Chapter Seventeen

Here is Ch. 17!! I think the next Chap will be the last. HOPE U ENJOY

Carson's POV

“Why did you lie to Cassie?” I spat. My kid was in her belly. Fuck.

My dad adjusted his papers on his desk, “Does it look like I want a little kid running around in my house because you were reckless?”

“But it’s going to run around in Reid’s house! I need to take responsibility for it!” I argued.

My dad shook his head, “People expect Reid to do something like this, not you. You have a future to think about. I won’t let this baby stop you from succeeding.”

“It won’t stop me from succeeding,” I growled, “It’s mine! I deserve to have the baby fall asleep in my arms! I don’t want anyone else have the baby. It’s mine!”

He slammed his fists onto the desk and it bent inward. He was beyond pissed off right now and I didn’t care. How dare he lie to Cassie? How dare he mention that the baby is mine and expects me to leave it in the hands of Reid?

I stood up, not intimidated, “I don’t care what you say, Dad. I’m not letting you stop me from taking care of that baby,”

“I guess you’ll just live on the streets. How about that?” He snapped.

“I don’t care! Don’t you see? I don’t want to be a stupid doctor. I don’t want to be like you!”

He lunged at me. My back contacted the floor. His hand choked my neck, tightly as I tried to breath. I struggled against him, “You think I raised you to have to take care of a stupid child at seventeen? No, you are going to medical school and getting your PhD rather you like it or not. After everything I need for you, you’re going to betray me?”

“I love her and the baby, Dad! I always have! I’m done with you and the Seekers. You’re not even my real dad, you know.”

Something flickered through his eyes, “I saw the documents of me. A woman named Mary Hawthorne gave birth to me. She was a rape victim. You only took me in so the Seekers could have me because they were killing all the kids you had. You blamed me for all their deaths! You forced me to become a Seeker! You planned out my life for me since I was born and I’m sick of it. I’m keeping the baby.”

“You can’t leave the Seekers. It’s better to die than face what they might make you do to get out.” Dr. Grand sighed and released me. He sat up and walked away from me.

I got to my feet as well and headed for the door, “I’ll do anything to protect the baby even if it means dying.”

Tessa’s POV

I glared at my phone as it vibrated on my bed. This was probably the tenth time he called in the last thirty minutes. What did he want? I didn’t want to talk to him or anyone else right now. I crawled into bed and nuzzled my phone next to me. I pressed the red button and the call went dead.

It started ringing again. I pressed talk and pressed it to my ear, “What do you want?”

“I want to talk,” Reid’s voice was husky. He sounded like he didn’t have a lot of sleep last night. Who cares though? That’s his problem.

“About what?”

“Us, Tessa. I want us to start over again. I-I know you have feelings for me. Don’t act like you don’t. I want us to… be like we used to.”

“It’s not that simple, Reid.” I growled.

I heard him sigh, “I know but I at least want forgiveness. I know what I did was wrong and if I could go back in time and fix it, I would. You mean a lot to me, Tessa and I don’t want that to change.”