BirdFlash Oneshots

By 284zunblo

Just a bunch of BirdFlash Oneshots by someone who really shouldn't be writing more fanfiction lol ✨GAY✨ Hope... More

Author's Note/request page (closed)
If I Die Young
Jeez I'm tired
Estoy Enamorado 💙❤️
Scars
May I have this dance?
Afternoon Tea
Oops

Hold my hand?

2.5K 52 21
By 284zunblo

Robin's POV

Artemis tunes up her arrows while Wally annoys her and Conner is watches static when M'gann quickly flies into the room excitedly. "Guys! What if we have a slumber party?!"

This grabbed Wally's attention for two reasons. 1) Wally lovers slumber parties and sleepover. 2) He knows I have terrible night terrors. "That sounds like a awesome idea!" He says. Artemis groans and Conner shrugs. It is a Friday so me, Wally, and Artemis don't have school. The only problem is my night terrors, I guess it will just be another sleepless night for me.

"We could bond as a team! This would be great for us!" M'gann exclaims.

"What about Kaldur? If this is team bonding, shouldn't he be here?" Artemis says, interrupting M'gann and Wally's talking about what we could do. She probably doesn't want to do this but Wally and M'gann seem excited about this idea, I don't want to get their hopes down. Even if I don't especially like the idea myself.

"Kaldur is busy in Atlanta and will be for the next two days. We shouldn't interrupt him for some team bonding." I say, Wally looks over and smiles, silently thanking me. "If anything, we could have another slumber party when he gets back!" M'gann says, Artemis sighs exasperated. I didn't really agree to this thing but it might be fun. Plus Wally would have convinced me anyways.

After an hour of talking they finally decide that we should go our stuff from home and then come back here for a slumber party in the mountain. Me, Wally, and Artemis all walked to the zetatubes while M'gann and Conner go to set everything up.

"Artemis, you go through first." Wally smiles and shoes her away. He probably wants to talk to me about this. Artemis rolls her eyes and leaves then Wally turns to me. "Will you be ok?"

I nod. "I'll be fine Wally, don't worry about it. I just won't sleep." I say and go to walk through the zetatubes but he grabs my wrist. 

"Dick you haven't slept at all this past week. I've seen your eye bags and I know how often you go on patrol with Batman." 

I glare at him for using my real name at the mountain. "I'll be fine Wally. I'll maybe sleep tomorrow."

"You better. If you don't then I'm coming over and forcing you to sleep as much as you can." I nod and he lets go of me and we go to our respective homes to change into civilian clothes and grab our stuff for the night.

I get to the batcave and head to my room. I pack a duffel bag with my stuff. Before I could zeta back Bruce and Alfred stopped me. "Where are you going with a duffle bag?" Bruce asks.

"The team decided they wanted to have a slumber party." 

Bruce raises an eyebrow at this. "Why?" 

"Because M'gann probably saw it on her show and she says it would be good team bonding. So we're having a slumber party now." I shrug.

Alfred smiles. "I think this will be good for master Dick, don't you think so master Bruce?"

 Bruce hesitates but nods. He also knows about my night terror's. "Yes, this will be good for you. Be careful not to reveal your identity." 

I nod again. "I won't."

Bruce smiles and pats my shoulder. "Good, now go have some fun." I smile and nod, putting my sunglasses on. 

"I will, see you tomorrow." I then zeta back to the mountain.

When I zeta in I see M'gann making burnt cookies, Conner is attempting to help her bake, and Wally making a pillow and blanket fort on the couch. I set my bag down behind the couch and help Wally with the fort. A few minutes later Artemis zeta's in and soon enough we get this slumber party started.

Since it was M'gann's idea she of course is leading the party and of course she wants to play truth or dare because it probably happened in her show. We all get in a circle in the fort and start the game. The first few dares and truths were quite boring to say the least but then M'gann said something exciting.

