Living Together?! | Mark Lee

By hardjunguwu

[ENDING CHANGED/UPDATED] "You're the only girl who doesn't fall to my feet and it's driving me crazy." NCT Ma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53 (END)

Chapter 52

11.6K 349 188
By hardjunguwu

"What are you doing?" You question as soon as you walk into your room, witnessing your mother sitting on your bed as she folds up your clothes neatly before stuffing them into a big suitcase. 

She smiles at your presence, putting more of your belongings in the small pockets of the suitcase. "What does it looks like I'm doing?"

You close the door behind you before leaning against it. "Okay, but why are you doing it?"

"I've been telling you to pack for weeks."

You sigh. "We don't leave until like a few months, so there's no point."

Your mother hisses to herself. "About that..." She mutters, staring down at the stack of clothes to prevent making eye contact with you. "We have a few days left."

"I haven't even told Mark I was leaving yet and now we have only a few days?"

She shrugs, her finger tapping her knees nervously. "Well, the company found an opening for me, so..." You sigh in disbelief, panic rushes into your veins because now the time limit has been shortened. Your mother gets up from the bed and cups your cheeks in her hand in hopes to calm you down. "I'm sure he'll understand, but for now finish packing." She says, clapping her hands against your face then leaving the room.

She's never been good when it comes to comforting you. Now that you think about it, you're the one who's comforted her ever since you were little due to the fact she had to raise you on her own as a single mom which you always admired about her. Though you hope she was right. You've been lying to him for a while now, you wouldn't know how he would take it.

Gawking at the suitcase on the bed, you realize time has passed too fast. It felt like it was last week when you unpacked and first moved in. You didn't think you'd leave so soon.

💐💐💐💐💐

Earlier you went next door to tell Jisung the heartbreaking news. It hurts to say he didn't take it well. He broke down in tears and had a complete meltdown. His parents had to remove him from your leg since he refused to let you leave him. Seeing him like that hurt you as well, so you promised him when you could you would visit him as soon as possible.

Mark and Miss Lee weren't home which bought you time to think about how you were going to tell him. You mindlessly stare at the floor and the suitcase, knowing your mother would probably throw a hissy fit or say something like "it won't pack itself."

You throw yourself back against the bed, glancing up at the ceiling. You've lost motivation to do anything else and you feel like you're overthinking things a little too much.

There's a knock on your door and you don't bother to respond since they were going to come inside anyway. "I'm home," Your boyfriend announces before laying on top of you. "And I'm tired." Your hands instinctively travel up to play uneasily with his hair. 

"Mark, we need to talk."

He lets out a groggy exhale, snuggling into your stomach and pinching at your love handles. "Let's talk after my nap."

You sigh and sit up, causing his head to fall to your lap. He groans and looks up at you. "What the fuck?"

"I wanna talk now."

Mark looks at your expression, he could tell that you were serious and that something was bothering you. He sits up from your lap and faces you. That's when Mark realized his surroundings. The big suitcases at the edge of the bed filled with your belongings. He must have not seen them earlier due to his fatigue. A little confused, he rubs his eye, head cocking to the side a bit as he looks over at you. "What's going on, Y/N?"

Biting the corner of your lip anxiously, you decide to tell him blatantly in hopes there are no interruptions or you try to stall like the other times. "I'm leaving, Mark."

He stares straight into your eyes for a hot second. You feel as if your blood pressure skyrocketed with the looks he was giving you, but all of that was pacified when he suddenly leaned back against his elbows and throws his head back with a chuckle. "That's funny, but really what's going on?"

That annoyed you a little, making you take one of your folded clothes from the suitcase and throwing it at his face then straight rolling out of your bed. Mark stood there stunned for a second before removing it from his face. 

"I'm serious. I am leaving." You state.

"You're joking," He chuckles half-heartedly, but stops when he sees your reaction. "You're not joking..."

The atmosphere created in the room gave you chills and made you stand awkwardly on your feet. "I've been wanting to tell you for a while," You laugh nervously. "Well, since the past month."

Mark glances down at his lap, picking the imaginary lint from his pants. "When do you leave?"

"A few days." You mutter. 

His attention snaps at you quickly which kind of threw you off guard. "A few days? And you're just now telling me?"

"Surprise?" You titter, holding your hands still when you notice that they start trembling. It's been a while since you've felt so under pressure and if you don't calm down it might result in an anxiety attack. 

"So, you've been lying to me?" He suddenly stands up, arms folded across his chest as he focuses on you.

"Well...yeah, kind of. I'm sorry. " You exhale to catch your breath, mocking his actions by crossing your arms as well. "Are you mad at me?"

"I mean, yeah, a little. You've been lying to me for the past month."

"Okay, I did, I admit that but I had a reason and it was kinda hard to tell you," Your voice shakes a bit. "Especially when we kept getting interrupted. I was also nervous about how you were gonna take it."

"How do you think I'm taking it, Y/N?" The sudden rise in his tone surprised you since he's never risen his voice at you like that before. You weren't here for the sudden attitude he was displaying.

"Excuse me?" You scoff.

He scratches the back of his head. "Honesty is the foundation for trust in a relationship, Y/N. How do you expe-"

"First of all, I feel like you're taking this a little too far." You cut him off. "Second of all, I know you're not talking about honesty to me."

"I've never lied to you, Y/N."

"So, the fact you slept with my friend doesn't ring a bell?"

Mark went quiet, his hands stuffed into his pockets while all his movements were frozen. His mouth opens to say something, but no words come out. You nod, knowing that you hit a nerve that caused him to react like this.

"Yeah, Yeri told me." You add on. "I even asked you if anything went on between you and her and you said no." 

"What happened between her and I was in the past."

"Right, but you still lied to me. Where's the honesty in that, Mark?" You question. "Were you ever gonna tell me?"

The room grew quiet, nothing could be heard but the sound of the air conditioning and your sniffles to try and hold your emotions back. You didn't think your confession would lead to whatever this is and you don't know how this relationship will go after this heated conversation. Things have definitely changed between the two of you now. 

Mark stared down at the floor, not wanting to see the emotions he created. "So, what's going to happen to us when you leave?"

Your voice cracks. "I don't know, Mark."

"Right." He says, sparing you one last look.  He zooms right past your mother who was coming inside your room already. They happened to make eye contact when passing each other which made your mother knew something went down.

She walks into your confused as hell, seeing you stand there in front of her fretfully. As she approaches you, you couldn't help but leap into her arms and cry into her shoulder. She didn't hesitate to embrace you as well in hopes to soothe you. "What does this mean?" She murmurs to herself.

You don't know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 2.4K 25
❝Who were you?❞ ©DONGHYUQUE , 2019
63.4K 2.3K 17
"You should probably close the blinds while you're changing." 7 Degrees Collection • 2019
284K 12K 81
❝miss those days when you were always right beside me.❞
84.1K 3.9K 30
190518 MARKHYUCK "what a change." © 2018 D0NGHYCK