The Academy

By orendawrites

BOOK ONE || the city lights series Adina Ricci is the daughter of two of the most famous people on the planet... More

❀
Introductions
Aesthetics & Other Info
Prologue
Chapter One || see you later
Chapter Two || green eyes
Chapter Three || roommates
Chapter Four || unpacking
Chapter Five || can't breathe
Chapter Six || adina fucking ricci
Chapter Seven || fine line
Chapter Eight || looking
Chapter Nine || chaos
Chapter Ten || friends?
Chapter Eleven || what i expected
Chapter Twelve || smiley faces
Chapter Thirteen || movie night
Chapter Fifteen || kiss me
Chapter Sixteen || fuck it up
Chapter Seventeen || close
Chapter Eighteen || j and v
Chapter Nineteen || reunited
Chapter Twenty || not going to give up
Chapter Twenty-One || falling
Chapter Twenty-One || bonus chapter
Chapter Twenty-Two || when you're ready
Chapter Twenty-Three || daddy issues
Chapter Twenty-Four || i'm here
Social Media || teagan & caspian's birthday
Chapter Twenty-Five || picnic date
Chapter Twenty-Six || winners
Chapter Twenty-Seven || making plans
Chapter Twenty-Eight || getaway
Chapter Twenty-Nine || chill out
Chapter Thirty || everything
Chapter Thirty-One || only a dream
Chapter Thirty-One || bonus chapter
Chapter Thirty-Two || ew
Chapter Thirty-Three || calm
Social Media || the drama
Chapter Thirty-Four || everything i said
Chapter Thirty-Five || never forgive me
Chapter Thirty-Six || gone
Chapter Thirty-Seven || memories
Chapter Thirty-Eight || freeze
Chapter Thirty-Nine || the auction part one
Chapter Forty || the auction part two
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter || six years later
Bonus Chapter || two years later
Bonus Chapter || ten years later

Chapter Fourteen || nerves

33.8K 1K 882
By orendawrites

IT'S BEEN exactly three weeks since Adina's started at the Academy and god, it's been the most amazing three weeks I've had in a long time.

I used to dread coming to school and, other than football practices during the first semester and track or athletics later in the year, there was nothing I looked forward to. Until I met her.

I have only a few classes with the girl, but they make every day worthwhile. I get to hear her melodic laugh, which I try my hardest to bring out of her. I also get to see her gorgeous smile, which makes my heart race a hundred times faster than normal.

She's tall, which is definitely a plus considering I tower over basically everyone I know. I'm not having to bend down too far to get to her level. Her legs that stretch for miles keep me questioning my sanity sometimes because how is this girl real?

Everything about her makes me insane. Her long legs that I want her to wrap around me. Her soft hands that make me shiver just from the slightest touch. Her deep, chocolate brown eyes that draw me in with every flutter of her eyelashes. Her moles spaced around her face and chest that I try and connect in my mind. The one just above her full lips, between her little, button nose and Cupid's bow, drives me crazy.

And don't get me started on her voice. It's gentle and soothing, with a bit of an accent, which I assume she's gotten from her Dad and his family.

She's everything. Her mind. Her body. I can't get enough, and I certainly can't stay away. Believe me, I have tried.

When she first got here, I tried my best to stay away, telling myself that I did not want to get to know her. Obviously, this was just postponing the inevitable.

That day on the beach, when I heard her beautiful laugh, I knew I wouldn't be able to hold myself back anymore. I needed to be around her.

Every time she gets close, I feel a pull that keeps tugging me towards her and I hope she feels the same.

She makes me laugh, and smile, and when I'm around her it feels like nothing can go wrong, and I love that.

But the worst part about Adina isn't even her fault. It's our Dad's.

I don't care though. I don't care that my Dad and hers absolutely despise each other or that they may not approve. Because I've never needed or wanted my Dad's approval. The only thing is, is that, from what I've heard from Adina, she and her father are very close. I feel she's holding back because of that. She doesn't want to disappoint her Dad.

And I get that, believe me. I just wish that the only girl I've ever felt like this for wasn't the daughter of someone on Dad's long list of enemies. Our lives would be much easier.

