๐™จ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ โžช...

By alpaca_twin

SPENCER REBECCA BANNER WASN'T LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ANNOYANCE IN HER LIFE. BUT APPARENTLY PIETRO MAXIMOFF HAD... More

cast
.01
.02
.03
.04
.05
.06
.07
.08
.09
.1
1.00
1.1
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
epilogue
alt. ending
ANNOUNCEMENT
FINE LINES !

1.2

46K 1.8K 3.6K
By alpaca_twin

a/n : hiiii okay here's a chapter i think it's kinda cute 

anyways please vote, react, comment!

✰✰✰

SOMETIMES, IT FEELS LIKE SPENCER'S LIKE IS FILLED WITH "UNCOMFORTABLE."

Really, it does - just look at any of her interactions with her peers, her relationship with her dad, and this entire trip/stay in New York.

And today, it seemed, would be no exception.

Because of course, in this like billion-dollar facility where half the staff was highly trained and educated women, there was not a single pad/tampon/anything else to be found.

Half of Spencer wanted to blame Tony because something about not having basic necessities like this just seemed so to him. But she also knew that he didn't run SHIELD, and while he was rich, he didn't manage this building.

And the other half of Spencer? Brought her right to Wanda's bedroom door.

Yeah, yeah, okay, terrible idea, she knows. Because why would Wanda want to see her? Spencer had pretty much told Pietro "shut up, orphan boy!", and that wasn't exactly a great reflection on her behalf.

But what was Spencer's other option? Bruce? Absolutely not. Natasha? Spencer would rather sit in the bathroom all day.

So despite the absolute turmoil of her mind, Spencer decided to knock. And wait.

Then Wanda opened the door.

Spencer doesn't know what she's expecting, really, but it most certainly wasn't for Wanda to smile at her. Like actually smiling, like Spencer hadn't just obliterated any chance she had of getting along with her twin.

"Spencer," Wanda said. "How are you?"

"F-fine," she managed, shoving her hands into her sweater because it was always freezing in the compound. "I don't want to bother you, I-I just, I need-"

And on the script - Spencer's life became more incredibly uncomfortable, as none other than Pietro Maximoff showed up from around the door.

He scanned Spencer once. Then twice. His face was completely blank as he did so, and Spencer just stood there, frozen, as Wanda glanced between the two of them.

Pietro finally looked away from Spencer, and down to Wanda, holding a bundle of black cloth in her face.

"Stop taking my sweaters," he told her, and Wanda rolled. "Ask Stark if you want more."

"Sorry about him," Wanda excused, as Pietro's eyes went back to Spencer, and here's went literally anywhere else. "He seems to think his clothes are being stolen. I told him to ask Peter-"

To his sister, he replied, "The boy won't admit to it," Glancing down at Spencer, Pietro said, irritatedly, "What do you want?"

"Don't be a dick," Wanda scolded him, but then looked down to Spencer expectantly.

Well, shit.

"I uh," Spencer stammered, her hands going further into her sweater, and her body just about seizing, "I wanted to ask whe-where I could get-" God, Pietro was staring right at her, his stupid quirked eyebrow, and Spencer couldn't breathe.

And then finally she could again. It was like a wave of...something crashed through her. Spencer wasn't going to complain, though, because she finally looked Pietro in the eye and said the word, "Tampons."

Yeah. Yeah. And she said it confidently too - like she had something to prove.

"Or pads," she added, her eyes flickering down to Wanda, who was nodding. "Anything, really."

"I have come in here," she said, then turned around, shoving Pietro aside as she went further into her room.

Spencer tried not to look at Pietro, but his eyes were practically burning her. Maybe she should apologize, now. Just get it off her chest, and she'd feel tons better, and Pietro, well, even if didn't forgive her, at least she'd be done with this whole thing.

Just as she looked up to apologize, Pietro noted, "So that's why you were such a bitch."

Spencer could not believe this guy. She actually felt bad - like really bad! And then he says this? Which is...is completely... a lot of words that Spencer can't think of in the heat of anger. She does know one thing - all chances of an apology? Out the window.

"Stop being a douche, and then you can call me a bitch," Spencer shot back, her eyes glaring at Pietro. Just as she said that Wanda had reappeared with a bag for her, and was staring at the two of them, half concerned.

"Thanks," Spencer muttered, nodding over at Wanda before sending another glare to Pietro, and stomping off.

As she turned down the hallway, Spencer could hear Wanda yell, "You are terrible, 'Etro!"

✰✰✰

SPENCER WAS SITTING IN THE LABS, WORKING ON HER STUPID CALCULUS 3 ASSIGNMENT.

