KaiShin Oneshot

By Kai_1412_1

A book of oneshots about Kuroba Kaito and Kudo Shinichi sweet to angsty moments in different stories. Shinkai... More

Childhood Promise
Childhood Promise (Part II)
I'm Sorry⚠️
Forever Yours
Forever Yours (Part II)
Hidden Identity [ShinKai]
Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part II)
Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part III)
Sincerely Yours, Kudo Shinichi
Sincerely Yours, Kuroba Kaito
If Only I Was...
A/N
Christmas With[out?] You
Mistletoe
A New Year To Remember
Best Dating Spot[?]
Hiatus[?] (Not An Update)
Happy Valentines Day!
Chocolate Disaster
Don't, Please[...]
My Metantei
Rejection[?...] [ShinKai]
Full Moon
When I Met You
Her[?...]
You
Love Tonight
A/N [Please Read!!!]
Gift of Love
Precious Gift
Love Return (Afterstory of PG)
A/N: Announcement
Cursed Love[?]
Blind Love
Blind Love (Part II)
Broken ⚠️
A/N: [Announcement]
Shelter
Different World
Sick Workaholic
Little Not Perfect
Till Death Reunites Us[...]
Happy Valentine's Day [2022]
In His Arms
Author's Note
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Reminiscence
Author's Return

Our Little Angel

1.2K 46 14
By Kai_1412_1

For the passed 4 years of being together with Kaito,  Shinichi never knew that this is what true happiness feels like. Their story that started off as fated rivals which ended with them going out with one another, he couldn't asked for more since both of them were already satisfied with having each other... not until he saw how Kaito's attention being stolen by something else. It never once crossed Shinichi's mind but now that he has finally became aware of it, it has became a difficult situation that for the first time in a while, he didn't know what to do. 

It was dumb to think that Kaito wouldn't want his own kids in the future. He thought he was all that Kaito needed but... now that it finally cross his mind, he wanted to have one as well... Kaito's child but,

"How can a man like me bear his offspring?.."

Shinichi felt stupid, even to the extent of researching about it on the internet if it's possible for a guy to became pregnant when he, himself, knows that it's impossible.. He just feels so hopeless right now that he wanted to do something that will make Kaito happy. Letting out a sighed, Shinichi closed his laptop then lied down on their bed. His Lover is currently out doing a magic show so he has all the bed for himself tonight... 

Placing a hand onto his abdomen, he chuckled painfully while muttering under his breath.

"Who knew I'll wish I was a girl instead of being a guy..."

***

"Shinichi have you been feeling alright?? I heard from Takagi-keiji that you nearly let the culprit get away yesterday." Kaito asked. From his voice alone anyone can tell how worried the magician is for his lover. He knew that for the passed few days, Shinichi has been hiding something from him. He didn't know what and why but Kaito is sure that it's something that's been weighting down on his Metantei. He wanted Shinichi to open up on his own free will but he couldn't bear to see the misery hidden beneath those ocean blue eyes that he loves anymore. 

Shinichi couldn't looked at his lover in the eyes. He knew that once he sees those pair of blue sky he adores, he will surely tell him everything. He didn't want to admit it but ever since that day, he's been distracted to the point of making such a mistake. He wanted to directly asked Kaito so that he can finally feel at ease however.. 

"I'm... scared."

What if Kaito didn't want to be with him anymore? Because he couldn't give him a child they can cherish and loved.. what if all this time, Kaito has been hiding what he truly feels towards him? Shinichi didn't want to hear those words coming out from his Lovers mouth so... he did the most ridiculous thing that even himself couldn't believed he'll ever do in his life.

Facing Kaito with such a blank expression that took Kaito aback, he blurted out the words he never knew he would ever say while staring directly at his lover's eyes.

"Kaito, Let's break up."

***

It has been a week ever since that day and honestly? Shinichi hasn't been alright. From constantly messing up in the middle of solving a case to nearly getting hit by a car while crossing the road. If it weren't for Hattori who was always there to accompany him, he would've been on a hospital bed by now. Shinichi knows that he brought this upon himself and he shouldn't even have the right to feel miserable when he was the one who broke Kaito's heart but... who knew it will be this hard to go back to his old life where his beloved magician isn't there anymore? 

Letting out a sighed, he fixed his gaze to the open window in the library where he is currently at. It's already night time and around this time Kaito would be knocking on his door, saying that dinner is ready but he knows the voice his been longing to hear will never call him out. When they broke up that day, Kaito never spoked a word and just nodded. He didn't asked for an explanation nor even protest and just.. left. Deep down, he wanted Kaito to be angry and refused the break up but...

