Sharing Cigarettes

By oliviahoney1

It was Las Vegas. We were stupid, reckless, and in love. More

Disclaimer
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
Epilogue
The End & Thank You

21

20.7K 508 622
By oliviahoney1

Alice Avery

A blinding sun shun through the open curtains of my bedroom window, I rubbed my eyes in hopes of adjusting to the brightness. I immediately noticed the unfamiliar dip in my bed, turning to my right I came face to face with a fast asleep Ricky. Last night kicked in, I wonder what he'll think when he wakes up. I thought for the worst, maybe he'd get defensive again.

He slept with his lips parted, I found it amusing that he slept with a slight scowl on his face. My fingers tousled through his bed head and he moved around slightly, snuggling further into my comforter. He appeared harmless even with tattoos and all, head empty, just silence.

Ricky's eyes began to flutter open, his nose scrunched up in an adorable manner. His eyes were bright, not dark and cold like I was used to.

"You watching me sleep Ali?" His raspy morning voice spoke; music to my ears.

"I don't feel the need to further feed your ego." I said and threw one of my decorative pillows at him. His laugh was light and carefree.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Like a baby." I answered and pulled the covers up over my shoulders. I somehow got back to my overthinking, "Look about last night I'm sorry if I-"

"Hey," he interrupted me. "You don't need to worry about anything anymore. We're good, everything's good."

I let out a sigh of relief, I hated the need to be constantly reassured but I couldn't help it. "Okay," I whispered.

His fingers brushed over my face, moving a few strands of my dark hair behind my ear. Ricky planted a sweet kiss to my temple.

Suddenly, the smell of a freshly brewed coffee filled the air. Shit, I forgot about Theo. My bedroom door swung open with Theo behind it holding two steaming mugs.

"Good morning," he said in a cheery tone that was clearly forced. He walked over and handed us each a mug, he never broke eye contact from Ricky.

"Thanks T." I said normally in hopes of loosening the tension in the air. I sat up against my headboard and held the hot cup in my hands.

Theo's arms crossed, time for lecture. "Are you two dating?"

"No." Ricky and I both state in unison, I was glad we were on the same page.

Theo's eyebrows raised, "But you slept together..."

"Yes Theo, we slept next to each other. Nothing sexual." Ricky told him. "Yet," he muttered under his breath only to me. Theo was unfazed, we were lucky he didn't hear that.

"Fine I believe you," Theo caved and rolled his eyes. "Try and keep it in your pants please."

Theo left without any more questions and Ricky and I stayed in bed to finish our coffee. A part of me wondered what Theo would think if Ricky and I seriously got together. Not that it's any of his business but I'm sure he'd have a whole fucking speech ready.

"So," Ricky set his mug on the bedside table
before turning my way. "You wanna fuck now?"

"You aren't funny," my eyes narrowed towards him.

"I'm hilarious."

I rolled my eyes boringly and climbed out of bed. I opened my window fully and let the warm air hit me.

"We should go to the beach today." I say, he's now stood up and had met me at the window.

"We? I've spent too much time with you, I'm ditching you today." He stood close behind me, his hands rested over top of me on the outline  of the window.

I turned around to him, "If it was your last day on earth you'd still wanna be with me."

"I don't feel the need to further feed your ego."

I shake my head at him but my smile was still very much present, "You're such an ass."

"I'm your favourite." Major déjà vu from last night. "Let's hit the beach baby."

I then packed a few necessities in a backpack and did some basic hygiene before leaving. I wore a pair of dark denim jeans and left my baby blue blouse unbuttoned for my bikini top underneath. I practically had to force Ricky to wear a pair of shorts, he was pretty set on wearing his jeans.

"My car or yours?" I asked once we got to
the parking lot. Ricky waltzed up to his car and took the hood down and got inside.

"Yeah, definitely mine." He said with a bratty attitude and started the engine. Despite me wanting to argue, I hopped into the passenger seat.

