Winter Solstice

Author's Notes: For those wondering, yes, this is canon to the "Lone Arrow in the Quiver" storyline. I would say that it roughly takes place soon after the end of the book. Contains a few spoilers for the ending, if you haven't had a chance to read it yet. (I recommend it :D )

Caution: Contains sexual innuendos and suggestive themes for the purpose of humor. Nothing more than PG13+

The Winter Solstice, a time for joy and good will for all who inhabit Hyrule. It is a time of giving gifts and enjoying delicious chocolate confections! However, there is a slight problem. Revali procrastinated and forgot to secure a gift for the Solstice. Now it's only a few days away and he's panicking. He decides that his best bet is to ask for aid from the one person who knows Link better than himself.

"I don't know what to do! I completely forgot that it was in two days!" Revali stammered. He paced around the room rapidly and threw his wings into the air, he was freaking out.

"Revali, it's does no good to worry. Worrying does nothing but cause more problems. Let's take this slow, shall we?" Mipha said, taking a sip of tea.

Revali had come to her in a flurry of feathers and anxiety. She immediately took him to her room and tried to sit him down. When that failed, she decided to order some tea and try her best to calm the poor bird down. Since it was Solstice time, the tea had a hint of cinnamon that she absolutely adored.

"Tell me, what does Link like?" Mipha asked, putting her teacup down on a small plate.

"What does he like?! He likes... food, poetry, me, weapons... ANOTHER KNIFE!" Revali squawked, holding up his wing in a aha! pose.

"No. You can't just get him another knife! Let's look at your other options... You could cook him a nice meal," the princess replied, putting her palm to her forehead.

"I could... but that's not a gift. It's nice but, you know, you want to unwrap something on Solstice Day. It should be an actual, physical, thing," Revali replied, finally taking a seat across from her.

"Okay, I see what you mean. How about making a dish, and a gift? You said he liked poetry, who does he like in particular?" Mipha asked, taking a small sugar cookie from a tray. The guards had been kind enough to deliver tea and cookies.

"He likes that Blake fellow. But I'm not even sure if any of that stuff still exists. Where would I go?" The Rito answered, thinking the idea over.

"The castle would be your best bet; their library is still the largest in the land..." She said, pausing. "Wait. Aren't you friends with a certain archivist? Couldn't he find what you're looking for?"

"You're right," Revali replied, experiencing a revelation. "He should still be there. Zelda has kept him busy lately after... well, you know. I'm sure I can steal him away; I am a Champion after all."

"Hm, sounds like you have your plan. Do come back to me when you're ready to cook. I have a delicious cookie recipe that would work perfectly for a tasty treat!" Mipha said, imagining the triple chocolate delights that she used to make with her father.

Sidon could even help us now! Oh, this was going to be so much fun! She thought.

"Thanks again Mipha, I truly appreciate it," Revali said, taking her hands in his wings. He shook them and immediately left the room. After a quick trek through the palace, he made it outside and shot into the air using the gale. Once he was at a good altitude, he utilized the gale again to fire himself towards Hyrule Castle. It was going to take some time, but he should have more than enough to get his gifts together before the Solstice. While he was flying, his thoughts drifted through his head.