The Unification

By ZimBob

The Unification is near and Tessa Lupan is sworn to marry the biggest trouble maker, Reid Stone. Other then t... More

The Unification: Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven Teaser
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Fifteen

3.4K 56 6
By ZimBob

HERE"S CH.15! I HOPE U ENJOY!

Reid's POV:

My hand automatically flew to the shift and I ripped the car into reverse. I slammed onto the gas. The car flew back and Tessa launched forward, “Put on your seatbelt!” I roared at her. Her eyes were wide as she fumbled with the seatbelt. The Seeker was still attached to the car. I twisted the car in a circle and jerked back. The Seeker flew off. I hit the brake and rushed out of the car. I went to Tessa’s side and opened the door, quickly putting it in child lock before she could register it. I slammed the door shut and beeped it locked.

I heard Tessa scream after me but I ignored it. I went up to the Seeker. It crawled upright and leaned against a silver car. I knelt down and grip it’s neck. It wore a black hood and I just wanted to rip it off to expose who it was. What if it wasn’t anyone I knew then I could just kill him or her. My lips thinned. I pulled the hood back and stared at the man Elder that announced that I was the Alpha. I tightened my grip on his neck. He intake a chilled breath.

How was it possible for an Elder to be a Seeker? It just didn’t make any sense. Anyone can be a Seeker then. I pulled out my knife from my boat that I always carried with me. It helps in situations like this. I pressed it against the Seekers throat, breaking skin, “Why? We watched after you assholes, how dare you betray us?”

He whimpered, shaking his head.

“Talk or this knife will say hello to one of your lungs.” I threatened.

“Nothing can change what I’ve done.”

“What you’ve done is going to cost you your life. Who else is involved with the Seekers?” I growled.

He spat out blood and shook his head, “I will not speak a word.”

“I guess you lose your life then,” I dug the knife deep into its throat, not feeling an emotions.

I stood up and someone started pounding their fist into my back. I turned around, my fists about to aim for the person’s face then stopped. It was Tessa. Her eyes were red and wide. Her lips swollen from my kiss earlier. Now that I think about it, I wonder how far we’d have gone if the Seeker hadn’t interrupted us. I wanted to grab her and kiss her again but I held myself back. She went through a lot today and I didn’t want to fuss her judgment.

“Is he dead?” She asked, cheeks scarlet red.

I nodded and started heading back to the car, my hand involuntarily grabbing hold of hers, “Why did you get out of the car?”

“I wanted to see where you went. I don’t appreciate getting locked in a car, jerk.” She sneered, snatching her hand back.

“How’d you get out?” I glanced at her.

She gestured to the car, “There’s no windshield, dude.”

She was right. God, my car looked like crap. I’m glad I killed that stupid Seeker for wrecking my car. I slammed the door shut after me and sighed. I pressed my forehead against the wheel and closed my eyes. I’m going to be in a load a shit when I get home with this. Another thing for my dad to yell at me.

“Are we going to go?” Tess asked, her voice didn’t have a hint of hatred but concern.

I glanced at her, gulping. I stared into her dark brown eyes.

Her cheeks redden and she looked away, “C’mon, start the car. I’m sure my mom is worried sick.”

“We need to discuss everything that happened, Tess.” I stated, starting up the car.

She muttered, “I believe that we do but not now. I need to go home.”

“Please, Tessa.” I hated begging people but I had to beg her. When would be the next time I’ll see her? It’s not like I can just walk into her house. Her dad would probably pull out a gun.

“No, Reid. That kiss that happened was a mistake. Everything was a mistake_”

I nodded, “I know. I know! But I can’t make myself believe that. Do you really have no feelings for me?”

“Yes.” She said too quickly. I didn’t believe her. My hands tightened around the wheel. I wanted to pull over and shake her and force her to tell the truth. I couldn’t force anyone to love me.

The car grew quiet and I sighed.

“Is Cassie’s baby really yours?” Tessa whispered. How could she ask that? Of course it was about the baby. She won’t confess to me because of the baby. Because of Cassie. I understand I made a mistake but I can’t change the past. It was mine. I wanted to rise it as if it was Tessa’s baby. Too bad I’m in love with Tessa instead of Cassie.

“It’s mine.”

“How do you know? Did you see the test?”

“She wouldn’t lie about something like this, Tessa. She doesn’t hate you enough to sink this low.”

“How do you know?” She snarled. I didn’t reply, “Exactly! You don’t know. It could be anyone’s.”

“Yeah and it could be mine. Most likely it is. Face it, Tessa. Not everything is always about you.” Shit. Why did I say that? As much as I wanted to leave Cassie, I couldn’t abandon my child.

“About me? I wasn’t the one who slept around!”

I snapped, “Okay, I slept around before I was with you. Get over it. I apologized a thousand times and you still resent me. What am I supposed to do?”

“I want her to have the baby,” She muttered.

“But didn’t you_”

“But I don’t want it to be yours. I don’t believe in abortion unless it was a rap victim. Obviously, she wasn’t since she spreads her legs out for the whole world to use.”

“And we’re not getting anywhere with this,” I replied.

“That because we’re not supposed to. It’s over between us. The Unification is a week away and you’re going to marry Cassie. End of story.” She retorted.

