Chapter Eight

*** YAY! Ch. 8! I hope everyone enjoys this chapter!! I enjoyed writing it :)

STAY FRESH

***

I paced around my room. Ugh, this was frustrating. Red or black. Red or black. It’s a simple choice yet I’m been standing here for the last thirty minutes deciding what to wear.

“I say red. It’s daring.” Kaye said, sitting in my beanie bag chair. The crepe rosette dress was stunning with its gorgeous flower designs at the collar. It was strapless and as Kaye said, daring. But more daring was the black strapless ruched dress. Dark, sexy and will probably make someone’s mouth drop. Hopefully, not my fathers.

“The red will make me look like a slut.”

Both will make you look like a slut,” Kaye snorted.

I bit my lip. Ugh, picking out a dress for dinner was much harder then I thought. I want to make Reid regret everything he did with Cassie by just looking at me but I don’t want his parents thinking I’m a hoe-bag that can’t keep her legs closed and probably has HIV.

Kaye grabbed her bag and pulled out a dress, “I knew you’d have trouble picking something out so I got you this. It’s sexy, appropriate and it’ll keep him guessing if you’re wearing underwear or not.”

I stared at the dress. It was a double knit chiffon yoke dress. It was pretty and decent. I like it. I embraced Kaye, “Thank you!”

“Hey, I’m your best friend. That’s what I do.”

***

Ten minutes later, I was in the dress with suedette studded ankle boots and a pearlescent heart necklace. If I say so myself, I look hot! Not in the total conceded way though.

“Wow, you outdid yourself today, Miss Lupan.” Kaye giggled.

I grinned, my hair fell in front of my face and I tossed it back, “Thanks to the amazing Kaye of course.”

“Well, I am the best.” She chided, “I hope you have fun. Knock the Stones out of their seats.”

“Will do!” I skipped downstairs to see my awaiting parents. Mom smiled at me approvingly.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit revealing?” Dad asked.

“A bit? Dad, if I bend over, my butt will be in your view. Thank God, I’m wearing a thong today.” I joked seeing his face redden.

He frowned, “Now I know why some animals eat their children.”

***

The drive to Alphonse  was long. Dad kept bickering about my earlier comment. I kind of regret saying it. Yeah right. They’ve been up my ass about the Unification for the last week and a half. And last night wasn’t that great. Crying on my bed till I weep to sleep totally ruined my usual beauty sleep. Gee, my sarcasm increased since Reid has been around.