"Wally, I dare you to Uhm..kiss Artemis!" M'gann smiles, Artemis looks disgusted, and Wally is shocked. I'm not surprised, I cackle a little actually. M'gann probably thinks Wally likes Artemis since he flirts with her a lot but he really just does that for the fun of her reactions.

Wally sighs and crawls over to Artemis, giving her a peck on the cheek. M'gann squeals at this, Artemis gets flustered but looks like she's going to kill Wally, and Wally is now hiding behind me so Artemis doesn't kill him. I laugh, it's funny seeing Wally like this.

"Robin, truth or dare?" Wally asks me once both me and Artemis calm down and he sits next to me. 

"Hmm, truth." I say, not wanting one of Wally's dares. 

"Do you have a crush on anyone?" Where is this coming from? Is it really that obvious? I thought I was doing pretty good at hiding it, I guess now. I can't get anything past Wally, can I?

I straighten my posture and look Wally in the eye. "Dare." 

"I dare you to tell me if you have a crush on anyone." The air is tense, I'm not going to get out of this am I? I nod. 

"I do." M'gann squeals but then gets a contemplative look on her face. Artemis looks shocked, again. Conner just stares blankly, he probably doesn't understand what a crush is. Wally doesn't seem surprised, if anything he seems happy. Maybe it's because he thinks I would actually hang around with more people, maybe even a person my age.

"But it's nothing to worry about. It's just some silly teenage crush that will probably go away in a few weeks. This won't get in the way of any missions." I say quickly. I know this crush wont't go away in a few weeks, I know it won't. But the team doesn't need to worry if this crush of mine will get in the way of our missions.

Wally nods but his expression changes to one that is more solemn. I clear my throat and continue the game, looking at Conner since he hasn't really gotten asked anything yet. "Conner, truth or dare?"

"Truth." I think for a moment. "How do you really feel about M'gann?" I say, making everyone's attention turn to Conner instead of me and my crush.

"She's a good friend." He says with that same blank stare. I smirk. "That's not what I mean Conner. Do you like her? As in, do you love her?" I might be going a little far but these two need it. They obviously both like each other very much. Conner's cheeks turn a strawberry color and he looks off to the side, most definitely embarrassed. He nods the slightest bit and M'gann's face turns red.

The game continued on until it got boring. Wally continued to try and convince me to tell him who my crush was but I wasn't going to let up that easy. He will never know who it is. Artemis also tried to get me to reveal my identity to them but that was also a definite no.

After the game ended we decided to watch a movie. We got a bunch of snacks and set out our stuff in case we fall asleep. I don't even want to but I have to keep up appearances. I sit on the end of the couch, Wally lays on the ground, Conner and M'gann sit in the fort, and Artemis sits on the other end of the couch.

We watch a few different movies but everyone seems to be wide away, I wonder how. I feel so sleepy. I don't even know it but I fell asleep. I knew I fell asleep because the familiar night terrors of the night my parents died came and showed it's unholy face.

I screamed like I did that night, I tried to reach out and grab them before they could hit the ground but I was too late. My parents are dead and they're never coming back. I couldn't stop the tears, I can never stop the tears. It's just...It's to much, I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over what happened that day...

I feel someone shaking me, yelling the nickname mom gave me. Robin, I was always her little Robin, I flew high and I'm small. It seems like the perfect fit for me.

"Richard!" I jolt awake at hearing my name. My real name. The name that Batman doesn't use unless I'm in huge trouble. I can feel my checks are wet, my throat also hurts. I look up to see Wally is standing over me with a worried expression, he's holding my shoulders. I look past him and see the rest of the team is staring at him.

"Did..Did you really just use my real name Wally?" I ask softly, the tears still flowing. I can't stop them. I'm shaking, I'm doing my best to stay calm and not break down in front of the team but it's really hard to.

"I did. You weren't snapping out of it. You were screaming bloody murder-" Wally cuts himself off. I glare at him but it doesn't work. Instead of talking, he brings him close and hugs me tightly. I shakily wrap my arms around him and hug him back, gripping onto the back of his shirt.

