The Order and The Ravenclaw (...

By tooldtobehere

(Lyra Stone Book Two) After everything that happened last year, Lyra knew that evil was waiting just over the... More

Summer Break
Authors Note
The Visitors
The Betrayal
Grimmauld Place
The Attack
The Letter
The Interrogation
The Hallway.
The Nightmare
A Morning with the Weasleys
The Healer and the Jokers
News of Harry
The Snack Boxes
Harrys Arrival
The Order of the Phenoix
The Hearing, The letters, and the Trip
Diagon Alley
A Vacant Storefront
The Party
The Scare
To Hogwarts We Go
The Beginning of a New Year
First Day of Classes
The Boyfriend and The Friend
a Meeting with Dumbledore
a Lover's Secrets
a Bit of Courage
Getting to know the enemy
Trading of Facts and Gossip
Tryouts
Worry and Woes
Slytherins and Ravenclaws
The Letters and The Lessons
Hermione's Dangerous Ideas
Intercepted messages
Zonkos
The Hogs Head
The forbidden forest
The Trouble With Fudge
Dumbledore's Army
Gryffindor vs Slytherin
Detention
Something up with Lyra
Big Plans for Christmas
The Stranger
The Knight Bus
Christmas Morning
Saint Mongos
Christmas Night
Lyra's Muggle Life
The confusing life of Lyra Stone
The Weasleys vs the muggle world
After The Fight
Early Birthday Morning
a Birthday with the Weasleys
A Sick Lyra Stone
January at Hogwarts
The date and The Fight
The Talk
Dreams and Changes
A Very Dangerous Birthday
Gryffindor!
Patronus
Phase one
A Rude Awakening
Phase Two
One Last Night with the Boys
Goodbye
Everybody wants to be a Weasley
A turn for the worse
The Visitor
The Visitor 18+
The Visitor After
The Morning After
Trouble
The Ministry of Magic
A fight for life
I must not lose control
Awakening
Starting Again
Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes
Someone elses nightmare
The Gift 18+
The Gift
Alastor and Stone
Home
Platform Nine and Three Quarters
End of Book Two

The Magazine

1.5K 56 4
By tooldtobehere

The days that followed Lyra's and George's talk were good ones. Fred and Lee both seemed relieved that the two were back to normal, and the group talked openly about the plan moving forward.

So it made Lyra quite curious when she arrived at the Gryffindor table Monday morning for breakfast and there was a certain buzz in the air. Had the plan changed?

She crept up behind her group of friends, not quite sitting. George stiffened, and turned. As if sensing her on the spot. Damn him.

"Morning Love, want some breakfast?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "What are you up to Weasley? There's trouble in the air."

He grinned and held up what looked like a letter. "Maybe, but not mine."

She slid into the seat next to him and noticed everyone was opening letters. "What do you mean not yours?"

"Harry's trouble I suppose," Fred added tearing open a letter himself. "Wrote to the quibbler about You Know Who and what happened last year."

"Now he's got a bunch of letters coming in from people all over." George added before leaning in and whispering, "afraid most people think he's a nutter though."

Lyra leaned over the table and grabbed one of the magazine's reading heading. "You can't be serious..." She looked at Harry a bit shocked, "Harry you were okay with this?"

"Had to be hadn't he? Couldn't very well have interviewed him if he hadn't been."

"It was my idea," Hermione said, "A chance for him to tell hid side of the story."

Lyra narrowed her eyes, "You blackmailed that tabloid writer didn't you?"

Hermione went very pink and averted her eyes. "Here's another one you've convinced, Harry!" she said in a cheery tone completely avoiding Lyra's question.

"Blackmail?" George asked quietly "what are you going on about?"

She waved him away, "I'll tell you about it later."

"What is going on here?" came a chilling voice to Lyra's left, she turned to see Umbridge standing behind Fred and Luna. Her eyes locked on Harry, "Why have you got all these letters, Mr. Potter?"

"Is that a crime now?" Fred sneered, "Getting mail?"

If Luna hadn't been between the two, she would have hit him. Instead, Lyra settled for sending him a warning look, which he promptly ignored.

"Be careful, Mr. Weasley, or I shall have to put you in detention," she said calmly. "Well, Mr. Potter?"

Harry stared at her for a moment in almost shock, it was clear he hadn't thought about what would happen when she found out. "People have written to me because I gave an interview," he said finally. "About what happened to me last June."

"An interview?" she asked, her calm demeanor starting to slip. "What do you mean?"

"I mean a reporter asked me questions and I answered them," Harry snatched the magazine from in front of Lyra and tossed it at the professor. "Here -"

She caught it and in an instant, her mood shifted, Lyra leaned away and George wrapped a comforting arm around her.

"When did you do this?"

"Last Hogsmeade weekend,"

Her anger only grew. "There will be no more Hogsmeade trips for you, Mr. Potter, How you dare . . . how you could . . ." She took a deep breath. "I have tried again and again to teach you not to tell lies. The message, apparently, has still not sunk in. Fifty points from Gryffindor and another week's worth of detentions."

She turned quickly and walked away, the magazine still clutched to her chest. Lyra exhaled a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. George rubbed her back comfortingly

"Well, that's one way to start our day." He joked and she nodded in agreement.

"Think she'll ban the magazine?" Fred asked tearing open another letter.

"Only if she's stupid" Lyra sighed.

"Suppose we can count on it then."

By after lunch, their theory had proved to be true, and everyone and their mother had read the interview. To the twin's delight, and Lyra's fears, Umbridge was on a rampage about it. Frisking students in the halls and handing out detentions left and right. It wasn't any use though, simply put Umbridge was no match for the average Hogwarts Students, nevermind the gifted and up to no good ones.

