Heart Of Darkness >> Te...

By writtergirl2

Anna Hale is back and ready for some sort of normalcy in her life, while fighting off whatever comes to the b... More

Preface
Anna Hates High School
Derek Does Not Approve
Anna's Social Life
The Hunter and The Hunted
Stiles And His Virginal Problems
Barely Breathing
Not Going Down Without A Fight
Twisting The Knife Into An Already Bleeding Heart
Fixing Broken Ties
Better Than A Baseball Bat
Still Breathing
Last Chance to Live
Haunted Thoughts
Epilogue
Blame Peter
Anna Throwing Sass
Kidnapped Kira
Problem With Black lights
Security System Failure
Missing In Action
Unorthodox Behavior
Author's Note
Nefarious Plans
The Trickster Attacks
Bad Plans In Action
Meeting Malia
Guns Out
Illusions In The Mind
Danger Still Lingers
The Return of Cousin Miguel and Margarita
Enemies Turned Friends
Final Battle Calls
Epilogue
NEWS

Uncle Peter And Little Annie Making Bets

6.8K 175 46
By writtergirl2

We had another plan to make Isaac remember and I hate this one even more. But I kept my mouth shut as I dumped a bag of ice into the large tub.

God, I hate this plan.

My thoughts were broken up when I heard the tail end of Deaton and Isaac's conversation. “Like being hypnotized.” Isaac offers. “Exactly. You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind.”

Isaac bends down next to the tub and looks at it his face a mask of fear. Scott pipes in from next to me. “How slow does his heart rate need to be?”

“Very slow.” Deaton answers, I lean over the tub my hands clasped in front of me. “Okay, well, how slow is very slow?” I question.

“Nearly dead.” Deaton deadpans.

Isaac touches his palm to the fidgeted water and he yanks his hand back while inhaling sharply.

“It's safe, though, right?” The young blue eyed Beta questions. “Do you want me to answer honestly?” Deaton asks.

Isaac shakes his head while saying, “No. No, not really.” We all turn our heads when we hear the sound of rubber snapping. I know before I turn around it's my idiot.

It goes all the way up his arm and he smiles while looking at it. I shake my head. “What?” He questions. I give him a scolding look and he yanks the glove off.

Derek sends me a 'seriously?' look. I glare at him. I then send a worried glance over to Isaac. “You don't have to do this if you don't want to.” Scott and Derek nod in agreement.

Isaac nods then pulls his shirt off. I'm taking that he's going through with this.

He lets out a puff of air and climbs in. Scott and I pull off our jackets. He gets in the water his hands gripping the tub tightly. Scott, and Derek hold onto Isaac shoulder while I stand behind his head and hold onto his shoulders as well. We then submerge him.

He comes up his fangs bared and his bright amber eyes glowing, we struggle some to put him back under but we manage it and Stiles moves to grab his legs. “Get him back under.” Deaton says.

“Hold him.” Deaton says again. “We're trying!” I snap. We push him back under and then he stops fighting.

We slowly let go and I watch Isaac my eyes wide. I really hate this.

“Now, remember, only I talk to him. Too many voice will confuse him and draw him out.” The wise vet explains while lingering a look at Derek and I.

“Isaac? Can you hear me?” Deaton questions. “Yes. I can hear you.” Isaac replies from his trance.

“This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that all right?”

“Yes.” Isaac replies.

“I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd. I want you to remember it for me in as vivid detail as possible, like your actually there again.”

Isaac starts to move again.

“I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna do that.” I move from where I was standing in between Scott and Derek and then move in between Stiles and Derek to push on Isaac's chest.

The thunder rumbles outside.

“Isaac, it's all right. Just relax. They're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory.” The lights flicker and the thunder continues to roll.

“I don't wanna do that.” Isaac mutters.

“It's all right.”

“I don't wanna do that.”

“Relax.” He slowly starts to relax. “Good.” Deaton says.

All of us remove our grips. “Now let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is there some kind of building? A house?”

“It's not a house. It's stone. I think marble.”

“That's perfect. Can you give me any other descriptors?” Deaton comments.

“It's dusty, so empty.”

“Like an abandoned building?”

The thunder continues to rumble and the lights begin to flicker.

“Isaac?” Deaton questions. “Someone's here. Someone's here.” Isaac mutters.

“Isaac, relax.” He starts to fidget in the water. Derek, Scott, Stiles and I struggle to hold him.

“No, no, no, no. They see me, they see me!” He lets out a scream.

“Just memories.” Deaton soothes. “You won't be hurt by your memories. Just relax. Relax. Now tell us what you see.”

