[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Im...

By Panda-Gom

It has been almost half a year since [Name] [Surname] fulfilled the Silver Dragon legend. When Oblivion relea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 8

3.2K 46 15
By Panda-Gom

Rika and Xion came with you to your locker as you put away your biology folder and took the one for literature. They informed you that for mythic studies—which Fai taught—you didn’t need the folder today, or even the laptop, you in return, leaving both in the locker along with your backpack—which you would get after eating—before shutting it. The two girls led you to the cafeteria across campus, and before you knew it, you were already in the designated building, waiting in the lunch line which was a hall leading to the actual room, while looking at the interior.

The floor was checkered black and white, the walls an inviting crimson color. Overhead, the ceiling held circular lights, and the buffet counters where the choices of food rested were made of silver metal bars, and covered at an angle by white glass to prevent the steam from escaping too much. After you had gotten your food, you turned left into the actual lunchroom and marveled at the beauty of it, the first thing catching your eye being a large white marble fountain with three tiers—a large crystal orb in the middle, shimmering brightly from even the clouded sky’s light.

This brought your attention to the celling which was made from glass, angled at numerous degrees to have the light hit certain objects perfectly. The tables were the same marble as the fountain, and were carved to make circular of rectangular shapes. In each corner, there was a statue of a granite black dragon looking up and shooting water from its mouth into a small pool that surrounded it with shimmering red gems for eyes, and white chains around its wrists and ankles. The northern end across from the lines was a large window that overlooked the green grass and dirt road of the circular track.

Xion called your attention back and you followed once more as she and Rika made way to a table by the window. As you approached, you recognized Olette, Hayner, Pence, Namine, Natsu, Vanitas, Sora, Riku, and Roxas sitting at it. Kairi, Selphie and Chiyoko were at the table too, sitting in a triangle formation—Chiyoko between Sora and Riku with Roxas across from her who was sandwiched between Selphie and Kairi. The two girls took seats across from one another at the end, but as soon as you set your tray down to sit beside Rika, the table got quiet. Ignoring it, you were to sit down anyway when a scoff stopped you, and you looked up at the perpetrator.

“First you try and steal my friends, now you’re invading my space?” Chiyoko crossed her arms; nearby tables of those you knew turning their attention to her. “Who do you think you are?”

“[Name],” Rika frowned,” we’re friends with everybody. Just let Amaya sit here and—”

“And what huh?” she stood. “Why should I?”

“That’s right!” Kairi nodded. “If [Name]’s uncomfortable with someone here, why should they get to sit?”

‘Why weren’t you like this when I first met you?’ you thought, shaking your head as Selphie continued.

“Yeah! If it were any one of you guys, [Name] would stand by your choice.”

“Just look at her,” Chiyoko stood and pointed. “That INNOCENT,” she emphasized, air quoting,” look is nothing but trouble.”

“The only one who’s making trouble here is you,” you narrowed your eyes, picking up the tray. “But since I want to avoid having a fight on my first day, I’ll spare you the trouble and go on my own accord.”

“Amaya,” Xion sighed with a frown. “You shouldn’t have to—[Name] doesn’t own the table. Besides, you’re here as our friend, not hers!”

“Maybe next time,” you smiled, turning away to the neighboring table.

However, as soon as you did, something soggy yet hard smacked against your back, making you freeze in place. Kei and Kai who were sitting with Ven and some other boys at the table you were going for stood immediately, Kei rushing towards you. He asked if you were alright, but no answer came from your lips as your fists clenched the handles of your black tray tightly, feeling the food slide down your back like slime before hitting the floor with a splat. You slammed your tray on the table where Zack and Axel sat, the two exchanging worried glances.

Head hanging, you glared at the floor, weighing your options. If you retaliate, it would be justified, but you would also gain many unwanted enemies of former friends. If you walked away, the whole thing escalating could be avoided, along with a trip to the principal’s office. But…the principal wasn’t here today so...

‘No, no, think rationally [Name]—RATIONALLY,” you scolded yourself from the thought of breaking the girl’s nose.

