Hooded Beauty

By EvilNacho

Allison Parker had the perfect life in school except for on thing: She always wore a hood outside of school... More

Chapter 2
Blank
Blank
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Blank
Chapter 9
Blank
Blank
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (part 1)

Chapter 1

123K 1K 206
By EvilNacho

Before anyone reads: Just know that I wrote the first few chapters without any writing experience, so please, excuse my lame choice of words:) And I didn't ask anyone to critique this story, so if you don't like it, just leave.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Ally!"

Ugh.

"Aly! Wake up!"

Hmph.

"Ally!! School starts in twenty five minutes!"

What?!

I jerk awake and shove the blanket off of me, jumping on the wooden floorboards and running to my wardrobe. With my clumsiness ahead of me, I step on a sharp article and trip flat on my face; my feet screamed for mercy. I barely manage time to turn around and see that it was a pointed clasp of my bra.

Way to go, Ally.

After getting up half concious, I rummage through my closet lazily finding a baggy red t-shirt and black sweatpants, which would perfectly match my black hoodie. I slip them on while staggering to the bathroom. Quickly taking out my toothpaste, I squeezed it onto my toothbrush, then ran up to the other side of the room forcing each throbbing foot into my black converse while brushing my teeth. I run back to the bathroom to return the toothbrush and spit out the paste then took a quick glance at the mirror.

No makeup? Check.

Unironed clothes? Check.

Nothing conspicuous? Check.

Messy hair? Shit!

After yesterday's shower I slept with a wet head, hoping that somehow I'd wake up with something similar to a screwed up afro. But no, thanks to my genetics, it resulted in the formation of light waves at the end of my dark hair.

Ugh.

Doing what any retarded teenager would do for a halloween hair scare,  I ran to my iPod and played the song "Whip My Hair" on speaker. Complying to the song's wishes, I whipped my hair back and forth for a good three minutes until I started having a slight migraine. I then looked back at the mirror only to see that it needed more whipping to look scary enough. So I turned the speaker back on as it rang in my ears, getting lightheaded by the second.

"I WHIP MA HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MA HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WH-"

"Ally!" My mom's voice echoed through the corridors all the way from downstairs, "This is not the time to play songs! School starts in a few minutes so get your butt down here this instant!" 

Gotta love my alarm clock. Fully functional and alive.

I stop and glance at the mirror once more.

Messy hair? Check.

Just one more thing left to do: I put my hoodie over my head.

Perfect! Now all you see is a not too tall and not too short of a girl - just average - dressed in a dark attire that doesn't show the slightest sign of any curves. Messed up curls hide the sides of her oval face. With a hoodie shadowing  eyes, all that is visible is the lower part of her face, from her nostrils down to her jaw.

This will do. You're probably wondering why I'm doing this. Why my hood and hair are covering mostly three quarters of my face? I'd cover the whole thing if it didn't cause hyperventilation.

It all started the summer after I reached puberty... and the.. erm.. changes occur.

I got a tan and got the hang of putting my hair down loosely instead of hanging it into a ponytail. But it was kind of a depressing summer since my best friend Anna was moving to Australia because of her dad's job. I couldn't see why she just wont stay and live with me, so I realized after her leaving that I had to face school alone, all the teasing boys and the stuck up girls all over again.

So, you know, eventually school began, and the teasing boys weren't so annoying anymore, and the stuck up girls werent so bad, we actually turned out to be good friends. Though I found it awkward that the boys were acting weird around me, so I just played along so that they wont go back to their annoying old habits again.

I think It was when I turned fifteen that I realized the boys only hung out with me because of other reasons. And so were the girls. It was all fake, nothing was genuine. No one considered me for me.

I can't believe I was ever foolish enough to truly believe that they were my friends. It wasn't like I like-liked the boys or anything,  but I kind of had fun being around them since I was somewhat of a tomboy. I liked football games and mud fights and everything known to food.

It all ended the day I overheard them having a perverted conversation. About me.

Did they fake liking me for me? I never paid attention to my appearance, not up until I overheard the detailed topic those assholes had about me. I even refused to believe that I was attractive enough for that effect.

That was until - well.. people started staring. Outside of school, ranging of all ages. Yes, I was even oblivious to my own appearance. Pitiful I know. I mean, I always thought I was nice looking, but not anything close to big words like 'beautiful' or  'gorgeous' or even 'hot'.

Ever since, I walked around school not trusting anyone, avoiding gazes and friendless. I missed true friends who liked you for who you are. And when my dad caught older boys staring at me - some doing worse - while walking at the mall he got over protective, so I suggested wearing a hoodie for both our sakes.

