Of Glitter and Gold

By OliJo315

Marinette Dupain-Cheng is done. Done with the lies, done with Hawkmoth, done with her class, done with being... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 38

1.7K 83 9
By OliJo315

***

Damian

▢ Press and hold to replay

Me

Lmao, I didn't think you knew how to use snap

Damian

I'm not stupid, though this film is.

Me

How rude! How would you feel if someone said that about your movie?

Damian

I wouldn't.

Me

😑

Damian

Am I supposed to be charmed by the little man?

Me

Your ignorance amuses me

Damian

And you say I'm overly formal.

Me

SAYS THE GUY USING PERIODS AT THE END OF EVERY SENTENCE!

Damian

There's no need for you to yell, and that's where they belong.

***

Marinette smiles, laughing to herself. Did he really just accuse her of yelling?

"What's so funny, bug?" Plagg lands on his holder's shoulder to look at the device, "Looks like you owe me a cookie, Sugar cube!" Tikki flew to Marinette's other shoulder with a high 'WHAT?'

Marinette rolls her eyes at their antics as they begin to bicker. She responds.

***

Me

I did not yell.

Damian

Really? Please enlighten me- what is your intention when you used caps lock?

Me

To emphasize my point.

Damian

No. You yelled.

Me

Did I huwt youw feewings?

Damian

Yeah, right.

Me

Oh~ I sowwy

Damian

I was being sarcastic.

Me

Then write sarcastically

Damian

What does that even mean?

Me

🤦‍♀️

LiKe thIS, WhERe yOU CaPITaliZe RaNdOM LeTtErs oR OnES YoU wANt tO EmPHasiZe

Damian

That seems unnecessary.

Me

So is adding periods in an informal chat and yet here we are

Damian

ThAnK YOu FoR PoiNTinG ThAT oUt, I hADn'T NoTICeD.

Me

Oh. My. Disney.

YOU DID THE THING

Damian

I regret my decision.

Deeply.

Me

BAHAHAHAHAHA This is almost as funny as you punning.

***

Marinette laughs to herself, saving his chat.

***

Damian

What did you just do?

Why is that message highlighted grey now?

Me

Oh relax, I just saved it. Chats delete once you see them, or after twenty four hours. I was just saving it so it doesn't go away

Damian

What do you mean? Why would it do that?

Me

So people can't read your old messages

Privacy

All conversations auto delete after viewing but you can change it to delete after 24 hrs if you want. People sometimes forget what they send so it's useful.

Damian

How do you do that?

Me

Click on the icon with the bitmoji

go the the settings circle button on the top right and click delete chats. Switch it from after viewing to 24 hours. Why?

Damian changed when chats delete

Chats Delete after 24 Hours

Chats are set to delete 24 hours after they're viewed. You can change this in the conversation settings.

Me

Good job!

I hope the chat settings are now suitable for you, your highness.

Damian

Shut up.

Me

Never

What happens when Kanye West turns around?

***

Damian doesn't immediately respond, leaving the app for a moment. His icon returned a minute or so later. He looked Kanye West up.

Marinette smiles at that, how adorable.

***

Damian

I don't know

Me

Kanye East

Damian

How long have you been waiting to use that one?

Me

Cmon you have to laugh at that one!

Damian

Answer the question, Marinette.

Me

Like a week... or tow.

Damian

Two.

Me

*two

Jeez, you're like freaking autocorrect.

Damian

Better, actually. I caught the mistake, your phone did not.

Me

I'm going to kill you. So pesky.

Damian

Violence? I didn't think you stooped that low.

I am revolted by your word choice, is that the best you can do?

Me

For you, I'll make a special exception.

Damian

I'm so honored.

***

Marinette catches a glance at the clock on her phone, it was almost midnight. She has to get to patrol!

***

Me

MERDE It's late.

Goodnight, see you tomorrow!

Damian

See, even you are capable of proper punctuation. Bravo.

Goodnight.

***

Marinette smiles as she swipes out of the conversation, sitting up on her bed as she stretches. The Parisian is grateful she knocked all her homework off before patrol, it wasn't crazy but she wouldn't be a happy camper if she would have to stay up later than necessary.

"Ready guys?" The two kwamis nod. "Tikki, spots on!" Marinette is surrounded by a bright flash of pink, going from her usual sweats and camisole to her black cargo pants, combat boots and shirt contrasting her deep red and polka dotted mask and gloves. Her antennae headband holds back her loose locks. Marinette grabs her yo-yo from around her waist and walks towards her window, checking the streets and alleys below before opening the window and yo-yoing away and towards the entrance to the bat tunnels.

Ladybird wastes no time, rushing towards the cave- knowing she's gonna be late. What the bluenette wouldn't do to have a closer access point. All this running sucks.

Ladybird rushes into the cave, a little out of breath. She jealousy eyes Nightwing who's parking his bike as Robin walks away annoyed.

"When do I get a bike?" She asks.

"Bikes are for people who tell us their identity." The girl huffs, so no bike.

"Unfair, I'm more than willing as soon as you give me yours." She shoots back, Batman raises a brow at her attitude. The girl realizes what she did and blushes, walking towards the staircase.

She hears Bats whisper 'add that to the list' to Red Robin. They were still trying to figure out who she is? Maybe she should tell them about the magic, put them out of their misery... Nah, that's no fun.

Everyone goes to the map of Gotham. Batman tries to go over the patrol routes but Nightwing is talking to Robin who looks like he wants nothing more than to hit the older man.

"C'mon, just tell me! Why does she get to know and not me?"

"Because she is who I chose to tell. Deal with it."