Making your decision to head off to the bathroom, you turned—another piece of food hitting you in front this time. It slid down just as the other had, staining the beige of your vest, and gray of your open blazer with greasy tomato sauce and melted cheese, falling on the floor in a wet splat. Your shocked gaze went from your uniform to Chiyoko who stood with a cocky smirk on her face and crossed arms, Kairi and Selphie giggling hysterically, the redhead having her phone out.

A sudden nerve inside you snapped when you heard the click from the phone’s camera, and you stomped over to Chiyoko, eyes fixated on her waiting figure. When you pulled your fist back to punch her, you were grabbed from behind and pinned against the wall by Ven, who then endured your angry growls, and struggles against him to get to your target. Zack and Axel then stepped in, the three of them clearly no match for you. But, since none of their words were getting through, Kei finally tried his hand at calming you down. When that didn’t work, he roared, the sound drained by all the voices in the cafeteria, going unnoticed.

“Hime! Calm down!” he hissed, shoving the boys who had been holding you back, away. “It’s all of them against you, you can’t expect to win—”

You didn’t let the ravenette finish as you pushed him aside and fled. Overcome with emotion, you ran out of the cafeteria and into the empty campus where students shielded themselves from the pouring rain by staying inside the buildings—the awning above the multiple paths not good enough to cover them especially from the wind.

***

“Shit!” Kei cursed, leaning his forehead against the wall with closed eyes, trying to control his breathing.

“What…just happened?” Sora asked, scratching the back of his head.

“You don’t know even though it was three feet away?” Vanitas rolled his eyes. “Okay idiot, lemme break it down for ya. [Name] just smashed two pizza slices on Amaya, Amaya tried to punch her, Zack, Venny boy and Axel stopped her, Kei tried talking sense into her, and now Kairi and Selphie have made viral the picture of pizza Amaya on Mooglet.”

“You did WHAT!?” Kei whirled around, glaring at the startled girls. “Take it down NOW!”

“S-Sure thing,” Selphie nodded hastily, nudging Kairi.

“Leave it,” Chiyoko frowned, turning to the ravenette with a pout. “C’mon Kei, you gotta admit, your friend is kinda…not wanted here.”

“Who said that?” Zack looked towards her, hands on his hips. “I don’t mind her company.”

“Yeah [Name],” Rika stood,” why are you being so…so mean to her?”

“I think…[Nickname]-chan may have some abandonment issues,” Natsu spoke. “You’re scared we won’t be your friends if a new person comes into this…group. I speak not only of this table, but of everyone who was with us six months ago. So, you detest Amaya for that reason, and for the fact she has been easily liked by a good handful of the boys—who, by the way, you cannot make up your mind on. Am I right, or am I right?” The pale haired teen smirked.

“…Shut up!” Chiyoko finally sneered, walking away from the table.

“Oh how I love psychology!” he clapped his hands.

***

After a while of running around the campus, you slowed to a walk and entered a hall—soaked by the rain with the food stains smeared across your clothes. You searched for a bathroom, and when finally finding one, rushed in. Thankfully, there was nobody inside, so you got to work on trying to remove the stains and drying yourself as best as you could. When nothing worked, and you only either smudged it more or made it fade, you sighed and leaned forward, looking at yourself in the mirror with your hands on the sink. They were red from crying, your emotion from the situation getting the better of you, weighing heavily along with the burden of the problem with memories you had to fix.

There were a few things proved from that little incident. One: Chiyoko would have indefinite support from the majority of people even when she was the wrongdoer. Two: you were outnumbered big time, and trying to fight her with everyone there would be like asking to get beat up yourself. Three: You weren’t the type to talk things through with your enemy, so maybe the fighting was worth it… This led to four: Oblivion had matured you into thinking things through, and with that, you began questioning yourself several times.

The bell for fourth period rung, and you dabbed your eyes with a drop of water before heading to your locker. Grabbing your backpack, you slung it across your torso and went towards the nearest directory to find literature with Luxord. When you did, and entered the classroom, rather early, you walked up to the teacher who looked at you curiously.

