The Vampire Next Door

Av rachel2k22

He had spent centuries with only himself for company, he fed, tortured and killed that was his life and he li... Mer

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter twleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three (FINAL CHAPTER)
Info for new story

Chapter Nine

431K 13.8K 3K
Av rachel2k22

Chapter Nine.

Seth’s hands froze on her legs and he stared into her eyes, “Isn’t this what you want?”

She nodded her head, and then shook it she didn’t know what she wanted and he certainly didn’t he was blowing hot and cold so much that she couldn’t work out whether he wanted to kill her, or kiss her. She sighed in relief at the welcome interruption of Marcus strolling into her bedroom.

Marcus raised his eyebrows at the compromising position that they were in and smirked at Seth, “What do we have here?”

Seth seemed to come to his senses and jumped off the bed and threw the sheets back over her, so that Marcus couldn’t see anything and then he turned to face him furious for the unwanted interruption.

“Let's go,” he said gripping Marcus’s arm and dragging him from the room.

Paige glared at the retreating vampires and grabbed her dressing gown pulling it on and chasing after them, she needed to know what he wanted from her, but by the time she got to the bottom of the stairs they were no where to be seen.

Marcus was annoyed that he had walked in on them if he had just left it a while longer then Seth would have no doubt claimed her. Seth was silent as they made their way into the town centre to hunt, and Marcus thought it better not to question him. He stopped abruptly when the scent of the demon he had been tracking hit him, he was close by and it looked like his plan to feed was over as he started to follow the scent.

“Where are you going the bars are this way,” Seth said frowning at Marcus who was walking towards the old church that stood in the centre of town. Seth shuddered as he followed Marcus into the church, it was a beautiful church and Seth could remember when it had been built, but now it was looking old and tired the bricks crumbling, leaving it looking neglected.

He raised his eyebrows at the sight of a man on his knees, kneeling at the foot of the cross, pleading and muttering incoherently. “What are we doing here?” Seth asked, as they approached the figure.

Marcus nodded his head to the man that had his back to him and Seth glared at him, so he read his thoughts again deciding it was easier than trying to get an answer out of him. He smirked after he had read his thoughts and walked around to the front of the steps and looked down at Zak.

“He won’t help you,” Seth said motioning to the stained glass window depicting Jesus.

Zak’s head shot up and he looked at Seth with fear and then anger as he fought against the demon that was taking over his body and mind. He had come to the church in hope that it would stop the demon, but it seemed to make him angrier.

“If that demon leaves you now you will die anyway,” Marcus informed him standing next to Seth. He knelt down and pressed his hand to Zak’s head and muttering in Latin.

Zak slumped down against the steps and then rose up again, but this time it wasn’t Zak that was talking it was the demon inside him, he was weak from being in the church which meant he couldn’t attack.

“Ipes what do you want with the girl?” Marcus asked looking into the black eyes of the demon.

“Her soul is pure,” he rasped with a smirk.

That angered Seth, he hated demons but this one was strong and he couldn’t attack it when he was at an unfair advantage, because all hell would break loose, quite literally.

“You and I both know that you can’t possess another unless the body you have taken over dies.” Marcus told him, he was standing in front of Seth making sure he wasn’t going to attack in temper.

“That’s why I’m going to claim her,” He said standing up.

Marcus held Seth back as he felt his anger rising, he was going to pounce on him and kill him for what he had said.

“You will do nothing of the sort!” he roared launching at him, but Marcus held him back with great difficulty as the younger vampire's anger seemed to build to heights that he had never seen before.

Ipes smirked at Seth’s outburst, so she was his mate, he wasn’t sure at first, but now he had just confirmed it and it was time for revenge. The demon that had attacked Paige, the one that Seth had killed was Ipes’s sister and he wanted to make Seth feel the pain he had felt.

Seth was fuming as Marcus held him back and allowed the demon to leave the church in one piece. The second the church door closed Seth slammed Marcus into the cross making it wobble and fall with a loud thud onto the dusty floor of the church.

“You let it go!” he shouted, “Why are you helping it?”

“I’m not helping it, we both know you can’t attack it when it is defenceless you will bring more our way, do you really want to start a war!” Marcus hissed pushing Seth away from him and smoothing his shirt back down.

