ukai x reader// mine

By polarbear445

You have just come back to Japan for work, from living in America for a few years. You're Daichi's older sist... More

oops / chapter 1
wanting to know me / chapter 2
old friend / chapter 3
help me out / chapter 4
your store / chapter 5
living room / chapter 6
staying the night / chapter 7
bunny / chapter 8
update// thanksss
suprise visitor / chapter 9
cheater / chapter 10
get you home / chapter 11
turn around / chapter 12
not so fast / chapter 13
back home / chapter 14
hospital we go / chapter 15
nicknames galore / chapter 16
aunt? / chapter 17
talk together / chapter 19
now now / chapter 20
popcorn tub / chapter 21
just life / chapter 22
who's this / chapter 23
my girlfriend / chapter 24
why her / chapter 25
the moon is beautiful <3

enough / chapter 18

5.9K 166 250
By polarbear445

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you repeat that for me?" I questioned, trying to think that what came out of her mouth was a joke and this is all a joke.

"Repeat what?" My aunt tried to play dumb.

"You know what i'm talking about," I deadpanned.

"Oh. We think it would be good for you to get married before... you know... about your mother and she passes," My aunt explained.

"We are not going to force you though," My mother commented, now picking up a newspaper. It was clear that my aunt was the one who convinced her to bring up this topic and opportunity.

"Well, we might not be 'forcing' you. But it would be good for your mother to be able to spend some precious memory with her,"

"What about Daichi, ask him to marry someone," I said, not truly believing what they wanted me to do.

"Y/n, don't be so rude to your mother. Is it so bad that she wants to see her only daughter and eldest get married?"

"It's a little crazy to give me such little time to find a partner and convince them to marry me,"

"You don't have to worry about that. You're a single, beautiful, intelligent young women. We can find you someone who will want a nice housewife and to bear their children," My aunt told me, putting on a fake smile.

"I- Excuse me? I'm not a housewife, I have a very successful job as a writer, I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Also, who said i'm having kids, you aren't just coming in and controlling my life now just because you couldn't control your own daughters. I'm sorry that she went off and married a gamer and they left for Europe! She knew how controlling you were and had to get away, you can't just do me because soon I won't have a mom!" I ranted, giving her a piece of my mind.

"Y/n!" My mother yelled, putting down her newspaper. "That was very rude to me and your aunt,"

"Y/n, I think you should leave," My aunt added. "If you won't respect your elders and your mothers dying wishes, then you shouldn't be here," I looked at her with a horrified look. I never did like her, always commenting on my appearance and aspirations in life.

"This isn't even my mother speaking, this is you controlling her just like you did during your guy's childhood," I slammed the door and walked outside. Not having a car was going to be a problem so I made my way back to the house. I decided to stop at a nearby park to catch a breath and think through this whole thing they were putting me through.

It's not like I could go up to Ukai and tell him that he has to propose to me soon. I mean who would do that and who would say yes? I like him alot, maybe love him, but marriage seems a little crazy right now. I don't think I can handle all that stress of putting on some wedding and then usually after marriage comes kids. I can barley handle myself sometimes, how would someone expect me to handle a kid?!

"Y/n, is that you?" A soft voice asked, coming towards me while I swung a bit on the swing.

"Suga? What are you doing out here?"

"I was going on a little walk, nothing too much. Are you okay, you look pale? Oh! Do I need to call 911, I might have some medicine on me," He frantically spoke, searching through his empty pockets.

"I'm okay, just living a crazy life these past couple of days," I laughed at him soon looking relieved.

"Do you mind if I ask what is the matter?"

"Well there is my mom, which I know Daichi has already told you all about. That is kind of a lot to handle, and on top of that I have to deal with my aunt and mother wanting me to get married within that time. I don't know how they expect to find some crazy person to agree to that, they just sound very crazy themselves," I babbled.

"That's.... Something?" He looked at me with surprised and confused features showing on his face.

"One way to put it," I chuckled. "What's new with you?"