“Can I…help you?”

“I’m your new student,” you said, voice raspy,” A-Amaya Nochi.”

“Right,” the blonde nodded slowly, signing your slip. “Alright then, take a seat in the third row, last desk. I’ll be lecturing about story writing today so make sure you take sufficient notes.”

Nodding, you took the slip and went to the designated spot, setting your backpack down with your head on your arms which were folded on the desk, waiting as students filled the class. The seat in front of you was taken not long after, and the person who sat in it turned around, tapping your arm. You moved your head to look up at them wearily.

“I’m not in the mood to argue with you today Noctis,” you said, sitting up. “Turn around and leave me alone.”

“I was just going to ask if you were alright,” he mumbled, rolling his eyes.

“I’m breathing aren’t I?”

The ravenette sighed, turning around,” Well excuse me for being worried.”

The bell rang a minute later, and you found that in addition to Noctis, you also had the class with Zexion, who sat to your right, Larxene who sat in front of him, and Stella who sat at the younger prince’s left. Just as Luxord had said, you took notes on story writing during class, and he assigned a rough draft for a story that was due next week.

Finishing right on time, you asked Zexion for directions to mythic studies which he happily gave you after also asking if you were alright. You thanked him and went in said direction, Noctis catching up to you as soon as you turned the corner.

“Amaya wait I—”

“Noctis, I’m fine, alright?”

“Okay look, I know I’ve been a jerk—”

“Glad to hear it,” you sneered, quickening your pace.

“Would you let me finish?” he scoffed. “I just wanna say—”

“Noctis~!” Stella called, catching up to the two of you.

“Dammit!” he cursed, running a hand through his hair.

“Good luck,” you smirked, turning and entering Fai’s classroom.

Checking in with the teacher who was chatting online with Touya, you took a seat at one of the circular tables that seated five other people. Kazuki, Hope, Maqui, and Yuj were the four others who completed the table. Not much was said as the five of you waited for the bell, and you felt guilty about it, especially when Yuj forced on small talk.

Since the holidays were coming up, Fai talked about Santa Claus. Throughout then, he went onto the subjects of even the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy—explaining that not only was each of them unreal on Earth, but possibly in this universe as well. However, he could be mistaken, for what made them real was the people’s pure belief in them.

When the bell rang for your final class, you bid farewell to the boys as Fai called you over. He waited for each student to file out before going behind his desk and leaning forward with his palms on it. His blue eyes were concerned, and when he spoke, his voice came out softly.

“Amaya …what happened to you during lunch? Why do you look like you went through a food fight? You’re soaking wet too.”

“I-It’s nothing, really,” you scratched the back of your head. “Just…some stuff…”

“Stuff?” the blonde sighed, shaking his head. “Amaya I promised Aoi I’d look after you. If anyone is bothering you, you need to tell me—that goes for me being your guardian and teacher as well.”

You sighed,” [Name] threw food at me because I tried to sit at her table.”

“My [Nickname] did what!?” he gasped, the incoming students looking at him curiously.

“This is why I didn’t wanna say anything,” you mumbled.

“W-Why would she…Geez, Amaya I’m incredibly sorry on her behalf. She’s a good kid really,” Fai frowned. “I’ll talk to her—”

“That’s alright,” you shook your head, forcing a smile. “It was just a misunderstanding, Fai. I’m running late for training so—”

“Here,” he opened a drawer and scrawled on a post it note before handing it to you. “Leon doesn’t really care about notes, but just in case a moogle stops you, you have one. Have a good day Amaya.”

“Thank you,” you bowed, exiting the room as the bell rung.

Note in hand, you made way to the training ground after checking its whereabouts in the directory. Across the campus, you reached your destination after ten long minutes of incredibly slow walking and pondering—the rain stopping for the time being.

The training area was as big as a football field, located through a lone hall that was connected to the media building. The grass was a deep green and trimmed, students sparring on it. Some of them even practiced their shooting with the targets that were lined up on the left side. In addition to that, there were dummies and obstacle course equipment scattered across it.