"Tell who what?"

"Star. What'd you tell her? Who did you talk to? It was creepy to see you smile at your phone like that." Ladybird stays quiet, deciding it best not to intervene.

"Holy shit, you smiled?" Robin rolls his eyes at Red Hood's comment .

"Not only that, they sent a snap to someone, and wouldn't let me see!"

"Perhaps it's because you're a nosy, overbearing snitch that would tell everyone everything! I have a right to tell who I want what I want when I want." Robin huffs, his arms crossed.

"BOYS!" Batman exclaims, silencing everyone. "Patrol routes will be as follows: Ladybird, Red Robin, and I will cover Crime Alley; Red Hood and Wing cover residential district; Orphan and Robin on main; Spoiler is off."

"What!? Why?"

"Batmobile." The girl stops at that, chuckling as she looks anywhere but at Batman.

"I-in my defense- Hood Drove!"

"SNITCH! Robin is the only reason we went out at all! The brat wanted to eat!" Robin was quick to defend himself.

"I took no part in this, father!" At that moment, Ladybird wishes she could disappear, Batman sighing as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Upstairs."

"Bu-"

"Now." Robin glares at Ladybird like it was her fault before stomping off towards the mystery elevator. The grumbling and attitude could have been funny if the atmosphere wasn't so tense.

"Let's go, Spoiler, join Orphan." Everyone is dead silent as they walk towards the bikes and batmobile. Ladybird gets in the car, Batman next to her, his hands on the wheel as everyone else speeds off on their bikes.

"I'm not trying to figure it out." Unlike some people, Marinette respects other people's privacy.

"The brain is designed to solve puzzles." The car revs before speeding its way down the bat tunnels.

"How am I supposed to know who you people are? The odds of anyone figuring it out-" He cuts her off, changing the subject.

"How far along are you on learning the protocols?"

"Like halfway, I can't believe you have a backup plan for the existence of Atlantis."

"It's real." Ladybird stops short at that, he can't be serious.

"And Santa Claus?"

"Real, gives coal to Darkseid every year."

"Let me guess, Jack Frost is gonna be the first on the J list." She jokes, not expecting an answer.

"No, he's fourth." The man speaks with a straight face that makes the Parisian laugh, so the big bad bat jokes.

Ladybird looks out the window as they emerge from the bat-tunnel. The city was beautiful at night. The bat-mobile stops in Crime Alley, hidden between two buildings.

Patrol wasn't quick, Batman didn't let up and only took the two of them back to the cave until almost three.

Ladybird can hardly remember what she did but is pretty sure there were a few really strong guys and at least four times she had to knock a gun out of someone's hand. The Parisian was grateful for the fact that they didn't come across any bigger villains, the sheer volume of the people they took down was making the girl's head spin.

The super powered bluenette was dead tired, flopping onto her seat in the bat-mobile. She stays silent the entire drive through the streets of Gotham. She is in a constant limbo between about to pass out and rubbing a sore arm with the other sore arm.

Batman did send her to try and talk down some criminals but it doesn't always work. There was one time where she was talking to one guy about his family while taking two of his buddies down. She was able to get through to him but his friends weren't nearly as open minded.

She tries not to make a big deal out of it but her drooping lids are impossible to hide. Her head slips down the side of the car before she lifts it back up again- Damian would call it an exercise in futility.

"I can drop you off at home, where do you live?" He thought he was sly, everything clicking into place. Keeping her out for way longer than normal, the car was warm and heated when they got in- a stark contrast from the usually frigid car. The entire night was to try and get to give up something about her identity, to get her tired enough to give up her address. Her address would give them her identity, it's too bad the bluenette was just lucid enough to catch on to the ruse. That and she's too stubborn to skip out on patrol.

"Hm? Nono, I'm fine for debrief." The girl mumbles, sitting up as she rubs her eyes. Batman stops the car before it enters the bat-tunnels.

"Go. Tomorrow endurance training." Ladybug sighs as she gets out, giving him a lazy thumbs up. She forces herself to wake up and be more aware of her surroundings.

"Later, Mr. Man." The bluenette waits for Batman to drive away before yo-yoing away. The harsh, polluted air waking her up. Training tomorrow is gonna suck.

Ladybird somehow finds her way home and flops onto her bed as she transforms back into her pajamas. Marinette doesn't even bother getting under the covers as she passes out, Tikki and Plagg cuddling close to her as they fall asleep together.

Marinette wakes up to her alarm, too tired to feel tired she rolls off her bed and whines as she gets ready for school. The bluenette can hardly muster the energy to feed herself while her parents laugh and remind her to go to bed early tonight. Marinette isn't lucky enough for that, training today was gonna be long.

Sabine shoos her bleary eyed daughter out of the bakery, watching as her little girl drags herself to school.

By the time Marinette drags herself into homeroom, the bluenette's woken up just enough to greet people but as soon as she makes it to her desk she folds her arms under her head and passes out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 9.4K 33
When the miraculous team becomes suspicious of Lila, they are going to need the help of a certain bat-detective to determine if Lila is working with...
15.9K 434 24
She's a miraculous hero from Paris 🐞 He's a former assassin from Gotham πŸ—‘οΈ But what if they had fallen in love unexpectedly? And they had met befor...
133K 3K 12
Just another Daminette... Alright so most Daminette happens when Marinette wins a class field trip to Gotham so to switch it up Damian is an exchange...
77.5K 2.6K 39
❝ Oh my gosh, Tikki. ❞ ❝ You have no idea I much I missed you. ❞ Tikki and Plagg starts leading out another life as Tyler and Patrick. Un...