A Bender With a Gift |BOOK 1|...

By ItsMeFoxie02

Cover made by me! ______________________ Ayira has been bestfriends with korra since she was born. They click... More

Introduction!
"Chapter 1"
"Chapter 2"
"Chapter 3"
"Sorry"
"Chapter 4"
"Chapter 5"
"Chapter 6"
"Chapter 7"
"Chapter 8"
"Chapter 9"
"Chapter 10"
"Chapter 11"
"Chapter 12"
"Chapter 13"
"Chapter 15"
"Chapter 16"
"Chapter 17"
"Chapter 18"
"Chapter 19"
"Chapter 20"
"Chapter 21"
"Chapter 22"
"Chapter 23"
"Chapter 24"
"Chapter 25"
"Chapter 26"
"Chapter 27"
"Chapter 28"
"Chapter 29"
" IMPORTANT! "
"Chapter 30"
"Chapter 31"
!¡ Author's Note ¡!
"Chapter 32"
"Chapter 33"
"Chapter 34"
"Chapter 35"
¡!Important!¡

"Chapter 14"

1.9K 57 0
By ItsMeFoxie02

Just because I let you all wait for two days here is the second chapter for today!

*********

I woke up with the light of the sun shining in my room. For some reason I felt like it will be a calming day. I walked down the stairs and looked at the clock only to see that it's already afternoon.

Why did nobody wake me up.. I missed lunch. God dangit thats always the best part of the day..

When I walked into the dinning room there was nobody to be found. The next room that I looked was the Kitchen where I saw Pema doing the dishes. She turned her head to look at me a sweet smile appearing on her face.

'Hello Sleepyhead. Have you slept good?' She asked with a small chuckle.

'Yeah, why did nobody wake me up tho?' I asked with curiousity.

'Well Tenzin said that you needed some rest so we let you take the rest that you needed.'

'Thats so sweet of you all.. but-'

'Don't worry your food is untouched.' She said with a grin knowing very well what I was gonna ask. A small chuckle left my mouth. She pointed to the bowl in the corner.

'Thanks Pema. Your the best!'

'I just look out for you because you won't do it yourself.' She said in a motherly tone.

'Well your still the best in doing that.' I said with a smile.

'That's sweet of you to say. Now get some food inside your tummy.' She said back with a returning sweet smile.

When I was done with eating I walked to the kitchen and cleaned my bowl that I used. Pema had enough to do in this temple and having three kids is just exhausting.

She also layed down a lot because she was just a few weeks or maybe a few days away from giving birth to her fourth child. I myself could not imagine Pema having four kids but she choose it herself with Tenzin.

Tenzin was already so busy with 3 kids and now a fourth kid is coming. Pema on the other hand hoped that it was not gonna be a bender. I walked outside and saw Tenzin talking with Meeko and Ikki who were sitting in a red car.

Probably another gift from Tarrlok. Looks like he didn't get my message at all. Beside the red car stood a blue one.

What would Korra have to do with two cars? Kinda weird but to be honest Tarrlok is weird so nothing special at all..

I turned around to see Korra practising some moves for airbending. She was getting really good at it but the airbending itself just won't show up..

I walked to her and heard some footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Tenzin.

'So you're finally awake.'

'Yeah finally.' I said with a chuckle.

'By the way why are there two cars?' I asked with confusement taking over me.

'I'm just as confused as you are. Maybe you should ask Korra about it.' He said to me and I nodded.

We both walked up to Korra and I wanted to open my mouth but was beaten by Tenzin.

'I see Tarrlok's gifts are getting more and more extravagant. Not even one but two cars.'

'Yeah that guy doesn't know how to take "No" for an answer.' She said with an exhausted tone.

'-And also Ayira the blue car is for you. Looks like I'm not the only one that he wants in his task force.' My eyes widened.

Is he for real right now? I attacked him last night. Threatening him to stop with bothering Korra and now he bothers me too?

Korra acted a little bit different and I was not the only one who caught the sudden mood swing.

'Korra, are you.. doing all right?' Tenzin said with a little bit of worry in his voice.

'Yeah, I'm fine.' She said again in a kind of exhausting tone. The energy that she always had was just not there at the moment.

Tenzin sat down on the stairs.

'Why don't you take a break?' Tenzin said to her and suggested her and me to sit with his hand

We both sat down and knew that he had some wise thing to say again.