You approached Leon who stood with crossed arms against the farthest brick wall, talking to another tall teen that was in front of him. With your gaze focused on the cloudy sky, you handed him the slip he was to sign and the note, the male that was with him, looking at you curiously.

“Are you okay kid? I know the sky’s pretty and all but if the sun decides to randomly shine, you might fry your brain in two seconds flat.”

That voice was none other than Wasurete’s, and you hastily turned to look at him. His hair had gotten longer, and his emerald eyes had hardened, showing no emotion behind them. When you didn’t answer and continued to stare in shock—even when Leon called to you returning the slip—he cocked an eyebrow, snapping in your face. You blinked, then turned to the brunette, shoving the piece of paper into your backpack.

“Hello~?” the ravenette waved in your face. “Did you hear me? My name’s Wasurete Higosha, I’m your assessor for the missions—I asked what your name was.”

‘You bastard! I can’t believe even you don’t remember me either!’ you thought in frustration.

“Excuse me?”

“She didn’t say anything,” Leon furrowed his eyebrows. “I know we have finals already, but I think you’re overdoing the studying.”

“Um…My name’s Amaya,” you finally spoke. “Amaya Nochi.”

“Wait what?” Wasurete turned to you. “Amaya Nochi? Seriously? Did you get that name from an anime or something?”

“No,” you crossed your arms,” why?”

“It means midnight rain of blood in Japanese—just thought you should know.”

“I think I would know the meaning of my own name,” you mumbled. “So what am I supposed to do?”

“In training we test our powers by sparring against one another in order to familiarize ourselves with them,” Leon began, motioning for you to follow him as he and Wasurete began walking. “Wasurete is here as an assessor which means he’ll be testing your ability to go on the afterschool extra credit missions. It’s basically what you do in training, only for a grade.”

“You can have your choice of demonstrating what you can do with your power, or have me pick someone for you to fight against,” Wasurete said, the three of you stopping in the middle of the field. “So which will it be?”

“I think I’ll fight someone,” you answered.

He smirked turning around and cupping his hands around his mouth,” [Name]! Hey! [Nickname], over here!”

Chiyoko looked away from talking to Yuffie and Rikku, grinning and running up to Wasurete, embracing him in a hug. “Aniki! What are you doing here?”

“I came to test Amaya for the missions,” he patted her back. “How’s your day been?”

“Pretty good,” she shrugged.

“Well, could you do me a favor and fight Amaya so I—”

“Hell yeah!” the pink haired girl pumped her fist in the air.

“Alright, everyone clear up!” Leon called. “We need space!”

The mass of students swept off to the side, encircling the grass by standing on its perimeters. Wasurete and Leon did the same as you and Chiyoko gave each boy your blazers then went off to stand across from one another on the horizontal—and shorter—length of the field. Both of you did a quick stretch, murmurs falling among the crowd.

“Ready!” the ravenette called.

“So Amaya, awesome first day of school huh?” Chiyoko called with a smirk.

“Get set!”

“Oh yeah!” you nodded, a sick smile slowly forming across your face.

“GO!”

“The time of my life!”

Chiyoko dashed for you, summoning her rope darts—now chain linked, the daggers at the end were made from stainless black metal. She swung one over her head and let the dagger cut through the air as it whizzed for you. Unsure if you should summon your katana, you rolled to the side and evaded, grabbing the metal blade as soon as it hit the grass floor, and pulled the girl to you. Surprised, she stumbled forward unwillingly and fell on her knees. From there, as she tried to get up, you ran for her and kicked her face—her neck snapping back as she fell.

Kicking the ground in a circular motion, you were the one to fall this time as Chiyoko got up and took you by the ankle, tossing you as far as she could. You in return slid against the wet grass, earning yourself more stains, only a nasty green color. As you got up, you were met by an attempt to be kicked in the face, but blocked the attack with your forearm which stung from the impact. You took the chance to push her onto the ground by hitting her chest with your elbow, then flipped over her falling body by using her shoulders as a cushion to do so, her body making a large thud against the grass.