“I hear him. He's talking about the full moon about being out of control when the moon rises.”

“Is he talking to Erica?” Does that mean both of them our alive?

“I think so, I can't... I can't see her. I can't see either of them.”

“Can you hear anything else?” Deaton questions.

“They're worried, worried what they'll do during the moon. They're worried that they're gonna hurt each other.”

I let out a dismissive sigh through my noise. “If they're locked in together on the full moon, they're gonna tear each other apart.” I deadpan.

Deaton starts talking to Isaac again with a new found sense of urgency. “Isaac, we need to find them right now. Can you see them?”

“No.”

“Do you know what kind of room it is? Is there any kind of marker? A number on a door? A sign?”

Isaac lets out a loud gasp and shoots forward. “They're here. They're here.” Isaac mutters starting to panic again.

“No. They're here.” He whispers.

“Just tell us...” Deaton starts but is cut off.

“They see me. They found me. They're here!”

“This isn't working. Issac, where are you?” Derek snaps losing his patience. “I can't seem them it's too dark!”
“Tell me where you are.” Derek repeats. “I can't see!” “You're going to confuse him.” Deaton says to my brother.

“Isaac, where are you?” Derek asks again.

“Just tell me where you.”

“His heart rate, he could go into shock.” I remind. “Derek let him go!” Scott snaps.

“Isaac, where are you? What did you see?” Derek demands.

“A vault! It's a bank vault!”

Isaac jumps out of the water breaking out of his trance. “I saw it! I saw the name!” He shouts.

I stand off to the side, that can't be right? Then who was in the vault with Boyd?

Derek and Scott help Isaac out of the tub and Deaton wraps a towel around him.

“It's, uh, Beacon Hills First National Bank. It's an abandoned bank, and they're keeping them locked inside the vault.” Isaac explains. Stiles moves over to stand next to me.

Derek stands with his arms crossed looking down at the ground. I stare down at the puddles of water on the ground.

Isaac looks around now noticing our somber expressions. “What?”

“You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?” Stiles questions.

Isaac shakes his head. “No.” Derek and I share a look. “You said when they captured you that they dragged you into a room and that there was a body in it.” Stiles explains.

“What body?” I swallow the lump growing in my throat. “Erica. You said it was Erica.”

+

Derek began pacing around his arms folded. “She's not dead.” He argues. “Derek, he said, 'There's a dead body. It's Erica.' Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation.” Stiles counters.

I stand up from spot from next to Stiles and face him. “Then who was in the vault with Boyd?” I snap.

“Someone else, obviously.” Stiles counters. I set a heavy glare at him. “Maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle. The one who saved you?” Scott suggests.

“No, she wasn't like us. And whoever was in that vault was.” Isaac replies.

“What if that's how Erica died? They pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives. It's like werewolf thunderdome.” Stiles suggests.

I face palm and Derek sends me a glance. “Why?” Is the only question that comes out of his mouth.

“Then we get them out tonight.” I state in a crisp tone. “Be smart about this, Anna. You can't just go storming in.” Deaton deadpans.

“If Isaac got in, then so can we.” Derek comments. “But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?” Deaton questions. “We need a plan.” Scott pipes in.

“How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than hours?” I ask in disbelief.

“Uh, I think someone already did. 'Beacon Hills First National closes its door three months after vault robbery.'” Stiles reads.

“Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out.” He adds to his previous statement.

“How long?” I ask. “It's the Internet, A.” Stiles replies. I thicken my glare at him. He scoffs.

Derek shoots him a look as well. “Okay? Minutes.” I starred at him for a moment and I felt the sexual tension thicken,

+

The next night Stiles, Scott and I all went back to my place to discuss the plan of action to break into the vault. Hopefully Stiles found something helpful. I have very little doubt in his detective abilities.

We all stood around the table as Stiles was pulling out the floor plans and schematics.

I stood next to Sties and Derek was on the other side, of me. Even Peter was here, which is the reason why I was slightly homicidal.

“Okay. You see this? This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here.” Stiles explains while circling the vault with my red sharpie.

“Okay? One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him about 12 hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom.” He circles what he was talking about then drops the sharpie dramatically.

“Can we fit in there?” Scott asks.

“Yes, well Anna can since she is a midget but it would be tight even for her. And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking a diamond bit...” Derek cuts him off. “Look forget the drill.”

Stiles shakes his fist and turns to look at Derek and I slowly back out of the way of them, because Derek is in a mood where he can be a little unpredictable.

“Sorry?” Stiles questions. “If I go in first, how much space do I have?” He asks.