I told my mother the whole story and she sympathized. I had no one else to turn to. She gave me my own privacy and I respected her for it. Later she suggested that I move to an all girls school, and obviously, I was ecstatic! I mean, that was a brilliant idea! The girls that I previously befriended only liked me for an easier access to boys. The ones that I thought were my friends, to say the least.

So from then on I attended an all girls school for two years, where I befriended a lot of girls and became close with a few. No male species got in the way and there was no other reason for any negative feelings between us. I've spent the time of life over there! We had sleep overs where we could gossip and I trusted them, because I knew they liked me for me. There were no boys and our personalities just seemed to click, no matter how different they may seem to be.

We would have our own little jokes and food fights, water fights, pillow fights, and pretty much all fights known to man. We didnt mind getting our hair dirty, since there was no one around to impress. It was the most fun I've ever had. But I still had my hoodie on outside of school. But inside, I would be myself, the same person everyone knew and loved. I was me.

It was when my dad told us we were moving to California that I lost it. What was worse? I had to attend a public school since all the girls' schools there were either already full or too far away for my supposed new home. Now that sucked in so many levels:

One: I had to be the new girl.

Two: I'd miss my friends way too much.

Three: I had to make new friends that liked me for me, and in order to do that, I have to live under that hood for who knows how long.

Four: Home was just forty minutes of a flight away, if things got worse I can just go to my friends for comfort, but lets just hope it doesnt come to that.

My eyes searched the room for anything I might forget in all the hurry, and spotted my backpack. Phew! As I was throwing it over my back I spotted something else - a portrait of a girl. Her raven black hair shined in the sun as it fell in all the right places, the tips reaching her elbows. Her long dark lashes outlined her big hazel eyes, replacing her need for mascara. Her symmetrical pink lips formed a smile over her slightly olive-toned face, an odd color she got in her attempt to tan. And if you looked down, you see a slim body with just the right curves wearing a blue bikini.

I remember that day. It was a month ago at the beach - the only excuse I got to not wear a hoodie. I mean come on - a girl in a hoodie swimming in the ocean? That was too weird. I also remember all the wolf whistles and the stares I received from disrespectful pedestrians. 

What did people see in me? They just keep judging. 

That's all I get, and it's all I will ever receive.

It all comes down to what you look like, not what you feel. If I could only feel safe, for once.

I hurried downstairs and got to the kitchen. I grabbed a toast and started spreading peanut butter on it. My mom looked at me, "Nervous, honey? First days of school are always the worst."

I looked at her "Don't worry mom, I'm not nervous, let's just hope people dont get too curious as to why the new girl won't show her face."

My mom smiled with sorry eyes,  "I'm sorry you have to go through this sweetheart"

I can't have her look at me that way, the guilt would just eat her up, even when it's not even her fault! "Come on Mom! It's just like everyday! Except, well, at school! Big Deal! And if anyone asks.." I said while munching on my peanut butter toast, "I'll tell them I have unknown-itis!"

If you say it really fast, it does kind of sound like a disease.

My mom softened up a bit and gave away a hearty little laugh.

"Have fun sweety"  She kissed my forehead. "And if you ever let me scream your name again I'll throw paint all over your face, I bet you'd be satisfied when you look at a mirror then."

I paused. She wouldn't have to scream my name so loud if my alarm clock wasn't broken! Although walking around school covered in paint would be kind of awesome. In my own head anyway. A crazy person's head. I laughed at myself then heard the honking of my school bus outside.

I grabbed my empty backpack and ran through the door overhearing my mom mutter something incoherently. It must be about the bus, since I'm seventeen and I do have my own car, a red porsche (okay so we're kind of rich, but not really rich) I still wont drive that thing to school. It would conspicuously attract attention, and I must avoid attention at all cost, hence the black attire.

I'm not gothic or anything, but if you want to blend in, go with the flow. And besides, the school bus was available for kids under sixteen and people who just didn't have a ride. So I took the chance and got in. Here we go, the first day of my senior year at my new school.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped into the vehicle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859 88 32
Haley just moved to a new school in California. She's senior in high school. She comes across many people. She gets into music and someone else she l...
3.8K 258 29
In Kathryn's world everything was perfect. Perfect hair. Perfect life. Perfect friends. Perfect everything until one day she had to move and her dad...
110K 2.7K 25
New school, new people, new country. Will Y/N be able to keep up her bad girl image or will she fall soft for the school's bad boy?
2.1K 66 34
Payton just moved to LA she is trying to survive La and it's people, is she going in the wrong direction or the right direction, you wil also live th...