The excessive amount of weight on her torso caused Chiyoko’s face to turn red as she endured the two second pain before shakily getting up. Again, she shot a rope dart towards you, and since you misinterpreted its angle, your leg was taken hostage, and you were pulled to her. Waiting until you were close enough, you put your hands on either side of your head and kicked her stomach as you flipped back, she letting go of the rope dart. Taking the chance to release yourself, you then dashed to the girl with her weapon in hand and jumped, lashed it towards her.

Chiyoko dodged the metal, and the dagger made way towards you again, where you pulled on the chains having her trip over them. From there, you attempted to stab her with the dagger when Wasurete’s voice yelled for you to stop. Freezing in place for a moment, you let out a breath to calm yourself and dropped the weapon on the floor, standing up from your crouched position as Leon and the ravenette made their way towards you.

“You pass,” Leon stated in a bored tone, handing you your things.

“[Name] what happened?” Wasurete frowned, dusting her off. “I thought you said you’ve been training.”

“I…may have been a little lazy,” she smiled unsurely.

He shook his head,” I knew it. Go to Aerith and ask her to heal your cuts—I’ll see you back at home.”

“Right,” Chiyoko nodded, heading off into the building.

“As for you—”

“I pass?” you grinned.

“Heck no! I asked you to spar, not attempt to kill my sister!” he crossed his arms.

“What?” Leon turned to his friend in shock. “You’re being so overprotective—Amaya obviously won. She didn’t even use her powers or weapon, that shows skill.”

“Skill? Hah!” the ravenette snorted. “Did you see her uniform? She doesn’t even know how to eat food!”

“For your information, your loving sister [Name] bashed me with pizza during lunch!” you snapped. “I haven’t eaten anything since breakfast! Do you have any idea how I feel!?”

“Oh yeah right! If there was a food fight, why isn’t anyone else dirty?”

“I never said it was a food fight now did I? I said she hit me with pizza!” you put your hands on your hips. “Listen, Leon—err—Squall—here is just as qualified to survey me. He’s the damn teacher of the class and I’m guessing one of the chaperones on the trips.”

“She’s right,” the brunette nodded. “If you don’t pass her I will. Wasurete I know [Name] is your sister, but what you’re doing right now is being biased and unfair. I’ll write in Amaya won, after all, it has to be filled in on the sign in paper for this class, and I have just as much authority as you do for that.”

‘Take THAT asshole,’ you thought, shuffling through your backpack before handing Leon the slip.

“Really!?” he turned to you, exasperated.

“I don’t understand why you keep yelling at her,” Leon shook his head, giving you the paper back.

“She called me an asshole!”

‘Douseiaisha~!’

“Now she called me gay!”

“I never said anything,” you crossed your arms, the bell ringing. “Anyways, thank you Squall,” you turned to him with a smile,” I’ll see you tomorrow.”

You made way to the main office where you returned the slip to an elderly woman that was sitting behind the desk rather than Angeal. After that, you headed off home, the rain beginning to fall once more, making you quicken your walk into a run. When you got home, you were soaked again, cursing yourself for not having an umbrella.

------------------------------------

Zoom: Study Hall Gossip

“Can you stop touching me!?” Noctis snapped, pushing Stella away after the girl—again—clamped herself onto his arm.

“Alright Noct, seriously?” the blonde huffed, sitting beside him as they entered Lulu’s class. “Just because I interrupted the little conversation—or should I say argument—between you and what’s her face, it doesn’t give you the right to be a jerk to me!”

“Yes it does! You’re annoying!”

“Argument?” Prompto spoke up from the other side of the ravenette with a frown. “Again?”

“With who?” Rikku turned to him from the front, Olette as well.

“Amaya,” he sighed.

“Actually, I was trying to ask her if she was alright after the whole incident with her and [Name] during lunch,” Noctis crossed his arms, leaning back in his seat.

“So you DO care about her!” Riku giggled. “You hate her so much you care! Just like Yuffie told Zero!”

“I agree,” Prompto nodded. “There’s still some good in you, Noct.”