She wished she'd taken literally any other class, because what was she thinking with this crap? It was like she was staring at hieroglyphics, but unlike ancient Egypt, this was not interesting, at all.

Peter Parker looked over at an irritated Spencer Banner cautiously.

The two of them had been in this room together for a while, and the only time either of them spoke was when Spencer asked where her dad was, and Peter replied that he had to go into a meeting.

Spencer could tell that Peter was uncomfortable. And staring at her, so after about the fifth minute, she finally looked up at him. "What?"

"A-are you okay?"

Shit. Of course, he'd ask that. Because Spider-Man or not, Peter Parker was a kid, and a science genius and he definitely understood the idea of genetics. He probably thought she was gonna kill him or something.

"I-I just," he stated again. "You were upset with me, last time, and now you're not talking to me, so - are you okay?"

Spencer's face softened. Her heart sank. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," she promised, even going as far as to offer him a smile, because she was just feeling really terrible. "Just stressed."

"Y-" Peter started, then hesitated. He'd gone too far, though, because Spencer's eyes were on his. "You should know, I'm really sorry," he sputtered out, and Spencer just blinked. "I was just trying to listen to Mr.Stark, and honestly, I didn't get why they didn't just tell you-"

"Peter," Spencer cut off. "It's fine. Really. It's not your fault."

"But, uh, Peter?" she called, and the boy's head snapped over like he was waiting for her to say something. Spencer settled her arms on the desk, leaning forward as she said, "I do need your help with something."

Peter's eyes immediately dropped over to her paper of scratch work.

Spencer's nose scrunched. "Not my that," she muttered, shoving away her work. She wasn't a genius, but she definitely didn't need a sophomore doing her homework. "I need you to tell me what's going on with my dad. And Natasha Romanoff."

Spencer was certain she'd never seen this kid, in the weeks she'd been here, so uncomfortable. He visibly tensed, and Spencer suddenly felt bad.

She almost retracted the statement, but she needed to know.

"I feel like I'm intruding," she blattered out suddenly, which, to her knowledge, wasn't true. At all. "And I don't wanna be weird and ask Bruce, so I just figured...."

Well, that definitely worked on Peter, true or not. His features softened, and he nodded, and he turned more in his stool to face Spencer.

"I think they are dating," he admitted, his eyes darting to the door to make sure no one was listening. "Natasha's usually with him, your dad, after most missions, and they're kinda always together-"

That's all Spencer needs to hear. She just needed to know she wasn't going crazy or being completely rude for no reason.

Not that she would openly admit she was rude.

"Thanks, Peter," she said softly, and Peter smiled at her, then nodded down at her work.

✰✰✰

"WHAT, UH, WHAT'S THAT?"

Banner looked up at Spencer, who was sitting on the lab table right next to him, eating from a strawberry yogurt container.

Bruce glanced down at his work for a second, and then replied, "It's a medical thing."

"What kind of medical thing?" Spencer pressed, moving over slightly to get a better look at the piece in front of her. It was electrodes with these...these sticker pads? They all connected to wires which feed into a monitor.

"It's a medical thing," Bruce repeated, taking off his glasses and squinting up at Spencer who was still preoccupied with her yogurt. "That I, uh, have to use. On you."

That was enough to make Spencer freeze. Her shoulders tightened instantly, and her teeth gritted against the spoon in her mouth before she had the common sense to take it out.

"On me?" she practically choked out. Bruce nodded. "I'm not sick," she excused like it really mattered. "I'm great, actually - you don't have to- yeah, uh, no, um- that's not-"

Spencer choked on her own words, staring at Bruce wide-eyed.

"Spence," he said slowly, finally, watching his daughter cautiously. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she promised, moving her head. "I definitely don't need... whatever that is."

"It doesn't hurt," Bruce promised her softly, and Spencer just blinked at him. She'd heard that voice before - Bruce's doctor's voice. Sure, it helped with scratched knees and splinters, but Spencer was not looking at a freaking band-aid right now.

"Dad," Spencer said, very calmly. Her finger pointed at the monitor and the machine and the wires. "That is not touching me."

"Okay, Spence-"

"Nope," Spencer denied instantly, with a shake of her head. "Seriously, dad, not a freaking chance."

Bruce studied Spencer for a second like he was waiting for her to come to her senses, but when Spencer didn't budge, he sighed and looked back down to the setup.

Relieved, Spencer looked away, glancing at the door, where she caught sight of something slightly concerning.

Pietro Maximoff with a very, very, bloody hand.

Spencer almost spits out her yogurt, absolutely disgusted, and her reaction did not go unnoticed by Bruce, or Pietro.

