Cassian-Solstice

POV:

You and Cassian are newly mated and are about to spend your first Solstice/Christmas together, but Cassian isn't there. This also takes place one year after the Cassian imagine 'Mate' that I wrote so read that one before you read this 😉

Y/N POV

Sunlight creeps through the open curtains, falling across the bed in bright beams, calling you to wake up. Lazily, you open your eyes and sigh at the warmth and comfort of the white pillows and sheets. Faint shadows fall across the roof and you look out to see snow falling, and remember that it's Solstice. With a rush of excitement you roll over to the other side of the bed to wake Cassian, only to find that he isn't there.

You frown and sit up. 'Cassian?' you call but no answer comes.

With a sigh you get up, and get ready. You had promised Elain and Feyre that you would help with cooking and baking for tonight's dinner. You throw on some leggings and a fluffy sweater pairing it with thick boots and a coat and scarf.

Outside, the weather is dark, the sun far behind the clouds now and faint snow falls on the streets of Velaris. A storm seems very likely. Where is Cassian? You wonder. He promised that we would spend our first Solstice as a mated couple together. You think back to last Solstice when you told him that you were mates-or rather, he told you-and smile.

You reach Feyre and Rhys's apartment and Elain lets you in beaming. 'Hey Y/N come in! Feyre and Mor are in the kitchen.' You hug her and walk to the kitchen to see Feyre and Mor busily decorating Christmas cookies, flour covering their aprons and upper arms. They greet you and hand you an apron gesturing for you to get busy. The next few hours are a blur of cookie dough, icing, pies, roasts and laughter. You felt yourself warming up, getting more excited for the Solstice dinner despite Cassian being MIA.

By the time all the food is busy cooking, the table is set, and the treats are set on trays and plates for later, you are all covered in food.

'There are enough showers for us all to quickly clean up before the guys get back,' Feyre says and shows each of you a bathroom.

When you reach your bathroom you find a beautiful sparkling red dress lined with silver lace. You gasp, 'Feyre you shouldn't have!'

'Don't be silly, I wanted to give it to you as a gift for your first Solstice as Cassian's mate. I know how much Solstice means to you.' She says and smiles.

'Thank you!' you hug her tightly. 'Speaking of which; you haven't seen Cassian have you? He wasn't in bed this morning and every time I try call him through the bond there's no answer.'

'No I haven't.' She frowns. 'I'll ask Rhys and Az.' You mouth a thanks and she leaves.

While you shower you keep trying to reach Cassian through the bond but still you are only met with darkness. Worry starts to creep through you. It wasn't like Cassian to leave without telling you.

By the time you are finished with your hair and makeup and have slipped into the gorgeous dress, it's already time for dinner. Outside, the weather is stormy, snow falling heavily from dark clouds. As you make your way downstairs you feel a sudden cold pain take over you. You grip the stair railing and focus on breathing. 'Y/N?' Mor's voice echoes from somewhere along with other voices but you don't hear what they are saying through the searing pain spreading across your back.

A moment later the door to the apartment opens and slams against the wall. 'We've got him!' A male voice announces. Rhysand. You watch as he and Azriel carry your mate inside, his wings are blue and are bleeding in some places. That's what you felt: his wings. The sight of him seems to snap you out of your daze and you rush to his side.

'What happened?!' you yell as Rhys and Az hold him close to the fire.

'We think he got caught in the storm,' Azriel replies. 'We have to winnow him to your apartment right now!' The urgency in his voice frightens you so you take Rhysand's hand as he winnows the three of you to your and Cassian's bedroom.

They lay him down on the bed and you start when you see his full state. His skin is slick with sweat but cold when you touch it, his face scrunched up in agony. He looks freezing.

'Rhysand get me a bowl of warm water and a towel. Az help me get off his boots and leathers!' You order through the tight feeling in your throat. Rhysand nods and makes for the kitchen while you and Azriel get Cassian out of his leathers and into some warmer clothes. He helps you tuck Cassian under the covers and Rhysand arrives with the warm water. You take it and give him a thankful look.

Dipping the cloth in the water and wringing it out you gently press it against Cassian's cold forehead, brushing his hair our of his face. Behind you, you hear the two males whispering but your whole focus is on Cassian.

When you look back, they are both gone.

You feel Cassian's forehead; he's started to warm up, but he needs warmth from the inside. Leaning down, you press a kiss on his lips. 'I'll be right back.'

By the time you're back with a cup of tea Cassian is awake and has managed to sit up in bed. You leave the steaming cup on the nightstand and throw your arms around him. 'Hey hey,' he says and holds you tight against him. 'I'm alright sweetheart, I'm alright.'

'Where were you Cass?' You look up at him with tears in your eyes.

'I was called to the camp this morning, I left before you woke up so that I could be back in time for dinner. I didn't know about the storm until it was too late.' He says and sighs. 'I'm sorry I ruined your Solstice.'

'No Cassian,' You wipe away your tears and cup his face. 'You could never ruin anything for me, I'm just glad you're back and safe.'

He smiles and smashes his lips against yours. After a while you two break away and you feel his forehead. 'You need to drink this.' You hand him the tea and he obediently drinks it. Once he finished his tea you get a medicine kit from the bathroom and motion for him to lie on his stomach. Carefully, you apply ointment to his wings to warm and heal them and bandage the cuts. 'I really am sorry our first Solstice as a mated couple went like this.' He breaks the silence.

You sigh. 'It's alright Cass, really. It's not that big of a deal anyway.'

'You look amazing though,' he says, and you can hear the smirk in his voice.

Before you can reply, dark shadows form at the end of the bed and a moment later, Rhysand and Feyre are standing there looking worried.

'Sorry to barge in,' Feyre says. 'We brought some food since we figured you won't be able to join us.'

'Thanks guys.' You look at them gratefully.

'How are you?' Rhysand asks Cassian.

'I'll be fine now that I'm with my gorgeous mate.' He replies and you blush.

'Well call us if you need anything.' Feyre says and you nod. She leaves the food on the nightstand and you wave at them as they leave.

'So,' Cassian perks up. 'Got any Solstice plans?' He grins and you know exactly what that means.

Hours later you two lie tangled under the warm blankets and watch the snow fall around Velaris.

'I love you.' Cassian whispers in the darkness and kissed your head.

'I love you too.'

So here is the first Christmas/Solstice imagine! Thank you to the person who requested it ( I know you want to remain anonymous but I still want to say thank you :)

I had no idea what Cassian would give as a gift since we never got to find out what was in the box so I just left it out lol so sorry.

I need some ideas for the Rhysand and Azriel Solstice imagines so if you have any please let me know in the comment section or DM me. 

Thanks for reading xx