'I'm glad you turned down Tarrlok.' He began.

'Yeah me too. His such a pain in the ass.' I said with a hint of irritation.

'Let me talk Ayira.' He said to me and looked down with a serious look on his face.

'Alright alright..'

'As I said I'm glad that you turned down Tarrlok, but I just wanted to make sure your decision was for the right reason.' He asked for answers.

'I'm just really focused on my airbending right now, thats all..' I looked at Korra to see if she was telling the truth but she wasn't.

Then I realized that she told me that she was scared of Amon and it hit me like a train. She's just scared that she can't protect herself..

If Korra does join.. I will be by her side threw all of it..

'Right.. that's what you said.'

With those words I knew that Tenzin felt that she was scared. Kinda obvious because his connected with the spirits.. if there is something that he knows its how people are feeling at the moment when he knows them good.

I looked down in disappointment.

How can I tell them that I'm also a bit scared of Amon.. but not because I would lose my bending. The feeling that something was up with him just scared me.. I feel that his hiding something.. something big.

'You know, it's okay to be scared.' With those words I was in the real world again and not swimming in my thoughts anymore.

Tenzin was right tho, but its just difficult to accept such feelings. Especially if you were like Korra. Korra was like never scared and now when she knew that she could lose her bending she lost it..and felt a new feeling.. Fear.

'The whole city is frightened by what's been going on. The important thing is to talk about our fears, because if we don't, they can throw us out of balance.'

Just like always he learned us something new.. and he was always right. Because if we don't confess to our fear it will consume us.. and the first step was always confess your fears..

Tenzin stood up and turned around to face me and Korra.

'I'm always here for you girls if you want to talk.' and with that he left us in our own thoughts. It was silent for a while but I couldn't bare it anymore.

'I know that your not fine Korra..' I said with a caring voice.

'I don't know what to do Ayira.' She bowed her head down to look at the ground in disappointment. I shoved a bit closer and laid down my hand on her shoulder.

'If you ever join the task force from Tarrlok I will follow you and be by your side.' I said with a small smile to reassure her.

'Your such a good friend.' She said with a small smile back.

'Yeah and we both knew it.' I said with a chuckle she joined me.

'Maybe you can help me learn some firebending so that you get some distraction and I get to learn some new things.'

'Alright.' She answered with a small smile and we stood up. She walked into the circle again and I joined her and the training started.

The day flew by and it was already dinner time. Korra and I were just sitting outside on the railing when the noble man of Tarrlok joined us again.

'Avatar Korra, I have something for you!' I looked at Korra and saw the irritation building up in her again. She jumped down to face the old man

'It doesn't matter how many gifts Tarrlok sends-' Korra bended the earth under him and he spinned around she finished with a little push with her feet in his back.

'I'm not joining his task force!'

Ikki and Jinora stopped with their pai sho and followed the conversation. I rolled my eyes.

He really can't take no for an answer..

Korra wanted to walk away when the old man talked again.

'It's not a gift. It's an invitation.'

'To what?' Korra and I asked with confusement. I jumped down and walked with Korra to the old man. She snatched the invitation from his hands.

'Tarrlokis throwing a gala in your honor, all of republic city's movers and shakers will be there. The councilman humbly requests your attendance.'

I saw that Korra was thinking about going and I shrugged my head. The old man walked away and left us in the conversation. I snatched the invitation from her hands.

'Hey!'

'Don't tell me that your actually thinking about going.' I said with annoyment. I put my hands on my sides.

'Well its in honor for me.. I have to go.' She said in defeat and looked down.

'You know that his plotting something again right?'

'Maybe his just being nice this time.'

************

Here is another chapter for you all!

▪︎ This chapter has 1536 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 446 9
You are Bolin's twin and the youngest sibling by 13 minutes. Somehow you got the fire bender gene while your twin got the earth bending one. Your bro...
33.3K 1.5K 44
After three years, Team Avatar is back in Republic City for Prince Wu's coronation. However, after things take an unexpected turn, Ulazu is forced to...
464K 19.8K 30
Cover art by Viccolatte on DeviantArt Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when th...
22K 744 26
Y/N is a prodigious water bender with a secret - she is a dual bender who has mastered both water and another element. In the middle of the night, Ko...