He couldn’t have cared less if it started a war, he wanted them to come, because he would enjoy killing each and every one of them. There was nothing he liked more than watching them die, sending them back to the depths of hell where they belonged.

“Let them come, see if I care!” he snapped, pacing around the church.

“You’re a fool, you think it will be easy, you think that they will be weak? You’re more of an idiot than I thought. Ipes is one of the most powerful demons from hell and you think that killing him will be brushed aside, you can’t even begin  to understand the trouble you will cause!” Marcus bellowed.

This was what aggravated him about Seth, he didn’t think before he acted, he never had, there had been so many times over the years when he had killed witches for no reason, luckily for him Marcus had covered his scent and the witches never find out, because if they had known what he had done they would have been hunted down and cursed.

“You have put my mate in danger now, how can I protect her during the day!” he yelled kicking the font over, Marcus hissed as some of the holy water splashed on his skin burning him.

Suddenly an idea hit Seth and he hunted around the church for some sort of container, he finally found a vial in a box underneath the stand where the priest stood and with great pain tipped some of the water into it. He grimaced as the water burnt his fingers and Marcus twisted his face as he watched him, his burnt skin already healing.

“Well you’re not actually as stupid as you look,” he mocked.

Seth dropped the vial into his pocket and bit his lip in agony as his scorched fingers started to heal.

“It won’t stop him but it will weaken him right?” Seth asked hopefully.

Marcus nodded, if you couldn’t bring the girl to the church, take the church to the girl he thought watching his friend as he blew on his burnt hand.

“You really care for her don’t you?”

“No!” Seth spat.

Marcus rolled his eyes, he was a terrible liar no vampire would burn themselves with holy water for no reason, many wouldn’t even do it for a mate. It was an excruciating kind of pain, it was one of the only things  that was true about vampires, holy water was dangerous although it would take a large amount to kill one, but it was good enough to stun them. As for crucifixes, stakes and garlic that was just some nonsense dreamt up by some idiot in Hollywood.

“We need to go, the sun will be rising soon,” Marcus said walking to the door and opening it.

Seth stormed out of the church, intent on getting the holy water to Paige before the sun rose. They got to Paige’s house and Marcus went back into Seth’s house and waited for him, he was secretly hoping that Seth might claim her in temper. 

Seth was pissed off to find that she still hadn't locked her front door and this time she hadn't locked the bedroom door either he pushed the door open and walked over to her bed, he nudged her gently.

She screamed when she saw him and what she did shocked him to the core as she thrust the stake right through his chest. Seth stumbled backwards and leaned against the wall, with the stake sticking out of his chest. Paige’s eyes widened in horror at what she had done, she had no idea why she had done it, she hadn’t even realised she had the stake in the bed with her. She jumped up from the bed and rushed over to him, touching the stake that was protruding from his bleeding chest and gasped, he shoved her away with an angry huff as she attempted to remove it.

“I didn’t mean it,” she told him with her hand over her mouth in disbelief.

Seth wrapped his hand around the stake and ripped it from his chest with a gasp, “That wasn’t very nice!” he growled.

“You’re still alive!” she said in amazement, not that she wasn’t glad she hadn’t even meant to hurt him.

“Sorry to disappoint you love, but stakes don’t kill vampires, that doesn’t mean it didn’t hurt though!” he hissed, he couldn’t believe she had tried to kill him.

He prowled towards her angrily and grabbed her around the throat, lifting her off the ground, mate or not she had attacked him and to say he was angry would have been an understatement. It was a natural instinct to fight back even though he could kill her so easily.

“I should snap that pretty little neck of yours,” he whispered menacingly, then he released her.

She dropped onto the soft carpet at his feet, holding her throat and crawling towards the bed. She tried to ease herself up, but dropped back to the floor trying to catch her breath. Seth watched her and made no attempt to help her as she cowered away from him, he could hear her heart pounding and for a moment he almost felt guilty. He frowned as he saw the light creeping through the curtains, he couldn’t leave now, it was too light outside to go anywhere.

She must have realised as well and glared at him, “Go!”

“You know I can’t do that,” he yelled he didn’t want to be stuck in her house either.

“Great, so I’m stuck in here with you until tonight!” she yelled.

“Get over it, go and do whatever it is you do during the day!” he spat sitting on her bed.

“You aren’t sleeping in my bed!” she told him, even though she was secretly wishing she could sleep in the bed with him.

