Chapter Fifteen

HERE"S CH.15! I HOPE U ENJOY!

Reid's POV:

My hand automatically flew to the shift and I ripped the car into reverse. I slammed onto the gas. The car flew back and Tessa launched forward, “Put on your seatbelt!” I roared at her. Her eyes were wide as she fumbled with the seatbelt. The Seeker was still attached to the car. I twisted the car in a circle and jerked back. The Seeker flew off. I hit the brake and rushed out of the car. I went to Tessa’s side and opened the door, quickly putting it in child lock before she could register it. I slammed the door shut and beeped it locked.

I heard Tessa scream after me but I ignored it. I went up to the Seeker. It crawled upright and leaned against a silver car. I knelt down and grip it’s neck. It wore a black hood and I just wanted to rip it off to expose who it was. What if it wasn’t anyone I knew then I could just kill him or her. My lips thinned. I pulled the hood back and stared at the man Elder that announced that I was the Alpha. I tightened my grip on his neck. He intake a chilled breath.

How was it possible for an Elder to be a Seeker? It just didn’t make any sense. Anyone can be a Seeker then. I pulled out my knife from my boat that I always carried with me. It helps in situations like this. I pressed it against the Seekers throat, breaking skin, “Why? We watched after you assholes, how dare you betray us?”

He whimpered, shaking his head.

“Talk or this knife will say hello to one of your lungs.” I threatened.

“Nothing can change what I’ve done.”

“What you’ve done is going to cost you your life. Who else is involved with the Seekers?” I growled.

He spat out blood and shook his head, “I will not speak a word.”

“I guess you lose your life then,” I dug the knife deep into its throat, not feeling an emotions.

I stood up and someone started pounding their fist into my back. I turned around, my fists about to aim for the person’s face then stopped. It was Tessa. Her eyes were red and wide. Her lips swollen from my kiss earlier. Now that I think about it, I wonder how far we’d have gone if the Seeker hadn’t interrupted us. I wanted to grab her and kiss her again but I held myself back. She went through a lot today and I didn’t want to fuss her judgment.

“Is he dead?” She asked, cheeks scarlet red.

I nodded and started heading back to the car, my hand involuntarily grabbing hold of hers, “Why did you get out of the car?”

“I wanted to see where you went. I don’t appreciate getting locked in a car, jerk.” She sneered, snatching her hand back.

“How’d you get out?” I glanced at her.

She gestured to the car, “There’s no windshield, dude.”

She was right. God, my car looked like crap. I’m glad I killed that stupid Seeker for wrecking my car. I slammed the door shut after me and sighed. I pressed my forehead against the wheel and closed my eyes. I’m going to be in a load a shit when I get home with this. Another thing for my dad to yell at me.

“Are we going to go?” Tess asked, her voice didn’t have a hint of hatred but concern.

I glanced at her, gulping. I stared into her dark brown eyes.

Her cheeks redden and she looked away, “C’mon, start the car. I’m sure my mom is worried sick.”

“We need to discuss everything that happened, Tess.” I stated, starting up the car.