Beauty and the Sheriff | SHER...

De thehouseofdevil

Caroline of Locksley was always simple child with huge heart. As an orphan, she was grateful for her guardian... Mais

| OPENING |
1 | Once Upon a Time
2 | Sheriff of Nottingham
3 | Marriage or Death
4 | Nottingham Castle
5 | Dinner or Disaster
7 | Friendship
8 | Surprise for Caroline
9 | Season of the Witch
10 | Something There
11 | Beauty and the Sheriff
12 | Sherwood Forest
13 | Mortianna's Revenge
14 | Sanderson Sisters
15 | Final Battle
| CREDITS |

6 | Robin Hood

881 131 121
De thehouseofdevil

Caroline's POV

When I woke up in the morning, for a moment I felt peaceful. Until I started to remember the events of last night. That really was hell of crazy dinner. I got out of bed, walking to the window in my room. I needed some fresh air after the whole encounter. As I looked outside, I saw the guests returning to their daily life.  The whole castle was quiet, everyone has gone back to work or wherever they have business to do. The Sheriff's men were patrolling the outer walls and a few of them were standing guard outside of my door. How unexcepted.

As the day passed I found myself pacing up and down my room, anxious and waiting for something to happen. The last thing I wanted was to go anywhere near the Sheriff, but I could see him in the distance as he talked to his men in garden, discussing the events of last night. I caught him glancing up in my direction every now and then it hitted me. He wasn't angry. No, his face was filled with different emotion. It was sadness. I thought I'm just picturing things but I could face the fact he felt bad about yesterday.

Could it be even possible for such a tyrant like him feel other emotion than rage and cruelty? I was unaware how to feel. In the end I just dedicated to wait for him to knock on my door. Around 20 minutes passed and I finally heard knocking. I was prepared to argue, get attacked, blamed...everything but I would never imagine what actually excepted me. I opened the door to see the Sheriff standing there. I widened my eyes when I saw him carrying a bouquet of flowers. "Hey, Caroline." Sheriff tried for a smile but it turned out little awkward.

I stared at him in shock and surprise. What does this mean? "Uhm...I thought you might like these?" He chuckled nervously, holding out the bouquet. "Flowers...for me?" I asked, not believing it. "Of course they're for you, who else? Or what's the matter? You don't like them?" He kept asking, little losing temper again. "No..no, they're beautiful. Thank you..?" I responded, uncertain about entire situation. Sheriff walked closer, placing the bouquet in my arms. My palms become surrounded by the petals, the flowers were truly beautiful.

"Why...why do you gift me flowers? After yesterday I thought..I thought you will most likely throw me in some dungeon and not gift me literal a boquet." I admitted, making it clear how odd this situation was from my point of view. "Well, I am well aware of what happened last night. This is why I'm here." He explained, remaining nervous. "I can't deny that I'm angry with you for what you did, but the thing you've done for these brats...I mean kids...you really have a kind heart. I can see that you're different to the other nobles who only care about their money."

"To me no gold can compare to a golden heart." I admitted, checking the boquet all over again. "I suppose you're correct." Sheriff muttered, still fighting himself to give me a genuine smile without any lust or sin behind it. "But thank you for these flowers...and kind words." I added. "Yeah..yeah, you're welcome. Those children really got to you, didn't they?" He beamed at me as I held the flowers. "Well, yeah, they did. The situation in city really isn't any bright." I admitted, hoping he won't start yelling or argue. For my surprise he remained calm. Somehow he looked even concered for a while.

"I think I could arrange for some of them...certain money from the nobles to help the orphans...but I need a favour in return..." He suddenly offered, making me snap back. A catch, of course. "I see...what would that be?" I asked, putting the boquet in vase. "You see, I want you to accompany me to the local church. The priest has asked me to arrive although I hate it so much, since there will be entire town and my reputation...well, I would like you to be there with me. It's not much of ask, isn't it? So what do you say, will you come with me?" Sheriff explained me his offer.

