Garden | j. green

By humansunflower

in which it was first all a bet to him or in which she learns vulnerability More

GARDEN
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
EPILOGUEοΏΌοΏΌ
authors note

043

4.3K 224 53
By humansunflower

february 5th, 2020
7:22 pm

FLOWERS.

Everywhere Noelani looked in her bedroom, there was no area that wasn't entire covered by a mixed bouquet of bright crimson roses and lavender hydrangeas.

And it honestly made Noelani want to cry again.

But she couldn't cry in front of her friends so instead she chose anger.

"What the fuck..." Noelani trailed off as she led Sydney and Jasmine further into the room, a cup of Chick-fil-A lemonade in her hand and Blue and Cinnamon at her heels.

Sitting on her bed was the biggest bouquet, a hundred and forty four at least.

Propped up neatly against the vase was an already made card covered in red and pink hearts.

'Words can't describe how sorry I am for breaking your trust. I'll do whatever it takes to earn your trust and earn your love back. I love you. - JG aka Kid aka Lovebug'

She let out a scoff before turning to the two girls behind her, crumbling the card in her hand and tossing it onto the floor.

"Do the two of you want to tell me how he got this shit into my house considering I never gave him a key?" Sydney and Jasmine glanced at each other.

Noelani put her hands on her hips and stuck her neck out. "Y'all don't seemed surprised about the flowers."

Sydney and Jasmine only glanced at each other in silence.

"Hellooooo! Speak!"

"Okay! So, we might've talked to Erin while you were taking a nap a couple of days ago and got a copy of a key." Jasmine inquired sheepishly.

"Jas..." Noelani rubbed her brow, glancing around at all the flowers. "You know what? It doesn't even matter. I'm tossing all of them."

"No, Noel, you can't!" Jasmine cried out.

"And why not?" Noelani replied.

"Because... Because..." Jasmine looked to Sydney for aide.

"Because they were expensive." Sydney pointed out, triumph in her voice.

"Yeah?" With that, Noelani strode over to the stand where a lamp was positioned on her desk and pushed over the vase in front of it.

The flowers and the vase crashed to the floor and the water was spreading itself on the floor making Jasmine and Sydney jump back in bewilderment.

"I'm not ready to forgive him. I don't want his fucking flowers, I want him to leave me alone. If you know anyone who wants dusty ass roses, tell them to hit my line."

Noelani took the flowers positioned on her bed and placed them on the floor.

"Uh, Imma call Coleman to come get us. See you at school tomorrow." Jasmine stated then closed the door behind the two girls.

Noelani sighed then flopped onto her back, feeling the mattress shake slightly underneath her.

The smell of roses would be imbedded into the oxygen in her bedroom for a while.

She had basically fell in love in this room and now she couldn't enter it without thinking about the boy who had broken her heart.

Tears started to stream down her face, sickening Noelani.

I'm so damn tired of crying over this dumb ass.

Noelani's sobs started to fill the room as she turned onto her side.

"Noel?" Erin lightly knocked on the bedroom door, "Noel, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Noelani called back in a thick voice.

"I'm coming in." Erin said then the knob turned and the blonde woman walked into the room.

Erin put one hand on her swollen pregnant abdomen, looked around at the flowers, the water and the broken glass and then finally at Noelani and her pets on the bed, "Are you okay?"

"Um..." Noelani wiped her left eye, "I guess so." She replied quietly.

"I'm sorry about letting them out flowers in here. I noticed that you were sad so I thought that they would help but...." Erin said, "You can talk to me. Heartbreak is definitely something I understand."

"I just.... I miss him. I wanna talk to him but I just... I can't bring myself to. I can't even go anywhere without being reminded of him. I can't go to school, I can't be here in this house, I can't even look at my friends without thinking of him and I'm so sick of it." Noelani sat up on the bed.

Blue put her head in Noelani's lap and she began to lightly rub the dog's head.

Erin sighed, "I think you know what you need to do but you're too afraid to say it."

Noelani glanced at Erin from the bed, "I've asked about a hundred times since I came here. He's gonna say no."

"What if I told you that he already said yes?" Erin asked, withdrawing a plane ticket from her sweatpants pocket.

Noelani stared at Erin in surprise, "Huh?"

"We talked about it and with this coronavirus thing getting crazier and crazier, school going virtual in a couple of days, now would be the best time to do it." Erin passed the plane ticket to Noelani.

Sure enough, the date on the ticket read for February 8th, early in the morning.

"Wow. Um... Thank you. I appreciate it. A lot." Noelani said in a sheepish tone.

Erin sighed and moved to sit on the bed, "I know that we haven't been the closest but I'm hoping that can change."

Noelani's lips quirked up a little, "Yeah, maybe it can."

Her eyes fell on Erin's stomach, "Have you chosen a name?"

"Yeah. Theodore Isaiah or Theo for short." Erin explained

Noelani nodded approvingly, "I'm glad that the baby can't be named after me."

"Yeah, looking back. That was a dumb thing to say." Erin snickered then stood up, "I think you should start packing."

Erin moved to leave the room but Noelani cleared her throat, "When... When the baby comes, will you send me pictures and stuff? Can I meet him?"

Erin grinned at Noelani, "Of course."

Noelani grinned back and Erin closed the door behind her.

As soon as the locks clicked Noelani stood and moved to her closet to begin packing.

To begin with a fresh start.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 203 15
(𝘯.) 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘀𝘡 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘢; 𝘒 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘡𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦π˜₯ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 LUVVMARIEE PRODUCTIONS
5.7K 401 9
IN WHICH a group of singles come together on a beautiful island and go through all the obstacles of finding love. Β©NINIIVERSEℒ️