The wind tousled my hair into a complete rats nest as soon as we started driving, Ricky chuckled loudly at me once we came to a red light. After I tamed my hair down I noticed an ice cream parlour in the distance.

"Stop there," I pointed to the vintage style building.

"Ice cream?" He questions and I nod. "You say I'm secretly a hopeless romantic, I think you're secretly a child at heart."

"Ha ha, very funny." I said sarcastically, he continued driving with his stupid smirk plastered on his face.

Much to my surprise he pulled into the parking lot. "I always win," I bragged as we got out of the car and walked into the parlour.

"What's your favourite ice cream flavour?"

"Strawberry," he replied.

I shrugged, "I guess I tolerate you."

"What's wrong with strawberry?"

"There's just way better flavours like bubblegum, cotton candy, peanut butter. Strawberry is kinda bland." I told him, clearly I was passionate about this.

"Well what's your favourite?"

"Cookie dough, bubblegum is pretty great too."

He snickered, "Child at heart."

When getting to order, the cashier was a blonde high school boy that looked like he had barely hit puberty, he flashed his braces at me.

"What can I get for you, cutie?" Blondie asked me while totally ignoring Ricky. I'll admit it was difficult not to laugh.

I then suddenly felt Ricky's hand lace with mine. He brought our hands up the counter right where Blondie could see. The kids face fell as Ricky pretended to be interested in the menu.

"Uh I'll take two scoops of strawberry on a cone. What do you want babe?" Ricky told the cashier then looked to me, I pressed my lips
together to prevent myself from laughing.

"I'll just do two scoops of cookie dough on a cone."

"Alright great." The high schooler said, his voice cracked. He then cleared his throat and attempted a deeper more manly voice. "I mean, alright great."

I pulled my wallet out from my pocket but Ricky shooed it away, "Don't worry honey, I
got it." He told me and slide a ten dollar bill across the counter. "Keep the change, put it towards a new bike or something."

Blondie let out an uncomfortable laugh and handed us our cones. I let go of Ricky's hand once we walked out, I gave him a look full of amusement.

"Honey?"

"Shut up."

"Aw, is someone jealous of a little high school boy?" I made a pouty face and he shoved my shoulder lightly. "I think I should go back in there and ask for his number and may-"

Before I could say another word, Ricky's crisp cold strawberry ice cream was now smushed against my face. "Are you fucking kidding me, it's literally up my nose Rick," I complained.

He then broke out into an outburst of laughter. I wiped the half melted cream off my face and kept it in my palm. I held the back of his hand and brought my hand to his face, smearing the pink mixture throughout his face. He wasted no time taking the rest of his ice cream and smashing it against my face. I did the same to him, spreading the tan ice cream and chocolate chips all over him.

We backed away from each other, I admired my ice cream damage. I let out a short laugh, he did too. We both ended up in a fit of unnecessarily loud laughter.

"I hate you," I lied between laughing fits.

"You do huh?"

"Yeah, I really do."

Failing to prove it, I grabbed him by the collar of his T-shirt and he brought his lips to mine. His finger wrapped around the back of my neck and slowly crept up into my hair, his thumbs brushing softly against my cheek. He drew various patterns on the back of my neck as he pulled away.

"I think you're my obsession, honey."

A/N
I haven't updated in over a week and I apologize profusely, writers block is a bitch.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a lovely holiday!! Here's to 2021!!

Vote and comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.4M 37.8K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
113K 5.7K 22
*EXPLICIT LANGUAGE & SEXUAL CONTENT In beautiful Las Vegas, where people come from all over in hopes of getting lucky lives Victoria Muller. Having s...
157K 2.1K 10
He was rude, arrogant, aggressive, ruthless and dominating Mafia Boss, a frightening man. The whole world was under his feet. Nobody had ever dared t...
80.5K 3.5K 46
We were a thunder storm together and a hurricane apart.