"You...you want me as your company there?" I repeated that offer in my head. I was uncertain. "Yes, will you join me for the service?" Sheriff gave me a pleading look. "I have no choice, do I?" I sighed, crossing my arms. "You're smart to know the answer." Sheriff grinned at me, making me face the fact. I simply must go. "For the sake of your people...I shall go with you." I answered in the end. "Very well, Caroline. Thank you...but there is one thing...uhm...can I give you some advice before we go?" He suddenly asked. I shrugged but ended up nodding.

"There will be many people watching us, including the nobles or the common folk. I want you to help me make an impression, but I don't want you to up-stage me. I want you by my side, yeah. But you also need to be quiet and reserved, you cannot up-stage me or make a spectacle of yourself. Can you do this for me?" He spoken, sincerity in his voice. "I guess..I guess that wouldn't be problem, unless you piss me off." I commented, making him grin. "I'll try my best not to then." I was still little surprised by his behavior. It was still him but there was some tiny change. "So, are you ready to go?"

"I think so." I nodded and let him lead me out of the castle to the church, guards joining us. As we walked through the bustling streets of Nottinghamshire, I noticed the townspeople watching us both. They're not used to seeing the Sheriff and his new fiáncee in town together, their whispers filling the air. Sheriff was way uncomfortable by the all the staring and whispering. His reputation was indeed bad, yet, I couldn't forget that sudden change of his behavior towards me today.

Or maybe it was just some manipulation so I would agree to go with him in the church?Losted in my thoughts, before I know it, we've arrived at the church and it's already filled with people waiting for the service to begin. Me and Sheriff sat in first row, people still staring. There were more beggars than noble people. I saw the hopeless stares of many of them. But I also saw the hatred in few faces, for sure directed to Sheriff. I sighed about it, I prayed that I could find a way to help. Suddenly, the service began.

We beseech thy blessing, Lord on all your people, but most especially...

on our noble Sheriff of Nottingham.

Grant him the wisdom to guide and protect our glorious city.

Grant him also the strength to bring to justice the lawless men.

These who would threaten its safety and prosperity and the judgment to punish them in your name.

Amen.

When the speech was done, I stared at Sheriff who was nothing but satisfied with the speech. Someone would even think he payed the church to speak of him this way. I rather ignored that fact as I saw people begging for anything, no matter if food or money. "Caroline!" I quickly looked up and noticed children from the orphanage running towards me. They were here too! I smiled warmly, standing up to approach them. "It's Caroline!" The children flocked around me, excited to see me. As I knelt down to hug them, I could feel their joy and happiness. 

I noticed the Sheriff, still sitting in first row, watching me and the children as he wasn't used to seeing this kind of affection. He continued to watch the children talking to me, sudden look of sadness and regret came over him. Did he see his past mistakes and the missed opportunities that he had in his life as the Sheriff? "Caroline look what we painted today!" Hannah, one of the girls, handed me a smaller drawing of unicorn. "Oh, Hannah, sweetheart. This is beautiful, you're so talented." I smiled, hugging her tight.

As I standed up, I was still aware of Sheriff watching me and my interactions with the children. I glanced at him and I was taken by surprise. There was an actual sadness in his eyes that made my heart somehow ache. I could picture him trying to be in my position, trying to be the kind person like me. When he noticed I stare his direction, he dedicated me a warm smile. For first time genuine smile. I thought I'm making up things, but the smile showed me that's he's somehow proud at me. It made me realize that he's very different from what I experienced. Was there something I didn't see before?

I wanted return to him as I thought he might want to tell me something but he got surrounded by his advisors faster than I could act. He was bothered by it but he had no choice. Same for me. I walked through the church, studying the outstanding architecture. As I was starstrucked by it, I didn't notice a male dressed in brown cape, grabbing me from behind. I yelled out as I felt a hand over my mouth and happened to be dragged away. I tried break free from the unknown man but he didn't let me go, throwing us both in a small room and instantly locked the door.

"Help me! HELP!" I panicked as he let go of my mouth. I stopped shouting as the man revealed himself. I stayed standing with gasp. "R..o..b..in?" My Robin, my beloved...he standed right in front of me! Dream or real? He was here. "I hope I haven't got that old for my little Caroline." He smiled, his beautiful blue eyes sparkling. I hugged him tightly with tears falling from my eyes like teardrops on a rainy night. "Robin...I missed you so much. So so much..." He held me tight in return, wiping my tears. "Me too, sissy. Me too, I'm so happy I found you."