"I'm an idiot."

"You really are an idiot."

Quickly turning his head to where the voice came from, Shinichi saw Shiho with a coffee in hand looking at him as if he's the biggest fool there is and.. she was right. 

Shinichi just gave her a small smile before returning his gaze back up to the sky filled with billions of stars... but what he really loves to look at every night is the bright full moon. Despite their time as Edogawa Conan and Kaitou Kid ended years ago, the moon is something that really means a lot to him and not only because it shines brighter at night but because it's a reminder on how he and Kaito had meet each other.

He soon felt Shiho sitting beside him, handing him the coffee she brewed which the detective gladly accepted. Out of everyone aware of their relationship, Shiho was the one who had witnessed it from the start. From the time the Phantom Thief had confessed his love for the detective to the current situation right now, where they are facing one of the obstacle that has come in between their lives. She couldn't really blamed Shinichi with his decision. It must've been very difficult for him since he was lost and didn't know what to do but what Shiho didn't like is that he made such a mistake that is breaking him and his lover apart right now. 

Looking at the detective beside her, she opened her mouth to say something but suddenly,  Shinichi started talking.

"I know I could have chosen a different way with dealing this guilt I'm feeling but Miyano I just- can't. I can't stopped thinking that Kaito would have been better off with someone else who could make him happier than being with me. He could have a normal life where he can look forward to seeing his children. I can't give him that bundle of joy.." 

Every word that's coming out of his mouth was something he knew will make Kaito furious if his lover hears them. He knows but.. what if this is really for the best? In the first place, he should be going out with Ran and not with Kaito...

"Who am I kidding? Even if I turned down his confession and returned back to Ran, even if I deny it I knew for a fact that I have fallen in love with him. I can say and lie easily when it comes to different things but these feelings I harbor for him? It's something I will never lie about."

Shinichi never said that he didn't love Kaito anymore that night which made the detective realized something. If the reason why Kaito didn't asked for the reason is...

Before he could say anything to Shiho, they heard the soft knocked on the library door which made Shinichi and the scientist looked at each other, knowing exactly who is currently behind those doors right now. Shiho gave him a reassuring smile which Shinichi responded with a simple nod and smiled back. A week has already passed by, it's time for him to fix the mistakes he made. 

Shiho did the honor of opening the door and there, Kaito stood still with a smile on his face while holding up a box of lemon pie which he handed to her.

"I came by to visit and to have a word with Shinichi. Do you mind if we?.."

"Yes, of course. I'll leave you two for awhile so take your time fixing things up alright?"

With that, Shiho left closing the door to give some room for the two lovers. Silent filled the room and every second that passes by, the more nervous Shinichi gets. He couldn't even looked at Kaito in the eyes. He knew that Kaito wasn't angry but he still couldn't helped but think that he had disappointed his Lover with his foolish decision. 

The suffocating silent was broken when Kaito's footsteps were heard. Getting closer and closer to the detective which in a matter of second, he was pulled into a tight embraced catching him off guard.

"Ah, I missed you so much. I heard you haven't been taking care of yourself. Do you want to collapse while solving a case? Geez you're not a kid now so take better care of your health~"

Shinichi misses this so much. The endless of nagging he gets from Kaito whenever he skips breakfast and heading straight to the crime scene. The cuddles and kisses the magician will give him every opportunity he gets. The grinned he used to find annoying back then and the love he will always shower him with. How can anyone let go of such person?

Slowly, he returned the hugged which brought a smile on Kaito's face. He knew what's been bothering his Lover but he didn't thought it bothered him to the extent of breaking up with him in order to gain the happiness of having his bundle of joy. Kaito was at fault as well, he didn't mean to make it too obvious as to not ruined the surprised but it seems like he was too excited to keep it a secret after all. 

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking straight and went ahead and did such a foolish thing. I was just.."

"Hey now, it's alright! I knew that you really didn't mean to end our relationship like that, so don't apologize. I think between the two of us, I should be the one apologizing." Kaito said which confused the detective he's holding in his arms. What did he mean by that? He was the one who was getting depressed on his own so why is Kaito the one apologizing?

Kaito slowly pulled away and grabbed something inside of his pocket. Pulling out, Shinichi saw a small blue box with a pacifier patterned ribbon on it. 