Seth opened his jacket pocket and pulled out the vial of holy water and dropped it onto the bed, he wasn’t going to tell her about Zak he didn’t want to frighten her.

“Is your gardener coming today?” he asked, as she got up and edged her way around the room finally sitting on a chair in front of the mirror.

“No,” she sighed in relief, she wouldn’t really want to explain why she had a man sleeping in her bed.

She looked through the mirror towards the bed and span around on the chair when she didn’t see him, had he left? She was surprised to see him still on the bed and again looked in the mirror.

“I have no reflection,” he said stretching out on her bed.

Paige turned to look at him, she blushed as he pulled his shirt over his head revealing his broad chest and tight stomach, she noticed a scar across his stomach and frowned.

“How did that happen,” she asked, motioning to the scar on his stomach.

Seth looked down and realised what she was talking about, it had happened the night he became a vampire, the night  Marcus introduced him to the life he now lived.

He could still remember that fateful night, as if it had just happened. It had been a cold winter’s night in the year seventeen twenty-three, he had been on his way to the local doctor in need of his help. His younger sister was terribly ill, she was running a high fever and he was the only one who could take her into the town as his father was dead, and his mother had to stay at home to look after his six other siblings. The snow was coming down heavily and their carriage became stuck in the deep snow, he left her in the carriage and promised he would be back with help, she was too ill to make the journey by foot, but he was young and strong and the town was close by.

 It was on his journey into the town when he had been attacked by a highwayman, he wanted his money, the money he had saved up to pay for his sister's treatment. He fought the man with everything he had, but was stabbed and left for dead, he had no idea how long he had been in the snow freezing and bleeding, but he knew death was close. He just hadn’t realised that death was in the form of Marcus and the end he was hoping for was not the end he was going to get.

It was in his last moments that he remembered seeing a figure emerge from the forest, he was almost hopeful, relieved that he had been found but as the man came into view that relief left him. Marcus knelt down next to Seth and tilted his neck to the side, the smell of his blood had drawn him to him. He lifted him off the ground and bit down into his neck, Seth was too weak to fight him, he had given up, he had nothing left. The pain of his fangs sinking into his skin, made him forget the pain in his stomach, and then he blacked out.

When he came to, he couldn’t see anything it was so dark and as he moved his hand it hit something. He felt around him and it was then that he realised he was in a coffin, but he wasn’t dead he thought frantically banging on the lid of the coffin. The sound of the coffin being opened stopped him and he froze, not knowing what to expect, his scream was stifled as a hand covered his mouth and he was ripped from the coffin and thrown roughly to the floor. Blindly he tried to get away, but his eyes wouldn’t adjust to the light in the room, he felt cold hands on his back and then a sharp pain in his stomach had him writhing around on the floor in agony. The pain lasted for days until one day he woke feeling different, strong, renewed and with a hunger that set his teeth on edge, a hunger that made him do something that would haunt him for the rest of his life.

“Seth?” Paige whispered bringing him back round from his flashback.

“Hmm?” he murmured, he held his head in his hands for a moment as he saw the faces of his brothers and mother flash through his mind.

She had watched him as he spaced out after her question and wondered what he was thinking about, she was observing his face as his fangs elongated and then retracted and at times she saw pain wash across his handsome features.

“Are you alright?” she asked in concern, she nearly laughed at her tone she was actually worried about him.

He nodded and carried on undressing still not answering her question about the scar, it had been a long time since he had thought about his human life, or about his family, the family that he had murdered.

Vote, Comment, Fan :)

Just a quick note for you to check out another story on here by JamieArnold1989 it's called Legend  of the Vampires if you are a fan I will post a link to it :)

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

33.2K 1.2K 32
It's your 1 year anniversary with Jack. You were so excited for tonight! He was keeping it a secret, where you were going, and no matter how many tim...
1.4K 7 12
Hoping to shake this human off once and for all, I twisted my body around rapidly with a plan to put my words into action. When I was on my way to pu...
805K 36.4K 20
The man looked me up and down, his red eyes staring through me."You... Are a werewolf." "So I've noticed" The man scowled, his lips pulling back rev...
4.8M 150K 39
I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for pain but nothing happen. He froze smelling me. He pulled away with his eyes wide. He looked my over in shock and...