"But where have you been that long? And what are you doing here? How did you find me?!" I asked too much, staying close in his embrace. "I'll tell you everything but now we must escape. Father told me everything, about that monstrous Sheriff who taken you away and nearly killed you both! It's all gonna be fine, I'm taking you back home." Robin said, checking the window if we could escape that way. "Robin, I don't think it's a good idea." I sighed, making Robin raise an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

"I gave my word to Sheriff to become his wife. I done it so he doesn't harm Uncle, your father, you really have no idea what he's capable of, he could kills us all if I break my word." I explained, but was it only the promise? "Caroline, we will find a way, don't worry. No one comes to any harm, I'm here now. I'll protect us. Protect you." Robin stated, adjusting hair from my face. I wanted respond but then the door went open wide. "Oh no.." I gasped in horror.

We both turned towards the Sheriff as he was standing just a few feet away from us. His face was filled with anger and I noticed some of the guards behind him holding their weapons. Before I could even say anything, Robin pushed me against the wall near the door. "Don't move, Caroline. Just stay calm and don't make any sudden moves. If we're gonna survive this, we have to do it my way!" Robin said, grabbing his knife.

"Caroline...how dare you to leave me there like some fool!" Sheriff shouted at me with voice full of anger. "Who's that?! Who's this poverty?!" He angrily pointed at Robin. "Don't hurt him! Please!" I rushed before Sheriff to beg as I hoped I wasn't wrong and there really might be a hope for better man inside of him. "Caroline, get back!" Robin ordered, hiding me behind him. "Remember young Robin of Locksley, Sheriff? Meet Robin Hood. Your nemesis. At your service." Robin introduced himself in sarcasm, lifting his little knife.

A yell went across the church. I gasped as I watched Robin, digging the knife a little deeper in Sheriff's cheek. Sheriff let out an animal-like scream when he was cut and some of the guards freaked out but then quickly moved forward. Sheriff was in real pain, blood spilling down his face. "LOCKSLEY!" Sheriff screamed, holding his bleeding face. "We have to go, we have to go now!" Robin ordered, holding my arm. He cutted the rope from chandelier, swinging us up on the ceiling of church's dome where was window.

As Robin tried pull me through the window, my hand slipped. "Caroline!" Robin yelled out as I started fall back at ground. I was about to fall on the chandelier and most likely get stabbed by it! As I was about to accept my fate, in rush, someone catched me. Not hard to realize who. Sheriff held me in his arms, blood still dripping from his face. As insane as it was, he just saved my life. "Stupid girl." Sheriff growled at me, looking up at Robin. "I'M GONNA CUT YOUR HEART OUT WITH A SPOON!"

"Robin, run! I'll be fine! RUN!" I ordered, making Sheriff even more agressive as he putted me back on my feet. "There it begins." Robin said, quickly escaping as Sheriff's guards started to shot at him. "This is all your fault!" Sheriff shouted at me, pushing me in arms of two guards as he started chase Robin. Fortunately, Robin was already out of sight.

• • •

Hello everyone! Newest chapter is here. Since I know I have few Kevin's fangirls here, I hoped you enjoyed Robin's first appearance. I myself really love Kevin Costner, especially in Waterworld or Perfect World (but I love Alan damn more as you can tell haha, true loml). I'm also sorry in advance if I won't update that often, school is really busy. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I apologize for all my mistakes. Thank you so much for reading and see you in comments! Sending love

Continue lendo

VocΓͺ tambΓ©m vai gostar

12.7K 1.9K 46
Niccola is a demi-queen undercover in enemy territory. Her little sister went missing seven moons ago, but one lead remains: a picture of a woman's f...
129K 4K 25
{COMPLETED} \ I suck at descriptions so here is a preview for you! I hope you like it! Will is a prince and Nico is the kingdom's thief. Enjoy! / WPO...
34.2K 709 24
Robin of Locksley is determined to protect villages all around the kingdom. Nothing stands in her way as she faces Sherif of Nottingham and many othe...
5.7K 231 13
Ruelle Hood, Robin Hoods younger sister has to leave Locksley and seek protection under the orders of King Uther. Her brother being the reasoning of...