"Have you read it yet?" Neville asked in a rushed tone as they left the library together.

"Of course I did... If I'm honest and don't tell the twins this, it scared me."

"I wouldn't tell them, I don't even talk to them really... And I don't blame you for being scared, if anything that's probably the logical reaction."

"The twins don't ever give you trouble do they?" Lyra asked surprising Neville.

"Them? No, not really." Neville said unconvincingly and upon seeing he hadn't fooled Lyra backtracked, "well, George looks like he'd like to hit me every now and again but beyond that, he's never said or done anything."

"Good," Lyra said relaxing. "If they are ever mean to you, you'll tell me right?"

Neville smiled warmly, "Lyra I don't need you to protect me, you know that right?"

He was kidding of course, but she decided to answer honestly. "Believe it or not Neville I'm quite aware you are a perfectly capable wizard. But if my boyfriend thinks he'll bully others on my behalf he's got another thing coming." He blushed, her belief in him as blunt and true as always.

"Talking bad about me are we?" Came a voice from behind them. They both turned, Neville instantly terrified.

Lyra however smiled, "That depends."

George crossed his arms and smirked his shoulders relaxed. "On?"

"If you've been thinking about hitting my friends while glaring daggers into them."

George looked to Neville and then softened. He ran his hands through his hair nervously, something Neville had never seen him do before. "I may have let my Jealousy get the best of me once or twice..."

"Mmm, I thought as much." She walked up to him standing on her tippy toes and kissed his cheek. Both boys blushed and looked away from each other. "Your lucky your so cute Weasley." She said so only he could hear before turning and walking away from the two.

"Where are you going?" George yelled after her.

She simply waved her hand in the air to say goodbye and went on her way. George turned to Neville, who involuntarily took a step away from him.

"I am glad your Lyra's friend... Even if I don't always act like it." George said not looking at Neville.

"W-what?" Neville asked, almost tripping over his own two feet.

George rolled his eyes and ran his hands through his hair again, this clearly wasn't easy for him. "What I'm trying to say is I'm sorry if I've been a bit harsh towards you... I've been told I can be a bit much at times."

"Oh, it's okay really." Neville smiled, "I know it's just because you really care about her..."

"Yeah..." George said Lamely before an awkward silence fell between them. "Welp, I ah- better get going. See you around Longbottom.

"Yeah, see ya..."

Lyra walked quickly down the halls and into the deep depths of the castle. Hoping she would be able to catch Professor Snape in his office before he headed off to dinner. She had this week's essay and homework for potions done and in hand. She made sure that she gave the work her full attention, and took extra care that it was up to the professor's standards. Hoping the work would please him before she took the plunge and asked him for a favor. 

She was in luck, as he was just leaving his classroom as she turned down the hall.

"Mrs. Stone, your work for the week I presume?" 

She held out the papers. "Yes Sir."

" You can leave it on my desk in the classroom." He said and began to walk by her. 

"Actually Professor, I was wondering if I could have a minute of your time."   

"Very well Stone." he said annoyed, "But do make it quick."

She looked down both ways of the corridor, it wasn't an ideal location to talk but it would have to do. "I was wondering if there was any chance I could persuade you to consider restarting our old extra potion lessons."  

He began to walk down the hall again, she kept pace with him. "As you are already aware Mrs. Stone, I'm not able to teach you anymore due to Potter needing remedial lessons."

"I know, sir, but I was thinking-"

"Were you?" He muttered.

Lyra ignored him and took the plunge, stepping into his pathway and causing him to stop abruptly. "I know you're a very busy man-"

"Clearly you do not or you wouldn't insist on-" he began, but she was already to far in this to back down now.

"That's why I was thinking I could do some grunt work for you. Clean the potions room, do inventory, and keep the supply room stalked, write letters, grade first-year homework if you need me to. Late nights, weekends, whatever you need to free up enough of your time for the lessons." 

Snape stared at her for a moment, his lips pressed in a firm line. "And why should I go through as this trouble for a student who couldn't even apply herself?"

"It's different now," she said firmly, looking him straight in the eyes. Letting him feel the truth of her statement.

"Just because you believe it's different now, doesn't mean it really is." He sneered. 

"I'll work harder." She insisted, "Whatever homework you give me, whatever assignment, I'll do it. Please, Professor."

He stared at her again, more like glared. She stared back, not defiantly, but in a way that showed she was standing her ground. 

"Out of my sight Mrs. Stone, before I give you detention."

She looked down and stepped out of his way. "Yes sir, thank you for your time." 

He quickly walked past her, down the hall, and out of sight. Most students who did not spend much time around Professor Snape would have probably argued, or given up hope. Lyra though, and many of the Slytherin students skilled at potions, knew a bit better. 

It wasn't an outright no, and Lyra could live with that. As long as she didn't pester him, and stayed in his good graces, there was a chance he would consider it. No doubt his price would be high, but she didn't mind paying it. George and Fred were leaving, they were growing stronger and working hard. She needed to do the same. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61 4 8
Secrets are second nature to Vivian. Raised in a tight knit community, who prided family and loyalty above all else, her life has revolved around pre...
165K 4.8K 57
As Millie returns to Hogwarts for her fourth year, will she finally fall for Harry Potter's flirtatious charms, or will another certain someone get i...
3.5K 103 35
When Harry potters twin sister y/n seems to have caught the attention of fred and George Weasley. What happens her life gets flipped and she faces ne...
221K 5.9K 62
Safeiarrah Celeste Phoenix have had a deep liking to her best friend, Fred. She's said nothing about her feelings to him, to anyone at all. He didn't...