Bet Me

By ShewityWitters14

**This book should not be Rated R! I'm not sure why it says that! This book is maybe PG-13, maybe even less t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Christmas Special
Chapter 11
New Year's Special
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Authors note

Chapter 7

153 8 0
By ShewityWitters14

"Hey." James say to me, a smile appearing on his face. Get yourself together! I said to myself. "H-hey" I stutter out, a blush creeping to my face. "I brought food." I say, raising the McDonalds bag. James frowned. "I already ate, but thanks anyways." he says to me. He takes the bag and takes the board from me. "Come on in. Go upstairs and go settle down in the living room. I'll be right up." he says to me, pointing at the stairs. "Okay." I say, heading up the stairs.

I go upstairs and head straight to the living room. I put down my purse on the couch and took a seat. The TV wasn't on so I began to look around the room. Near the TV, I noticed a table that had some photoalbums sitting out. I got up from my seat and wandered over there. I pick up the photoalbum and read the front cover.

"The best thing about memories is making them." I read out loud. I shrugged and opened the album. The first picture was of a little boy, about 4 years old, kissing a small baby. I smiled. I turned the page and it was the same little boy, carrying the baby and smiling into the camera. I skipped ahead a few pages and came across a picture of the little boy, now about age 7, standing next to another little boy, probably the baby grown up, getting their heights measured.

"That's my brother Josh." James says, starling me so bad that I yelped in surprise. "Sorry. Did I scare you?" James asks. I turn to face him and notice a mischeavous grin on his face. "No. You just surprised me a bit." I said, blushing a little bit. James smiled and flopped onto the couch, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV. 

James had put on a shirt and brought our board upstairs, along with his bookbag. I put the album down and walk back over to the couch. I sit down a few spaces from James and I pull my purse into my lap. James turns the TV onto MTV and mutes it. He turns and looks at me. "So, all we have to do is finish decorating the board?" he asks. "Yup. Actually the board is practically done. We just have to glue the information and go over the title." I explain to him.

He nods, and reaches for his laptop that sitting on the other end of the couch. He gets his laptop and in no time, he opens the project documents and prints it out. He gets up and walks over to the printer and grabs the fresh printed paper. So I didn't look like an idiot just sitting there on the couch, I got up and put the board onto the table on the other side of the room. James grabbed a box of supplies and came to the table.

"Do you want to glue?" he asks me. "Sure." I say, grabbing the papers from him. He opened the box and handed me a glue stick. "There's more in here if you run out." he says, grabbing a marker from the box. I nodded. "Blue is fine?" he asks. "Yeah." I say, opening the glue stick.

For the next 10 minutes, we work in silence. Just as I glued the last piece of paper, James closed his marker and looked up. He sighed a deep sigh and I gave him a questioning look. "We're done!" he says, raising a fist into the air. I smiled and closed the glue stick. He threw his marker into the box and picked up the box. I attempted to throw the glue stick into the box, but I missed and the glue stick hit James right on the chest. 

"Wow. I think you should leave the basketball to me Lena." he says, using a new nickname. "I've never heard that before." I say to him. "Heard what?" he says, glancing at me. "Lena." James grinned sheepishly. "You don't like it?" he asks me, tilting his head a little bit. "It's," I pause, searching for the right word, "unique." I finish. "It's easier. Its only 2 syllables, and it just rolled off my tongue. I won't use it if you don't like it." he says, looking at me with a serious expression. "No, it's okay. It just surprised me a bit." I tell him truthfully.

I don't know how to feel about this new nickname because there was a girl at school. and her name was Lena, and I was not a big fan of her. But hearing James say it was like music to my ears. James smiled and put the box down. He walked over to his laptop and tapped it to turn it on. I began to clear the area while he did what he needed to do. He went to Pandora and plugged his laptop into the speakers underneath his TV.

"What are you doing?" I asked him curiously. "It's time to celebrate with a dance party." he says, pressing play on Pandora. The first song that came on was Pound the Alarm by Nicki Minaj. James began to dance like a mad man in the middle of his living room. I bursted out laughing. 

