I'm back | βœ“

By sydneyrgriffin

When Annalise Stark's mother died, her music went with her. Now, she's the new girl all over again. Except sh... More

00 | casting !!
01 | I'm back ..
02 | last first day !
I'm back - 03 | the party from hell
I'm back - 04 | funland
I'm back - 05 | summer & horror do mix
I'm back - 06 | thick as thieves
I'm back - 07 | meeting meredith
I'm back - 08 | red flag no.1
I'm back - 09 | drinking our problems
I'm back - 10 | comfort zones
I'm back - 11 | the waiting game
I'm back - 12 | a girl's day
I'm back - 13 | faux family dinner
I'm back - 14 | the cheer up committee
I'm back - 15 | a mandatory rager
I'm back - 16 | wicked hangover
I'm back - 17 | frostbite
I'm back - 18 | new girl in town
I'm back - 20 | special timez
I'm back - 21 | the hard holiday
I'm back - 22 | evil stepsister
I'm back - 23 | singing in the shower
I'm back - 24 | the rehearsal
I'm back - 25 | final engagement
I'm back - 26 | disaster child
I'm back - 27 | apples & undereye bags
I'm back - 28 | I love you
I'm back - 29 | attitude
I'm back - 30 | high stakes
I'm back - 31 | last day of school :)
I'm back - 32 | a guy's day
I'm back - 33 | new york, new york
I'm back - 34 | fangirling
I'm back - 35 | karaoke queen
I'm back - 36 | record & relish
I'm back - 37 | tourist traps
I'm back - 38 | the looong day
I'm back - 39 | home sweet home
I'm back - 40 | the end !!

I'm back - 19 | corruption

167 6 0
By sydneyrgriffin

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚝𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚕 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

Summer sounded hesitant on the phone, "Seriously Annalise, a party? It's Tuesday!"

Summer was the girl that Daphne and I befriended last Sunday. I found out that she would be attending Cheshire high and made it my mission to make her feel welcome- something I didn't feel much of on my first day.

I set my phone down on my bed and hit the speaker button, "Yes! I've heard it's going to be huge, and you'll meet a lot of Cheshire kids there." I spoke into the phone convincingly.

I knew that she was very worried about that. So far Daphne and I and the guys are the only people she had met so far, the kids at school aren't always the nicest.

"I don't know Lise, I'm the new girl and I've never even been to a party before. I just don't think it's a good idea."

I sighed, "We don't have to go if you don't want to, but, there's never going to be the perfect time to start something new. And I think this party is the perfect way for you to meet people." I reasoned.

She paused and it was silent before she groaned, "Alright, fine. I'll do it."

"Yes!" I pumped the air, I would make sure that this wasn't a decision she regretted. "Daph and I will pick you up at eight, and then we'll head over." She muttered a quick okay and we hung up.

This party was going to be a girls-only hangout, I didn't even tell the guys about it. Usually Ryan was on top of this kind of thing, but none of them had mentioned it in the past few days.

I glanced at the clock and it said seven as I flopped on my bed and texted Daphne, "Code pink, the covert mission of girls night is a go!"

It wasn't a minute later that I got a response, "Fuck yeah! Let's do this," Daphne retorted.

I had the sudden urge to roll my eyes at her response, "I know. Party starts at seven, I'll pick you and Summer up at eight. Who's DD?"

I set my phone back down on my bed as I got up and started towards my closet. I hadn't picked an outfit for tonight as I wasn't sure if Summer wanted to go or not.

I heard a ding, but I ignored it.

Then there was another one, and then another.

Begrudgingly, I went back over to my phone to see three different messages from Daphne. First, "Not me!" Then, "Absolutely not, Annalise!" And finally, "Fine, I will do it. But only because who knows what Summer is going to do at her first party."

I chuckled as I tossed my phone back on my bed, I guess I would leave my car at Daphne's. Hopefully we could crash at her house tonight.

I returned to my closet, pulling down a transparent dress adorned with gold hearts, very cute. I wore a white singlet under it and paired it with a pair of white Dr. Martens and some gold jewelry.