Stiles looks at me with a what- the actually-hell face. I shrug. He then turns back to look at Derek.

“What do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?” Stiles questions in disbelief and a bit of sarcasm laced into his tone. I back up into the wall standing next to Peter.

Derek turns to face Stiles a sarcastic smile playing on his face. “Yes. Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall.” He replies. Peter nudges me with his foot.

“Bet you 5 bucks Derek is gonna punch your boy male friend or whatever the hell you two are.” I turn to glare at him. “No, I'm not gonna bet you to see if my brother is gonna hit my boyfriend.....and second of all I don't have five bucks. Because I know Derek is gonna cause him so sort of anguish.”

“Okay, big guy. Let's see it, Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared.”

“He's gonna die a virgin.” I state with my arms folded across my chest. Stiles continues his taunt at Derek who looks more and more pissed off at the young spaz.

“Big, bad wold. Yeah, look at that. Okay, see this?” He grabs Derek's wrist and moves his hand three inches from Derek's fist. I would like to kindly advise him to let go of Derek before he gets a black eye.

“That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid con...”

Derek punched Stiles' hand and he fell backwards. “Ow! Aah! He could do it!” Stiles mutters while holding his injured arm. I glare at Derek. “What is your problem?” I yell at Derek. “That's to punish me right?” Derek replies while pointing at Stiles.

“No! Why do you keep asking that?” I go over to Stiles who whimpers on the floor. “I told you not to provoke him.” I scold.

He gets up and I take his wrist in my hand. I kiss his clenched fist lightly, then let go. “Better?” I question with a teasing smile. Stiles smiles back like a little kid in a candy store. What the hell is this boy doing to me?

Derek glares at the two of us. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at him. “I can get through the wall. Who's following me down?” Derek questions, I raise my hand. “Uh, me the only girl in the room would like to volunteer, if you forgot that I'm the ones with boobs.” I call out and Derek face palms, I hear Peter chuckle.

Stiles stands next to Scott, who Derek looks at Peter. “Don't look at me. I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and with Isaac out of commission you two are not looking at very good odds for yourselves.”

“Thank you oh thank uncle sociopath. Anyone else want to volunteer?” I question.

“So I'm supposed to just let them die?” Derek argues, he had gotten a lot more moral recently and I was a little bit impressed. But I'm not telling him that ever.

“One of them is already dead.” Peter retorts. “We don't know that, not shut the hell up.” I snap.

“Do I have to remind you what we're up against here, little Annie? A pack of Alphas. All of them killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant Alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed.”

I let out a growl and turn to look at Peter. “First of all, never call me little Annie again, and second of all I don't have testicles I have a vagina so please if you could stop assuming everyone in the room has a dick thank you.” I say tartly.

“Can someone kill him again, please?” Stiles questions. I smirk and pop out my claws. When Scott grabs my arm. “Let me do it Scott!”

“Derek, little Annie, seriously, not worth the risk.” Peter says putting emphasis on my name.

I glare at him. Derek sends a sideways glance toward Scott. “What about you?” He questions.

“Yeah if you want me too...” Stiles starts Derek cuts him off very annoyed. “Not you.” He snaps.

“Scott.” Stiles mutters while pointing his thumb at Scott.

“I don't know about Erica. But if Boyd's still alive, we have to do something. We have to try.”

“But?” Derek questions. “Who's the other girl? The one locked in there with Boyd?” Damn I hope this work.

+

Derek, Scott and went to the bank while Stiles and Peter stayed behind. Stiles did not like me going that much he kept asking me if I really wanted to do this and he kept asking me if I wanted to stay behind with him to protect him from Peter. I tried to push all my thoughts down and focus, we stood in the ally looking for the way in. I saw the look on Scott's face. “What?” I question.

“There's just something I can't get out of my head.” Scott replies.

“The moon's rising, Scott. What issues would you like to work out because we have plenty of time!” I whisper shout while waving my arms around.

“Risk and reward.” Scott replies. I nearly slap him. “Finstock's lesson in econ are you freaking kidding me McCall?!” I yell.

“I just don't think we're measuring the risk with enough information. We don't know enough.” That time I do slap him, but only on the shoulder.

“We know time's running out.” Derek snaps. “Yeah, but think about it. They put the triskele on your door four months ago. What have they been doing all this time? Why wait until now?” Scott asks. “We don't have the time to figure out every little detail.” Derek argues.

“But what if this detail, the reason why they waited, what if it's the most important one?” Scott asks. I bite my lip what if he's right.