He began to dance and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. After the song ended, I had tears streaming down my face. The next song came on and it was Die Young by Kesha. James turned to me and shouted, "Come dance!" I shook my head no at him. He frowned and began walking towards me. "Come dance." he says to me. Again, I respond no.

James put his hand out to me and I just looked at it. "Lets dance." he says once more. "No." I say again. "You asked for it." he says before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him. Before I could realize what he was doing, he picked me up over his shoulders. Before I knew it, I was upside down, butt in the air, on James' shoulder, staring at his butt.

"James! What the hell? Put me down." I say, laughing. "Nope. I gave you three chances to dance but you refused." he says, walking over to his laptop and turning down the volume of the music. "James, put me down please!" I begged. He shook his head no. "James!" I say, exasperated. "Nope. I'll let you down when you promise to dance with me." he says. "Fine. Fine. I'll dance." I say, hoping to get him to release me.

"Promise?" he asks. "I promise." I say, crossing my fingers. Carefully, he put back down on my feet. As soon as the blood in my body returned to it's normal position, I punched James in the shoulder, hard. "Ouch! What was that for?" he said, covering up his arm. "For being a duchebag." I say to him. He rolled his eyes and started crazy dancing.

"Dance." he says to me. I roll my eyes and begin to move my hands up and down. "Thats it?" he says, stopping his dancing. "Yeah." I say to him. "You have three seconds Lena." he says to me, in a warning tone. "What?" I ask. "One," he counts. "What are you going to do to me?" I ask. "Two...." he counts. "Wait! Wait!" I try to stop him but my eyes just open up in shock. "Three." he says, tackling me to the floor.

Before I knew what was happening, I was on the floor, with James hovering over me. He grabbed my hands and held them in one hand over my head. "Are you ticklish?" he asks me. "No!" I answer, too quickly. A smirk spread across his face. He knew I was ticklish. He began to tickle me. 

"No! No!......Stop!........Please........I'm........begging.......you.........please..........James!!!" I yell at him, trying to gasp for air. I've manged to laugh normally but I was close to laughing my hyena laugh. When ever anyone tickled me for an extended period of time, I begin laughing like a maniac. Many people have told me I sound like a hyena.

"Please............Stop.........!" I beg, between laughs. I snorted and that set of my hyena laughter. I tried to move my hands, but James is not a football and basketball player for no reason. He was strong. He was able to keep a good hold on my hands. "O...My....God.....I'm......going..........to.....pee.......!!" I shout out, between laughs. James was smirking. He was enjoying my pain.

Bastard.

All of a sudden, James' phone began to ring, causing him to let go of my hands. Before he could understand his mistake, I pushed him and fell straight to the floor. I quickly pushed him onto his back and quickly got up from the floor and swung my leg right over James, straddling him. I sifted my weight to my knees and began to tickle James.

I didn't know whether I would have an affect on him but I tickled him anyways. Luckily, he seemed to be as ticklish as me because he began giggling like a little girl. Then before I could stop him, he began to tickle me while laying on his back. I screamed but I continued tickling him. There was no way I'd let him win. 

We began rolling around the floor, tickling each other. After about 5 minutes, we both got tired and layed down on our backs, side by side. "My stomach hurts." I whine to him. "Serves you right. You broke your promise." he says to me. I sit up and look down onto James. He looks up at me and begins to smirk.

"I know, I know. My hair is a mess isn't it?" I ask, already knowing the answer. James smirked. "It's your fault." I say, narrowing my eyes at him. "Whatever." he says, smirking. I stand up and look down at him. He sat up and was raising his hands to me. "Help me up." he says to me, turning his palm to me. I grab his hand and begin tugging. He was hovering over the ground when my foot slipped, causing him to fall on his butt, tugging me down with him. 

He fell on his butt but I came crashing into him, causing myself to fall directly on top of him, my head on his chest. "Ouch! Lena!" he says, causing me to feel the vibrations on his chest. "Sorry" I say, slowly lifting my head. I lifted my head and James began to say something but he stopped. I lifted my head and looked at him. We were in such close proximity. We we're literally 4 inches from each other.