But, it's been making me do some thinking. What if I can convince her that I'm nothing like that dickhead I have for a Dad? Because I'm not. And I never want to, nor will I be.

The guys have been telling me to 'suck it up and tell her', but it's not that simple. I feel as though nothing about us is ever gonna be that simple. But I'm willing to fight for what I want, especially if she wants the same.

After Friday night, I knew I had to do something, and fast. I couldn't last another week without knowing if she feels the same way that I do.

Teagan told me that she can see how we both look at each other like we're the only ones in the room, even the whole world.

Having her in my arms that night, her snuggling into me, made me feel something I haven't felt in a long time. Calm. Safe.

I know that her Dad and brothers, as well as her two friends, are visiting this weekend so I don't know when we're going to get another time alone before we go to the Campbell's for Tea and Cas's birthday.

All I know is that I want it to be special when I tell her how I feel about her. She deserves it. She deserves the world. And I want to be the one that gives it to her.

It's now Monday and, because we've had dinner at Artemis House for the past two weeks, it's now our turn to host.

Our house mother, Lorraine, has been running around all day, fixing up our dinner, and it's kind of hilarious to watch. She is all red in the face as she bosses us about, wanting everything to be perfect.

However, I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about tonight, too.

Even though I saw Adina in school, this feels different. I plan on telling her how I feel. Well, maybe not flat-out telling her, but I want to at least get my point across.

I head into my bathroom to freshen up before the girls arrive, applying more deodorant, and making sure I don't smell like I've been sweating my head off the entire day from nerves.

I then walk into my bedroom and head to my closet to grab a plain black tee and some jeans.

After I've finished getting ready, Caspian bursts into my room, a teasing smirk quirking at his mouth. I roll my eyes at him even before he can say anything to me.

"Someone's dressed up," he says as he jumps onto my bed, his eyebrows raised.

"Not really," I lie, "this is what I usually wear."

"Mmhmm. Are you sure you didn't want to catch the attention of a certain tall, brunette that you can't seem to stop blabbering on about?" Caspian teases me as he grabs his phone from his back pocket to start typing something up. I shake my head in exasperation.

I huff before replying, my hands going through my hair anxiously, "maybe," I mutter quietly. He looks at me immediately, a hint of concern flashing in his eyes.

"You really like her... don't you?" He asks, getting up and standing in front of me, placing his hands on my shoulders in an act of comfort. I nod my head sheepishly, looking down at the ground before breathing in a deep breath.

"Yeah. She's just so... I don't know. Perfect? And I just can't seem to stop thinking about her." I admit to him.

"Well... are you gonna do something about it?" I sigh.

"I want to... I really want to. I haven't even known her for a month and I'm already crazy about her. But there's just one small problem."

"Is this about her Dad?" I turn away from his stern expression. I nod, ruffling my hair with my hand.

"Partly, yeah. I'm also scared if she doesn't like me back." At this Caspian starts laughing, throwing his head back, I look at him with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?"

"Oh, Vaughn," he pats me on the shoulder, "you really are blind."

"What do you mean?"

"Are you seriously telling me you don't see the way she looks at you?" I shake my head slowly, he sighs frustratedly.

"Vaughn, I'm only saying this to you because you're my best friend and I want you to be happy. But, you need to tell her how you feel. So what if she rejects you, just go back to being friends." He shrugs as if it's nothing.

I rub my hands across my face and sigh as I pace around my room. "I don't know about this Cas, have you asked any of the girls what they think?"

"Tea says that she can tell she likes you, and Sawyer told her that whenever you guys text each other at night there's always a huge smile on her face."

My face breaks into a grin at the thought of her like that.

"Trust me, V. She likes you too. I've already told the guys to stay out of your guys' way after dinner. So, just go outside and talk to her later. Okay?" I nod my head, looking down at the ground, slightly freaking out. He grabs my shoulders, "don't worry."

I scoff. Easier said than done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 10.4K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
60.5K 2.4K 77
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...
717 2 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...
342 16 8
π’žπ’Άπ“‰π’Άπ“π’Ύπ“ƒπ’Ά π‘…π‘œπ’Ήπ“‡π’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ‘’π“ Her last name was a curse she thought. Everywhere she went someone would recognise her or scream her name in hope...