"...you better not leave me. You're not aloud to die on me anytime soon." I say. 

Wally chuckles. "Don't worry Dickie, I won't." We hug for what seems like forever before Wally pulls away and sits next to me.

He grabs my hand and holds it tightly. "This should help, you should go back to sleep now." I nod and lay my head on Wally's shoulder. A few minutes later a feel him shift so my head is laying on his chest. I falls asleep to his heart beat. It would be nice to do this more often...

Wally's POV

I pull Dick so his head is laying on my chest. He doesn't know it but we've done this many times before, where he lays on me and sleeps. I stayed over at the manor before I did this one time when I didn't know he has night terrors, and this has worked ever since.

I turn back to the movie but glance at the other three first. M'gann is staring at us, Conner is watching the movie, and Artemis looks, I'm not sure, but it looks like a mix of every emotion there is and that's not good.

"So, Robin's real name is Richard?" Artemis finally says after a few excruciating minutes of awkward silence. 

"Yeah...don't tell him or Batman you know though! Batman would for sure be mad at Robin and I don't want him to get in trouble." 

Artemis nods. "Right.."

"Does Robin get night terrors often?" M'gann asks. I nod. 

"Yeah, he doesn't get much sleep cause of it plus his potrol's with Batman. I honestly don't know how he's still going after this long with barley any sleep." I say, M'gann asks another question.

 "Why are you holding him like that?"

"It's the only way for him to sleep peacefully that I know of. I don't know how it helps but it does." They both nod and M'gann turns back to the tv. Artemis is still staring at me though.

"One last question." She says. I sigh and look over at her. "Do you like him?" 

"What?!" I'm surprised to say the least. I would have never thought Artemis of all people would ask me that question. My face heats up but at the same time, Dick snuggles closer. I grab a blanket and put it around him to help keep him warm.

"I mean...he's a really good friend and we've never really fought before..." I say trying to avoid the question. 

"You're avoiding the question Wally." Artemis says, geez she's too smart. I sigh, I might as well get the humiliating part of with.

"Yeah, I do. I have for awhile now. But I can't tell him, it would ruin the team's dynamic plus I doubt Batman would ever approve of it." I say while staring down at the cute little Dickie bird on my chest. How can he be so sad and adorable one moment then look like cute boyfriend material the next?

"Tell him." I hear Artemis say, my eyes widen at that. 

"What?! Didnt you hear what I just said-" Artemis cuts me off.

 "Tell him anyways. You'll probably end up hurting the team more if you don't tell him. So just do it." 

I hesitated but nod. "Alright. I'll tell him." Hopefully nothing goes wrong when I try to tell him.

Soon enough, everyone's asleep.

Man, this was one interesting slumber party.

Just to let you all know it's been quite some time since I've watched Young Justice so a few things may be off and I'm very sorry about that. I'm going off of memory. I really wish I could watch it again but I don't know where to find it for free (seeing as I'm broke lol)

Also I'm sorry for not including Kaldur in this story. I totally forgot about him until I was finished with half of the story and I didn't want to go back and edit it all. I will try to include him in the next one. I am very sorry about that.

if you would like to comment please do. If there are any mistakes please tell me. Thank you so much for reading and have a great day/night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 151 5
(COVER ART BY ME) (This is a Avatar The Last Air-bender Zukka fan fiction) Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation attacks the Southern Water Tribe village lo...
53.3K 948 45
I'm not very good at descriptions, so I'm sorry. This is a story about Nico Di Angelo and Will Solace. I noticed that I don't see a lot of Nico being...
14.7K 906 35
(COMPLETED) "I don't need anyone. I don't wanna get hurt again. Just leave me alone." "I'm here for you my star." Jeff is the broken angel. Has no wa...
11.1K 197 16
This FanFic talks about Sheonard. (Sheldon x Leonard) This work might not be suitable for everyone. Last chapter coming soon! <3