I decided to just leave my hair the way it was, board straight. I brushed through it, displaying the golden tensile that Summer had done for me yesterday.

I was very ready for summer time.

I checked myself out in the mirror and nodded in approval. When I glanced at my alarm clock, it read seven fifty, so I grabbed my phone and my keys and headed downstairs.

As I walked I bumped into Aiden, who gave me a strange look. "Where are you going?" He eyed me up and down.

I shrugged, "Daphne's." It was honestly becoming a tradition that when we had a girl time we'd very vague with anyone who asked where we were going.

Girls time is cherished time, and the first rule of girl time is that you don't talk about girl time.

I didn't leave him much time to say anything as I waltzed out the door to my car.

The drive to Summer's was short and silent. I managed to play a bit and sing the other day, but other than that, the only other time I can sing is when I'm heavily intoxicated- I still get anxious.

I honked my horn a single time and a moment later Summer slowly came out. She was wearing a pair of neon yellow overalls that were very ripped up and distressed, with a white tube top underneath.

"That's cute," I pointed to her outfit. For someone who had never been to a party before, she sure knew how to dress for one.

She gave me a small smile, thanking me. Then we drove to Daphne's in silence once again.

Once we arrive I honk the horn just like I did at Summer's and I see Daphne sprint out. I turned my car off and Summer and I climbed out.

"Are you bitches ready for this?" Daphne screamed as she unlocked Bolt. I rolled my eyes climbing into the passenger seat, Summer in the back.

I nod, but Summer shrugs. "Not really."

I send her a reassuring smile, "You're going to love it," I promised, though I hoped I would be able to keep it.

We chatted softly about the event on the way and a ten minutes later we pulled up to Avery Collin's house- another one of Cheshire High's resident partiers. "Alright, we've got this..." Summer trails off.

Both Daphne and I turned to look at Summer, "Before we go in, we need to talk about Safety and Rules." Daphne said making Summer roll her eyes- again, never having been to a party-but she listened intently. "If it's a two-story, never go upstairs without one of us. Don't go anywhere alone unless you're around a lot of people, and if you have to go to the bathroom just come find one of us."

She nodded and I could see the nerves evident on her face as she realized why we had rules and safety stuff. Especially when it's just us girls. When the guys are with us that's more people and we're usually all near each other, but when it's just us we always have to be much more careful.

"Let's go in," Daphne turns off the car.

We climb out of the car and Summer still looked nervous as hell so I link my arm through hers, and Daphne does the same.

As Daphne knocked on the door I felt my phone vibrate, and I checked it to see a message from my brother. "Are you going to tell me where you really are? Dad's looking for you." He texted.

I felt my face pale a little bit before I wrote back, "Wait Aiden, please tell me you're kidding." The door to the house opened and Avery appeared in front of us.

I waved slightly at her and she acknowledged us, Avery is in my english class.

Once inside the house I looked down at my phone again. Aiden had sent back a laughing emoji. I grumbled and wrote back, "Narnia." I put my phone away and relinked my arms, "Okay, now let's do it." I said, earning me a chuckle from Daphne.

We walked further into the house and the closer I got to the middle, the more the walls seemed to vibrate with the loud music.

For a Tuesday night it was pretty wild, most of the people here I recognized as fellow juniors and some seniors from Cheshire. I guess we all have Summeritis pretty bad to be here on a school night. "I am getting a drink, Daphne is the designated driver," I grabbed Summer's arm, dragging her with me.

She yelped in surprise, "What is all this?"

I gave her a confused look, "It's alcohol, have you never drank before?" I asked and she nodded her head. I probably should have known, "I have some serious corrupting to do." I muttered under my breath as I poured her some coke and added malibu to it.

She took the cup from me and nervously took a sip, "Coke?"

I nodded, "But add a little spice." I giggled as I grabbed my own drink, only malibu. I knew it was a school night but that was not going to stop me from drinking to my heart's content.

And, if I wanted any shot at getting better with my whole situation, I would have to master intoxicated singing so that I might master it sober.