“Is it bad that I don’t want us to end like this?”

“No but it has to.”

I parked the car in front of her house and before I could say goodbye, she bolted out of the car. I slammed my fist onto the dashboard and frowned. Hitting things wouldn’t bring her back. But God, I wish it would.

***

I stomped into my apartment complex. Dad thought I was old enough to live on my own when I was sixteen so he rented me a condo here. I hurried up the steps and opened my apartment door.

“Finally, you arrive.” I heard my father’s voice. Fuck. I didn’t need to deal with him right now.

“You could have called me,”

“Or you could have stopped bothering that irritating Lupan girl.” He growled. I walked into my living room and saw him lying on my couch. His blood red tie was loose and his suit jacket was unbutton. He had a glass of wine in his hand. He had a scowl on his face.

I frowned, “What do you want?”

He stood up and whooshed his drink around. His expression was cold, “You messed up, Reid. You have done everything possible to ruin my status and now you bring this? That’s it, Reid. I’m done pleading with you. You’re moving back in with me.”

“And what will that do you?” I snapped, “You installed cameras in my house last year and now I have to move in with you after you kicked me out for an innocent prank?”

“You made Helen have a cardiac arrest! You call that innocent?”

“All she wanted from you was your money! And she threatened to send me to boarding school once you got married. For fucking sake, it was the first date and she already thought she was going to marry you! It’ll be like one of those stupid lifetime movies where she marries you and murders you for your money, Dad!” I hissed back.

He gripped the glass, “And you couldn’t have told me instead of almost killing her?”

“She can’t replace my mother.” My mom and dad never got married. They hardly knew each other. It was a one night stand gone wrong since she got pregnant. My dad was only eighteen and decided to marry her, promising to never be with anyone else and then she died giving life to me.

“No one is trying to replace your mother, Reid.” His eyes grew dark.

I ran my hand roughly through my hair and grunted, “I’m who I am because of you, Dad. Instead of blaming everything on me, maybe you should have raised me right.”

Dad blinked. We were more alike then he knew. Dad set his glass down and headed for the door, “Everyone makes a mistake, Reid. I thought if I raised you like this, you would see that I wasn’t a good guy and you wouldn’t follow me. But you did and now it’s your turn to make the right decisions and make yourself happy.”

With that, he left, slamming the door after him. I sulked to the kitchen and popped open a bottle of wine. I took a long drink and sighed. I pressed my head against the cold counter. Maybe I should just apologize for everything I did. If I couldn’t love Tessa maybe I could just be her friend. That would be better than nothing.

I hate myself.

I heard the door creak open and I groaned. Shit, why was Dad back?

“Reid, baby? Are you here?” Cassie called.

I turned around and saw her. She was wearing a light pink shirt that slightly tightened around her waist. Her lips were stained red and her curly blond hair fell around her heart-shaped face. Why couldn’t I just love her? Because Tessa already stole my heart.

“Whoa, are you okay? You don’t look too well.”  She reached out to me and I whipped her hand away.

“Don’t touch me,”

She pouted, “What’s wrong with you?”

I didn’t respond.

“It’s Tessa, isn’t it? What do you see in her?”

“I see everything you don’t have,” I replied dryly.

Tears willed in her eyes, “I know you don’t love me but you’re just going to have to deal with it! You’re mine now. This baby is yours_”

“Is it?” I asked.

“How could you ask that?”

“Why aren’t you answering the question? Is it mine?!” I yelled.

“That’s what Dr. Grand said! You want to go back to the office and check? You don’t even believe me, do you? I might hate Tessa but I would never lie about something like this. I’m trying to help her.”

I leaned forward, “How is this helping her?”

“When our baby grows up, do you want it to ask who it’s father is?”

“Do you know who your father is?” I growled.

She sobbed, “No! And I don’t want my baby to feel the same way I do!”

“I want to see the test, Cassie.”

“I don’t have it. Dr. Grand does. We can go see him tomorrow.” Her eyes locked onto mine, “Is it so bad to be the father? Am I really that awful?”

“No, babe. It’s just who knows how many people you’ve been with? If it really is mine, I will always be there for you and the baby. If it’s not_”

“It is yours!” She gripped onto my shirt. It was still wet from the rain. Suddenly, her lips were pressed onto mine. I quickly pulled away and buried my face in the nape of her neck, my arms wrapped around her body. She cried into my shoulder.

An hour later, Cassie was sprawled on the couch, a blanket over her. I sat beside her, her head resting on my thigh.

Tomorrow I’d know. Tomorrow will either break or make me.

IS IT REID'S??? 

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL PROBABLY BE IN CARSON'S POV!!

COMMENT

FAN

VOTE!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 683 36
Warning: The first few chapters are a result of my overly excited thoughts about this book. You may find the things floating in the madman's land .😂...
464K 66.1K 60
Little Sember stole readers' hearts in "Siena." Join her now, ten years later, as she embarks on a quest of her own to save her people, and to finall...
11.3K 862 20
(if you haven't read The Girl With Two Mates, then don't start reading this. Please read that one first because this is the sequel) I'm no longer Sop...
19K 345 13
Tessa and Will have been together for a year and are married, Jem was a Silent Brother and Tessa is going to have a baby. What is an issue is that, T...