If I wanted, I could lean closer and kiss him, square on the lips. Every fiber in my body told me to kiss him but I managed not to. I couldn't tell what James was thinking but the fact that he didn't make a move said everything. "James!.....Whoa, you're in a comprimising position. I think I came at the wrong time." A voice said from the stairs, causing me to move. My mind began to scream no. I like being this close to James.

I rolled off James and stood up. James sat up and began to speak to the boy. "Nah, you're good. We just...fell." James says. I turned around and looked at the boy. I've seen him around but I didn't know his name. Beth and I called him math boy because when me and her had math last year, her algebra and me geometry, we would always see him. He was so attractive. It didn't make sense how fine this boy was.

I looked at him and he smiled at me, causing me to blush. "You're not Carly." he says to me. "No, I'm Elena. James and I were working on a project." I say to him. "A project that involves you being on top of him?" he asks, raising his eyebrows. I began blushing profoudly. "What class is this for? I like this project." he says, teasing me some more.

James rolled his eyes and began talking to the boy. "Shut up Luke. What are you doing here anyways?" "I came to hang out. I needed to talk to you about something but it seems your pretty busy." Luke says, eyeing me. "Actually, I should be leaving." I say grabbing my purse from the couch. "Oh. Don't let me inturrept." Luke says, raising his eyebrows. "You're not inturrepting anything. We're finished working on our project." James says to Luke. 

I turned to James and asked him where the bathroom was. He pointed out where it was and I headed to the bathroom. In the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of myself and was shocked to see myself. My hair was standing in all directions and my make up was slightly smudged. I could understand why Luke thought something was going on with me and James. I quickly fixed my make up and hair and used the bathroom. 

I washed my hands and quietly walked out of the bathroom. As I headed to the living room, I overheard Luke and James talking. "Carly would kill your ass." Luke says to James. "Nothing is going on with me and Lena. We were just having fun." he says. Luke pauses and says, "Does she have a boyfriend?" I didn't hear James reply. 

I walked into the living room and saw James and Luke sitting on the couch, facing the TV, their backs to me. "I'm leaving now." I say out loud, causing both boys to stare. "I'll walk you out." James says. standing up. "Bye Elena. Nice to meet you." Luke says, smiling at me. Damn, he's fine I think to myself. "Bye Luke." I say, walking down the stairs with James right behind me.

We get downstairs and I open the door and walk out. "Lena, my parents are going out of town and I'm throwing a party friday night. I want you to come." he says to me. I smile and nod. "Alright." I say. "Bring your friends too. I throw some awesome parties." he says, smirking at me. "Okay." I say to him, turning around to walk to my car. 

"Bye Lena." he says. "Bye Nicki." I say to him, remembering his dancing. I turned to see his face and he was smiling. "Drive carefully." he say to me. I get to my car and get in. Since it was still the winter, it had already gotten dark out, even though it was only 6. I backed out of his drive way and waved to James as I drove away. 

I turned the radio to 96.1 and turned up the volume. I drove home singing along to Katy Perry. When I got home, I said hi to my parents and took a quick shower and put on some pjs. I grabbed my phone and called Seirra. She answered on the second ring. "Yeah man." she answered. I spent the next 20 minutes telling her about my day with James. After analyzing my day with Seirra for an hour, we hung up and I called Beth. Beth and proceeded to do the same thing. Seirra and Beth both concluded that James had some feelings for me. And as usual, I denied their theories.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 186 37
⚠️ DISCLAIMER: I wrote this 3 years ago, so it's really bad :P.. ⚠️ Samantha Rose Griffin. She's the new girl in the city of Memphis, Tennessee. As...
668K 18.3K 33
~FIRST BOOK TO THE 'Loving A Fighter' SERIES!~ **The second book is out!** Meet Skylar Bradley, not your typical teenage girl. Skylar has kept to her...
674K 17.1K 46
"And what if I don't Parker?" He asked, Smirking. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "I can easily go and tell my dad about-" I was instantly...
222 28 22
Natalie has always dreamed about E Miller since that day Freshman year. She's never felt this way about anyone else. For three years she's admired hi...