Now that we both had drinks I led Summer out of the kitchen and into the living room where people were dancing, chatting, and they even had karaoke set up. She elbowed me, "We should do it, Annalise!"

I felt my lips twinge into a smile, "You go ahead, I'm not drunk enough for that yet."

She didn't go, she stuck close to me. I scanned the room until my eyes landed on Daphne who was talking to a girl I recognized as Rachel from school. I walked us over there and sat next to them with Summer hot on my tail.

"Hey, Rachel, this is Summer, she's new!" I introduced them over the music. Rachel waved as Summer loudly said hello.

We all started chatting about this and that, and I was definitely starting to feel tipsy after I'd finished my drink. I could tell that Summer was as well, "I want another." I nodded and stood up to take her back to the kitchen.

I needed another one, too.

When we got into the kitchen as I saw a boy from my math class beer bonging. I tapped him on the shoulder and he looked over at me, "Can you please pass me the malibu and coke?" He nodded and did, "Thanks, Brett."

I placed them on an empty spot on the island as I started to make Summer's drink. When I finished I handed it to her, before pouring my own. "Thanks, Lise." She was definitely drunk, and I was very much on my way as well.

We stumble back over to Rachel and Daphne as we drink our drinks. After a little while, I'd downed my drink and I was very drunk. "Who wants to go next?" I looked up to see a guy from the football team holding a microphone, I think his name was Caleb?

This was my chance.

I stood up and jumped up and down, "Me!" He smirked and held his hand out helping me up onto the makeshift stage.

"What're you going to sing, babe?" Babe? I scrunched my nose at the pet name.

Just to piss him off I smirked and said, "Friends by Marshmello and Anne-Marie."

He nodded, not catching my subtle no, and headed back to the karaoke machine. I heard the song start to play and I stood in front of the microphone, "Everybody shut up, I'm singing."

Surprisingly they all listened, "You got this, Annalise!" Summer yelled, and I waved her off.

I took a deep breath, even drunk off my ass I was nervous. "𝑶𝒐𝒉 𝒐𝒐𝒉, 𝒐𝒐𝒉 𝒐𝒐𝒉. 𝑶𝒐𝒉 𝒐𝒐𝒉, 𝒐𝒐𝒉 𝒐𝒐𝒉. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆, 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔," I paused and looked around to see people bopping to the beat, "𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓, 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒏, 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉."

"𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒖𝒑, 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕. 𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒊𝒕. 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚, 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒈𝒐 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏!" I continued singing until the chorus, my favorite part came and I belted it, "𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏'𝒕 𝑰 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒃𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔? 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏'𝒕 𝑰 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓? 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖? 𝑭-𝑹-𝑰-𝑬-𝑵-𝑫-𝑺. 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒆? 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆?"

I continued singing until the song ended and I dropped the mic like a rapper, when I looked up everyone was cheering and jumping up and down. I walked back over to my friends and all three of them were looking at me weirdly, "How is it that you're the drunkest I've ever seen you, yet you just sang the song flawlessly?" Daphne asked with a raised brow.

I shrugged, "I guess I'm just that awesome."

𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚋𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 !! 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎!

𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚝𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢?? 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖. 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍. 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝 :)

𝚡𝚘𝚡𝚘 𝚜𝚢𝚍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

722 54 33
"I'm just asking you to please not do anything I wouldn't do at college. Just be safe." - Those final words that Evelyn spoke to Lillian right before...
8.6K 1K 41
LaNyiah 20 about to be 21 aka Nae, Just wanted her life back to normal. Well it was never normal once she hit her freshman year of college. Major pie...
15.9K 533 10
𝘈 π˜—π˜Άπ˜΄π˜΄ π˜ͺ𝘯 π˜‰π˜°π˜°π˜΅π˜΄: π˜›π˜©π˜¦ π˜“π˜’π˜΄π˜΅ 𝘞π˜ͺ𝘴𝘩 𝘧𝘒𝘯𝘧π˜ͺ𝘀𝘡π˜ͺ𝘰𝘯 [Completed] ➝ You, aka [Name], were the daughter of one of the twelve danc...
25.5K 670 54
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...