IronFam Christmas! (pt.2)

After the IronFam left the soup kitchen, it was time for them to visit the shelter. It was only about a 15 minute drive away, so they were there in no time. Immediately, they found the owner and manager to find ways to help. Ultimately, they decided to buy gifts for those at the shelter, so Happy and Tony ran to the nearest pizza place while Pepper and Natasha went around asking what everyone wanted for Christmas. Yelena and Peter decided to entertain the kids that just so happened to be there and played with them.

Just around half an hour after they initially arrived, Pepper, Nat, Happy, and Tony returned with food and gifts for everybody. Happy and Tony ended up buying cheese, sausage, veggie, pepperoni, vegan, and gluten free pizzas, about half of dozen of each. They also stopped at a grocery store to buy cases of water and bottles of sodas. Pepper and Natasha split up the list of goods so they were able to efficiently buy everything on the list. Luckily for them, all of the gifts could be found at the local Target nearby, making it even easier to gather everything on the list. Yelena and Peter also joined them to assist in setting everything up. The owner provided them with a large folding table to set everything on so Pepper stacked all the pizzas of each flavor on top of each other and placed them so that everyone could easily grab a plate and walk down to see all the types of pizza that were bought. At the end, she also placed as many bottles of soda and water on the table as possible with the leftovers nearby. Additionally, to make the process run smoothly, Yelena and Peter helped the younger kids so that the parents wouldn't have to and Pepper stood by overlooking so that she could dispose of the empty pizza boxes or put more beverages on the table immediately. Meanwhile, Happy and Tony assisted Natasha in passing out the gifts people had requested. The most common ones were toys for their kids, blankets and other winter gear, extra snacks, and gift cards.

"God bless your souls," a woman said to Tony as he handed her the gift card she had asked for.

"Of course, ma'am," Tony smiled as he shook her hand. "You deserve this."

"You know," the woman began. "I have this theory that the greatest achievement one can have is selflessness. And you and your little team have achieved it. Good for you all. In some, strange, little way, I can guarantee you all will be rewarded someday."

"I think the greatest reward is giving you even just a little joy," Tony replied. "But thank you, ma'am, and have yourself a very happy holiday."

The food and gifts were completely passed out and distributed not too long after, and just like at the soup kitchen, Tony and SI gave the owner a very generous check. And with that, the IronFam made its way back to the compound.

"You know, I am really, really, glad I came to visit and do that with you all," Yelena said once they got back to the car.

"Me too," Rhodey agreed. "It was a lot of fun to meet everyone and finally do some good."

"There was this one little boy that was so nice, and said he was a fan of 'Spider-Man,' " Peter proudly announced.

"Roger, back at the soup kitchen, was such a sweet kid," Natasha added. "Seemed really smart, too."

"Oh, yeah, definitely seemed very above average," Tony agreed.

~Time Jump~

"So, now what should we do?" Pepper asked once they were back at the Compound.

"Gifts and snacks?" Tony suggested.

"Yeah!" Peter exclaimed. "Can I give mine first?"

"Go for it, kid," Rhodey smiled.

Everyone then sat in the common room while Peter went to find his gift under the tree. Pepper sat to the left of Tony on the couch with Rhodey on his right. Yelena and Natasha took the smaller, two person couch while Happy took one of the recliners, leaving the last one for Peter.