"Remember my cousin's funeral last month?" Kaito asked which Shinichi nodded. Kaito's cousin on his father side was killed in a hit-and-run while on his way back from work. While this is all happening, his wife who was pregnant back then was rushed to the hospital to give birth to their first baby however, she died soon after the baby was born. It was heart breaking to see their parents mourning over the death of their son and daughter-in-law that they immediately left after the ceremony. Why did Kaito suddenly brought this up-

Eyes widen, Shinichi covered his mouth upon realizing what his Lover's words meant and the gift he's currently giving to him. 

Kaito only smiled at him when he sees Shinichi's expression. The reason why he has been constantly glancing at baby products and babies whenever they go out on a date was because soon, after the paperworks are all sorted out and done he will surprised Shinichi with a new member of their family. 

Giving his Lover a peck on the lips, he holds both his hand and placed the small box on it which contains a pacifier with a nametag written on it. 

"Ready to meet our son tomorrow?"

***

[Timeskip ]

(6 years later)

"Conan-kun is your father awake yet? If he doesn't get up just give him a kick on the nut and it'll do!" Shinichi shouted from the kitchen who is currently preparing breakfast. After living with Kaito for the passed 10 years now, he managed to learn how to prepare a simple meal which still needs a lot of improving but Kaito doesn't mind the slightly burned miso soup (which he has no idea how in the world that happened) or the half cooked omelette. 

"I will!" Conan replied from upstairs which made Shinichi chuckled.

After their 'breakup' 6 years ago, Shinichi and Kaito finally met their son at the Hospital. At first, Shinichi was a bit hesitate to hold Conan, afraid that he might dropped him but after holding him in his arms? Kaito was surprised to see Shinichi shedding tears that made him panicked but also teared up by the thought of the family they will be building. It was a touching moment that even the nurses in charge of taking care of Conan cried a little. 

It took a lot of parenting books and their parents to helped around with their growing son but soon, they got the hang of it that 6 years passed by, Conan has grew up to be a healthy and intelligent boy. What surprised them the most is the terrifying resemblance of Kaito and their son, which make sense since his uncle and father actually shared the same eye color. The hair was the same shade as Shinichi which some people suspect that Shinichi himself gave birth to Conan. Of course it was nonsense talk and even if he wasn't the one who brought their son into this world, Conan is still his son that he will cherish and loved with his loving husband. 

Placing the last plate on the table, Shinichi suddenly hears Kaito's painful 'manly shout' which he holds back a laugh once he hears the footsteps of his loving husband at the stairs. Soon, Kaito appeared by the entrance of the kitchen holding Conan by the back of his shirt collar, who is shooting his father a 'mom gave me permission' look. 

"Oi oi, you should really stopped teaching our son to wake me up like thattt. What will you do if my precious gem doesn't work anymore?"

"Cut it off and get a new one?"

Kaito put down Conan and grinned at Shinichi widely. That looked is somewhat terrifyingly familiar that he quickly made a run around the table but it was already too late. Kaito quickly caught him from behind and started tickling the hell out of him as he laughed non-stop while slightly tearing up from all the laughter. 

He laughed along with his detective lover while he looked at Conan trying to helped out his mother being tickle to death by tickling Kaito which made the magician grinned. Kaito quickly stopped and scoop their son in his arms and starts tickling him by blowing on his tiny tummy, earning him a laughed from Conan which was music to his ears. 

Shinichi smiled at this moment as Kaito smiled back after pulling away from his son but still carrying Conan in his arms. Kaito and Shinichi covered Conan's eyes which confuses their son as they gave each other a pecked on the lips with Kaito's arms around Shinici's waist. 

This moment was something they never knew they will ever experience but it was a precious moment Fate has given them which they will forever treasure and cherish. Their journey throughout their time as fated rivals, lovers, and now as a family? They are both thankful to experience this present and future they will be sharing with their precious son in the picture.

***

A/N: I was supposed to be writing the next chapter for the Kaishin book but then I remember I have this wholesome oneshot in my draft LOLOLOL Hope y'all enjoy this oneshot of the Kuroba Family !!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 6.5K 37
*Completed* He woke up, surroundings swimming in his eyes. Not long after, finally a dark and empty street materialized itself in front of him. What...
96.6K 3.7K 41
I already completed two stories of my favorite Phantom Thief below the Moonlight! Since I still have too many ideas roaming around in my brain which...
76.3K 4K 52
*Completed* Sequel to KID's Drastic Methods A few years have gone by since the disappearance of Kaitou KID. Kuroba Kaito, worldfamous magician by the...
40.9K 1.9K 21
*Completed* "Memories... memories have left me hanging since a couple of days. Who am I? Why am I here?" KID let out another halfhearted chuckle and...