nothing I can do about it, Sky. It'll grow back if I let it though. Would that make you happy?" She nodded with a tear resting in the corner of her eyes. I brushed his thumb against it so it would go away. She smiled into his hand. "I love you so much, little bird. You're my favorite little bird in the whole world, did you know that?" She nodded again and pushed her forehead against his mouth, asking him to kiss it. "Mommy and Daddy are gonna leave for a little bit and you're going to stay here with Aunt Kimmy and Aunt Kira, okay? They're gonna put you to bed and we'll be here when you wake up in the morning. Do you understand?" She nodded once more. "That's my smart girl."

We each pressed a kiss to her cheek. I left a lipstick mark on the other one and Harry passed her to Kimmy's waiting arms. We waved goodbye and Harry blew her a kiss as we walked out the front door. She started crying the second the door was closed and she realized we were actually leaving without her. It was rare when we left our house without her. She was almost always with one of us, or at least knew we were going to leave if we dropped her off with someone else. To be honest, we hated being away from her. It wasn't something any of us were used to.

We got to the restaurant and Niall was waiting by the door to personally escort us to our table. It was the same one we sat at the first time we ate at his restaurant. He really pulled out all the stops for us. They had meals arranged for us already and they were brought out right after our drinks. He stopped halfway through to ask us how it was. It was amazing, of course.

We finished dinner and were grabbing our jackets from the coat check. Harry asked the hostess if she could grab Niall from the kitchen so we could thank him again for their surprise. He comes out from the kitchen beaming and goes to Harry immediately. He hugs him tighter.

"Happy anniversary, mate. Kiss Skylar and tell her I love her, yeah? I'll have to visit when I'm off work so I can see her." He leaned over to hug me too and kissed my cheek.

"We will. She misses her Uncle Nair. She's walking now." He rolled his eyes at my use of Skylar's inability to properly pronounce his name.

"I can't believe I missed it. I'll call you tomorrow or something and we'll set it up. Drive safe, guys." Harry helped me slip my jacket on and we waved goodbye to Niall. It was raining as we walked to the car. Harry kept his arm around me to shield me from the wind.

"I'm ready to see my baby. I miss her. I hate not being home for bed time." He started the car and pulled out of our spot.

"Me too. I wish she would stay little forever so she needs me forever." 

"I don't think I want to change diapers forever though, so if she could stop aging at like, nine or ten, that would be okay with me."

"Wait, yeah. I'm over the whole diaper thing. I just want to keep my sweet little baby." The rain started to pour down harder. I turned up the radio a little more. There was nothing good on, so I connected my phone to his bluetooth and put on I'll Be Seeing You. We'd listened to it every anniversary, so this one wasn't going to be any different.

But it was so much different. It was our second anniversary married and we had a daughter this time around. This one was special for us.

He looked at me and opened his mouth for just a moment, but a moment was too long. We hit a puddle of water the wrong way and the wheels spun under us and headlights flashed around us. His arm flew in front of me, keeping me against the seat. The road turned into a blur and I couldn't tell which way was up. Harry yelled next to me but his yelling stopped with the smashing of glass.

I heard sirens and yelling. I opened my eyes and saw a lot of flashing lights. I wasn't in the car anymore. I was laying in the road, people running around me. I tried to look around to find Harry, but moving hurt. Every part of my body hurt. But I couldn't see Harry. Someone started to talk to me and there was a light flashing in my eyes, but I couldn't focus on anything but where Harry was. Everything hurt and I couldn't see Harry.

And then everything went black.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

861K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
2.6K 187 25
"That's it. Show me what I do to you." He growled. ---- In which Harry Styles is a paramedic, saving lives to the best of his ability until one day...
1.1M 49K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
19.9K 570 68
[COMPLETED] [PART - 1] For Luna Rose, he was the breath of fresh air after being trapped underwater. He was her comfort in the lonely nights and the...