"No."

"Liam, you were totally just having sex in the bathroom with Morgan."

"No... We didn't--"

"I don't need to know the details, Liam, Jesus..."

"I didn't Dave..."

"You promised." Dave looked over at him now, pouring his cereal into his bowl.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I didn't think you'd be back so fast..."

 Dave rolled his eyes and poured the milk into the bowl.

"Dave... Are you straight?" Liam sat down at the kitchen table. His face was probably still red, he could feel it.

"...No. Why the hell would a straight guy room with you gay, horny morons?! Do you really think they would have stayed after all this fucking shit?"

"My gaydar has been broken lately."

"Yeah, I believe it."

"So... Are you seeing anyone?" Dave never talked about himself much. He was a fun member of their group. His deadpan sense of humor was probably one of Liam's favorite, but he didn't talk much about his life outside of the house. He mostly just played his piano when he wasn't fooling around with the rest of them. He was just so...quiet. Kind of like Julian. He wondered what Julian was up to these days.

"...Are you asking me out?"

"What?! No..." Liam laughed. Dave was smiling, so he was hoping he was being sarcastic. He probably was. "Want to share a room together?" Liam asked.

"..."

"I'm trying to get Ethan to come back. Oh! I thought up this bunkbed idea we could do. Hear me out, before you walk away Dave. DAAAAAAVE..."

Dave was already into his bedroom, Ethan's old room, with the door shut at that point. Why did no one like his bunkbed idea?!

Like clockwork, Morgan came out of his room, fully dressed now. His hair was still kinda wet.

"What are you doing to Dave?"

Liam sank in his chair, "Nothing... He was mad."

Morgan laughed and sat down at Dave's piano, opening it up to look at the keys. Liam's eyes lit up.

"Are you gonna play?"

"...Not with you here."

"What?! Why?" Liam frowned, "...Is it 'cause...it's your thing with Dave?"

Morgan glared over at him from the piano but smiled. "Are you still jealous?"

"No."

Morgan laughed and stood up to walk over to him. He put his arms around his chest and hugged him from behind the chair. For some reason that made Liam feel better. He wrapped his hands around Morgan's arms and rested his lips against his skin. Morgan's arms moved as he grabbed Liam's jaw to move his face upwards and kissed him. 

Liam smiled and put one of his hands around the back of Morgan's head to kiss him again.

· · · · ·

Morgan asked him out a few days later, while they were eating breakfast together at the dining room table.

Liam wasn't sure Morgan was going to say anything about what they had been doing...much less officially ask him to be his boyfriend. He had just felt lucky to have captured Morgan's attention for so long. He just kept telling himself that this was good while it was lasting.