“I DON’T care,” he glared. “[Name] could have thrown pies at her and I would’ve just watched. I just feel pitiful of the girl since today was her first day and all. Trust me—I’d rather not put up with her rude attitude hadn’t I felt that.”

“What’s princey rambling on about?” the silverette asked Stella as she and her boyfriend took their seats at the neighboring table.

“Just this new girl,” she grumbled. “Amaya or something like that.”

“Haven’t met her yet. But if [Name] hates her…maybe there’s something more to this girl.”

“Hm…never saw it that way,” Stella hummed.

Zoom: [Name]’s in Trouble

“Wasurete! Living room—NOW!” Fai yelled, he and Kurogane standing before the teens of the household who were sitting down on the couches and floor.

“What’s up?” he asked, coming down the stairs as he dried his hair.

“Do you know what your sister did to the new girl today!?” he asked, hands on his hips.

Before the ravenette could answer, Rika spoke,” She threw two slices of pizza at her—”

“Which I could have eaten,” Dante raised his hand.

“For no reason!”

“So there was no food fight,” he murmured.

“You KNEW about this?” Kurogane crossed his arms. “And you neglected to do anything about it?”

“I thought Amaya was just making stuff up cuz I said I wouldn’t pass her—”

“Even though she obviously beat [Name] up,” Raizo added.

“Okay, number one—[Name], I don’t know what to do with you anymore!” Fai huffed, turning the girl’s face towards him. “What you did today was a cry of attention—”

“Which you have so much of~,” Natsu sang.

“And it’s beginning to piss me off! It was Amaya’s first day here, and you completely ruined her experience. Number two—Wasurete, you need to get your sister thinking rationally here! From what these guys told me after I asked them, Amaya was going to sit with Rika and Xion for lunch—that was it!”

“Don’t forget you told Kairi to put the picture of it on Mooglet,” Nero noted.

“That too?” Kurogane sighed. “[Name], c’mon! What the hell has gotten into you? That’s a first stage form of cyber bullying! You push it too far and Vayne will have your ass in juvenile hall!”

“Ahem, if I may, I think I know what’s the cause to all this,” Natsu raised his hand. He explained to them exactly what he said at lunch, and when Chiyoko didn’t answer, he smiled in triumph. “See? I’m right!”

“…[Name], you’re going to a psychiatrist,” Fai finally decided after minutes had ticked by.

“Wasurete, I’m just plain disappointed in you right now,” Kurogane added, shaking his head.

P.O.V

Kei

I’m an idiot, such an idiot! Kudan? Hah! Yeah right—I just yelled at her! I should know better and see things the way [Name] is seeing them—not treat her like a five year old and scold her! Ugh, I’m disgusted with myself…

Leon

How could Wasurete be that unfair? I’m not familiar with Amaya just like everyone else, and I I’m still friends with [Name], but even I’ll admit she lost that one. He needs to accept that and move on. I mean, that’s what happens when you slack off.

Noctis

Well that didn’t work out so well did it? I try talking to Amaya and get scorned right off the bat. I honestly did want to know if she was alright. The way I’ve seen her since we first met was as this snappy and rude girl, but what happened at lunch today…I feel kinda bad for what I did before. I don’t know if I’ll ever apologize though—she irritates me at the same time with that attitude!

Wasurete (Bonus)

I know I’ve been studying a lot lately, but I’m pretty, pretty sure she called me a bastard, AND an asshole AND gay…It was so loud too—how could Leon NOT have heard it? Amaya Nochi—psh—just another brat!

------------------------------------

Author’s Note: I didn’t wanna end it there really, but this is already 9—almost 10—pages on word…I’ll have an Information Board post regarding a few things in this chapter later, so watch out for that. Thanks for reading~ :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 768 51
"Who's out there?" One of the men yelled. Of course only silence met them. I remained quiet and waited for the group to start moving again. "Maybe i...
382 27 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
903 31 14
Siri Snow-Heart last Dragonborn of Tamriel finds herself in the world of witches and Wizards . Will she learn to accept the fact that fate had made...