“Then we do nothing. And Boyd and Erica are dead. I know what I'm risking. My life for theirs.” And with that the Alpha marches off ready for the fight. Derek jumps up on the latter and and swings his legs and climbs up. He turns to face Scott and I who still stood firmly on the ground. “And I won't blame either of you if you don't follow me.” He turns his back and climbs.

I roll my eyes. Again with the new found heroism. I jump up on the barred window and then swing up on the latter, I then climb up and follow my brother.

I soon hear Scott behind me.

Derek punches through the wall it takes him a few swings through, but the bastard gets it.

He then rolls through the wall and I follow and then Scott behind me. I catch two scents one of Boyd's and the other that is eerie familiar.

“Boyd?” I call out. I see a silhouette of him and he let's out a growl, that is not good.

Derek slowly stands up. “Boyd? It's me. It's Derek.” He says softly. My phone starts vibrating and Stiles' picture flashes across my screen.

“Stiles, now is not the best time.” I mutter into the phone while carefully watching Boyd.

Anna! Anna! No, listen to me, okay? Look you gotta get out of there. Look the wall of the vault are made with a mineral called hecatolite. It scatters the moonlight.” Stiles says in a rushed panic.

“You don't mean....” I start but Peter cuts me off. “Yes, Anna it's what you're thinking they haven't felt the full moon in months.”

“It's like gladiators in the Roman Colosseum, isn't? They're the starved lions and we just stepped into the Colosseum.” I whisper my voice catching from realization hitting me.

I look over at my brother. “Bro, we got a problem, big problem.” Another growl sounds and a female about my height stands next to Boyd my blood turns to ice.

“Cora?” I whisper my voice catching. “Who?” Scott questions. “Cora?” Derek asks in the same tone except he sounds worse than me.

“Derek, A, get out. Get out now!” She growls at us fighting to keep control.

“Anna?” Stiles voice sounds from my phone. Scott looks down to something along the wall and my eyes follow his.

“Mountain Ash.” I whisper. The door to the vault opens and I see a young woman who looks familiar. She closes the seal of the circle. “ANNA!”

“Wait no!” Scott and I yell. Cora and Boyd let out loud roars and charge for us.

My phone gets dropped in the process.

I fight Cora. I grow my claws and I growl at her. We fight until, Derek and Scott and I lean up against the wall.

“You know her?” Scott questions us. “She's our sister. My younger sister and Anna's older sister.” Derek explains in a rush.

“What the hell is she doing here?” Scott questions. “Like we have a clue. We thought she was dead!” I reply.

Allison runs to the door. “Look out!” She calls.

Derek and I move and Boyd grabs Scott. I grab Cora and throw her on the ground she swings her leg knocking me off balance, I fall to the ground and she goes to swing down on my throat when Derek grabs her and throws her and continues to fight her.

“BOYD!” Allison calls. “No don't break the seal!” I yell.

Boyd and Cora take off. I march over to Allison and I grab her. “Don't touch her!” Scott yells, I release my grip on her. “What the hell where you thinking!” I yell. “That I had to do something.” She replies.

“She saved our lives.” Scott defends. “Yeah, and what do you think they're gonna do out there? Do you have any idea what you just set free?” Derek yells his temper out of his control.

“You want to blame me? Well, I am not the one turning teenagers into killers.” Allison snaps back.

“No. No, that's just the rest of your family.” I snap. “I've made mistakes. Gerard is not my fault.”

“Almost killing my brother is, and what about your psychotic mother?” I spat.

“What do you mean?” Allison questions. Derek looks over at him. “Tell her, Scott.” He says.

 “What does she mean, Scott?” Scott doesn't answer. “What does she mean?” 

I am so excited for the next few episodes because frayed is just my favorite in general and I can't wait to get into Cora and Anna's relationship which is very dysfunctional but you will all love it trust me and Anna and Peter are gonna have a few moments in Motel California.

Also this is in the very near future I was thinking that maybe in 3b Allison and Anna's relationship could go through some changes what would you think of that?

For fans of Battle Scars I will be updating hopfully tomorrow but no promises.

So what was your favorite part of this chapter?

All for now

Comment, Vote, Follow :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 399 65
Lucy Moore and her brother move back to their hometown, Beacon Hills. This town holds secrets waiting to be uncovered, and when they do, what will ha...
1.3M 37K 125
**COMPLETED*** Coming back to Beacon Hills with her brother, Blake Hale obviously knew they came back for a reason. But she wasn't exactly prepared t...
224 13 3
'This is me praying that This was the very first page Not where the story line ends My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again These are...
14.8K 457 12
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...