Bruce's attention shot to the door, and instantly, he was on his feet and rushing towards the door.

Spencer slid off the countertop, stepping back awkwardly as Bruce guided Pietro into the room, sitting him on one of the stools.

Spencer could hear Pietro telling Bruce lowly, "I don't know what happened, it came out of nowhere, and I-I-"

Pietro's eyes instantly shot up to Spencer, who almost took a step back at the force of his stare.

Pietro looked almost...angry. Spencer couldn't really tell what he was feeling, but his jaw was set, and his cheating was rising and falling rapidly.

Bruce glanced back at his daughter, who was staring at Pietro's bloody hand now, terrified.

"Spence," Bruce's sharp voice snapped her out of her daze. "Reach into the cabinet, right there - yeah, grab the red box."

Spencer muttered something that was similar to an agreement, and reached for the said box, and handed it to Bruce immediately.

He shook his head, shoving the box back to her. "Open it up," he directed, and Spencer did so, feeling Pietro's stare on her as her fingers tumbled a bit. "Pull out - it should look like a sticker sheet," he offered as a description.

Pietro let out a grimace of pain as Bruce wiped the blood from his hand. Spencer was quick to hand him the sheet.

"Grab the syringe," Bruce directed, and Spencer did so, holding it out for him. But Bruce never accepted. "Get to my side," he said, and Spencer shuffled over. "Alright, position it right above the elbow - no, higher, okay, to your left, perfect."

"W-what now?" Spencer demanded, her eyes peering into Bruce's.

He paused a second. "Well, give him the shot," he told her, and instantly, he could sense her panic. Pietro let out a groan. "Spence, it's just a small pain reliever, you can - it's fine, Spence, I'm right here. Just do it."

Spencer nodded. Okay, okay, she could totally do this, right here, and right now. She wasn't afraid - if anything, this was totally Bruce's license on the line, and Pietro probably wouldn't die.

Taking a breath, Spencer readjusted herself.

"Try not to kill me," Pietro mumbled, and Spencer felt a heat creeping up her neck. She really did want to punch him - injured or not.

But with Bruce in the room, Spencer just scoffed, and pressed the needle in, harshly.

Pietro let out a small sound of discomfort, but after the initial shot, he seemed to not feel as much. Bruce fixed him up, and thankfully, Spencer was promised much smaller tasks after that, and for a few minutes, they worked in tandem.

Then Bruce had to excuse himself to get a few more materials, and it was just Spencer and Bruce.

Pietro eyed Spencer, who was staring ahead, and down at her shoes.

"I didn't expect you to be with Bruce," he noted after a moment, and Spencer just shrugged. Since Spencer didn't react, he added, "I thought you'd be wallowing in loneliness, as always."

Spencer considered getting mad, but then she decided not to. He wasn't worth it. Instead, she muttered, "Isn't there a medical wing?"

Pietro shrugged. "I don't go," he said shortly. "I don't..." he trailed off, and Spencer looked up at him, which was enough to get him to finish his sentence. "I don't go to Stark's men. I don't trust them."

Spencer blinked. She didn't get it, not really, but there were tons of things Spencer didn't get, so what was one more?

Her relaxed approach did not seem to match Pietro's. His own words made him all... tense. His shoulders, his jaw, his... hand. The force of his fist was enough to rip off the stitch stickers, and Spencer gulped down at it.

Pietro followed her eyes down to his hand and pulled it away.

Spencer diverted her eyes.

After a second of impenetrable silence, Pietro murmured, "You don't like blood."

Spencer shook her head, scrunching her nose, and looking up at Pietro. "I-what?"

"You do not like blood," he repeated, his eyes searching Spencer's face. "It bothers you. You look sick."

Great. Great. Here Spencer was, sitting in front of an Avenger who got hurt, probably doing Avenger superhero business, and they were talking about her feelings about blood regarding his injury.

"I'm fine with it," Spencer muttered in defense, even though she couldn't get her words to settle her stomach or her head.

Pietro said nothing, but turned away, placing his other hand on top of the injured one.

The silence consumed them until Bruce came back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 7.7K 20
Zari is the little sister Maximoff twins. While the twins followed hydra and believed everything they said and did everything they were told. Zari ne...
149K 5K 32
๐–๐Ž๐‘๐Š ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‘๐“ โ Well, duh. It comes with unfrozen ninety-year olds and emotional teenage ...
79.8K 2K 30
Tony Stark never knew he had a child until a 16 year old girl named Sky comes knocking on his door. Sky has to learn to be Tony Starks daughter, livi...
345K 8K 17
A Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver love story. Have you sometimes felt ... different. Like you weren't normal. Aurora James has always found that people w...