"Just trying to help Daichi with his worries... I really care about him, you know? I hope that he will be okay dealing with all of this stuff, I hate seeing him so stressed and sad,"

"I know what you mean, I care a lot about my younger brother also. He is such a amazing young man and has such big things ahead of him, but this is something easy to push him back. You're such a good friend to him Sugawara," I smiled.

"Friend... Yeah, thanks. I'm going to go back home, but good luck with the married thing," He started to walk away.

"Suga?"

"Hm,"

"Nothing," I swatted my hand away, deciding to ask about it another time.

"Oh Y/n," I nodded. "I think coach Ukai might have a little crush on you," I laughed at his comment and watched the boy retreat. I soon figured it would be best for me to get back too, and made my way to my home.

After the somewhat long walk, I finally arrived upon my childhood home. Going back into the room I have been staying it, I ran my hand along the top of the dresser admiring old photos of myself and my family.

My fathers passing was very hard, and having to leave quickly to move to America was more difficult. Of course my father wasn't the best man though, he had many ways where he could have approved. But I still felt this feeling to love him even after all the emotional and sometimes physical, pain he put me through.

"Well," A voice spoke, I jumped and turned around to see a handsome blonde leaning on the doorway.

"How did you get in here?!" I questioned, startled by his presence.

"Daichi knows we are dating, so he gave me his key and told me to come and check up on you," I laughed at the kind man in front of me.

"Oh Daichi," I sighed. "Thanks Keishin, I feel like these past few months haven't been ideal for the start of a relationship. I don't know why you put up with all of this,"

"I do it for you, I don't put up with all of this for fun," He ran a hand through his hair messing it up a bit and took a few steps closer to me. "But upon meeting you, going through this and giving you some support. It doesn't seem as crazy as it sounds because I still get to spend it with you, and when I can help comfort you I get to see smiles instead of frowns," He chuckled.

"Keishin," I spoke, not knowing how to respond to something as kind as that.

"That was cheesy of me, I don't know where that came from. I need a smoke," He chuckled, while I walked a few steps over engulfing him into a hug. Soon my hand was resting on his cheek and our lips were connected in a hot and passionate kiss.

"Thank you," I breathed.

"I wasn't done," He whined.

"Oh my," I laughed.

"Let's head back to the hospital, I heard about what happened. You can rant to me in a car, sound good sugar, "

"What a weirdo!" I punched him in the shoulder while he just chuckled. Intertwining our fingers and locking up the front door. Once making it to the car parting and then his hand moving to my thigh once I started to rant all about my ridiculous aunt and somewhat crazy mom.

When making it to the hospital I found my mothers room and decided it was time to suck it up and just apologize for her and my sake.

"Mom, Aunt Mai, i'm sorry for my outburst and hope we can get over this. I talked about it with someone dear to me, and there is no need for all of this," I apologized, taking a seat in a open chair.

"It's all good sweetheart," My mother told me, patting me to sit at the end of the bed.

"But you will get married right?" My aunt asked, moving closer to us.

"Possibly," I commented, making a sly look to Ukai who was busy looking at something on his phone.

Would he want to get married? No, that's crazy I can't expect him to!

"Good to hear! So do you have someone in mind to marry or?"

"Well, if I don't have anyone to marry then I don't have to do it. So, I don't have anyone to marry at the moment,"

"Mai, think about your next words," My mother warned which cause me to look at her weirdly.

"This is great news for my friend!" My aunt exclaimed.

"And why is that?"

"She has a son..."

"Okay?"

"She is going to be ecstatic when I tell her I found her son a wife,"

"Why would you tell her that..."

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED TO HIM!"

"WHAT THE FUC-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hope everyone has/ had a great holiday!

for the holidays if you have a idea for a filler chapter I will write it!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 2K 22
"Look after her, will ya?" Daichi asked the new captain of the volleyball team Ennoshita "I will, don't worry. Your sister will be good here." He sm...
1.5M 40.1K 36
(Name) is Ukai Keishin's younger sister, the coach of Karasuno's Boys' Volleyball Team. Just like her brother and the Karasuno boys, (name) eats, bre...
255K 7.7K 32
You always have a good eye for observing people especially seeing their flaws on things they usually do. (L/n) (F/n), Nishinoya's cousin and a forme...
182K 5.2K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...