A Stranger turns up at my window and I said he can stay the night?! WTH?

Okay, this is a new story. I haven't written for a while so I hope you like it. I hope it isn't too crap, and I would love your comments, good or bad! x  Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 1 

Thunder boomed outside my room, the wind and rain joining in all  to make an orchestra, the lightning making my room light up if only for a few seconds - making sleep impossible.

Bang. Bang. I shot out of bed. A loud noise was coming from my balcony, flower pots smashing, windows rattling. Someone was on my balcony. A balcony that was on the third flood.   

I jumped out of bed, wondering if my elderly and grouchy housekeeper was still up. My eyes found the iPod speaker, it was 3:23am, a good bet she was fast asleep. Dad was still in Thailand. I was alone.

Lightning flashed again, a silhouette was behind my doors to my balcony that only curtained by thin fabric. This time I jumped out of bed, my eyes searched my room for a weapon. My hands grasped my lamp and pulled, it was stuck probably plugged in. I quickly moved onto something else. I ran and picked up my hairdryer, luckily it was unplugged.

I readied myself and carefully opened the doors. A man fell in breathing hard and soaking wet.

The wind rattled the doors and quickly slammed the balcony doors shut. It was silent except for the heavy breathing from my strange visitor. I silently prayed for Linda not to wake up. Nothing. She hadn't.

I was speechless. What was I supposed to say? This isn't a normal thing. My Midnight well morning stranger stood up from where he lay. Rain dripped from his short hair, landing on his very long eyelashes. I lifted my hairdryer as a warning.

"Who the hell are you?" I hissed

Suddenly he came alive; he put a very pale finger to my lips silencing me. He moved very fast back to the doors. He looked out of the doors head swishing from side to side. He then locked the doors and closed the curtains.

"I am deeply sorry for the interruption, I..." He seemed to falter. "I was being chased by something" He said in a deep Irish accent.

"Yeah there called Guard dogs" I replied rudely, wondering what the hell was going on.

He laughed softly, it was like musical notes. "No, I am pretty sure it wasn't canines. I'm sorry I can't tell you, I only ask that you show me to the door and forget about this meeting." He eyes pleaded with mine. I could only see a shadow of light of him from the fallen lamp.  

I was silent for a few minutes. Wind howled from outside, angry and upset. Like me.

"So you're running from something, yes?" I asked him. He nodded. "So if you go outside there's a chance they will capture you?" He hesitated by nodded again. "Just tell me one thing. Were you running from them because you've done something bad or...?" I wasn't sure what else there was.

He sighed and rubbed his face "I really don't have time for this." He muttered half to himself. "I was fleeing not running. Different things. I was looking for someone, but I must have got the wrong address. The 'people' who were chasing me were his, let's call them guard dogs."

"Oh." I was dumbstuck. "Who were you looking for?"

His eyes had been searching my dark room until them. He met my eyes and said very seriously. "Someone I pray you would never meet"  

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I've had about two hours sleep and I had lots to do tomorrow, okay technically today. I gave him one last look and sighed heavily.

"Hang on." I said and walked to my cupboard by my bathroom. To the side my fingers switched on the lights, it lit up my bedroom instantly. I opened the cupboard; in there were duvets, blankets, towels etc. I removed two pillows, a thick duvet and a few towels since he was still soaking and dripping all over my floor. His watched me curiously as I walked to my sofa in the middle of the room. I lay the duvet and pillow down.

I threw him some towels "Since my housekeeper would moan if she finds blood in our driveway. You can stay here tonight."

He stayed silent accessing me. I was instantly aware that I was only wearing a long Smurf T-shirt. I pulled it down just a tiny bit. He rubbed his face with towels not saying a word. I took the time to access him. He had dark jeans on with hard looking black boots on the sort that would survive anything. He had a  wet plain white t-shirt on which stuck to his stomach and showed his well defined abs. I swallowed and moved my eyes to his arms instead they looked like tree trunks! And his muscles moved while he tried to dry himself a little bit it made my mouth go very dry.

 I suddenly realised that he had no dry clothes.

"Stay there" I said and rushed out of them room. I came out of my bedroom and walked softly down the stairs and came to my father's room. There I found some large jogging pants that should fit his long leg and some thick socks. I couldn't find any tops that would fit him since my Father was a little scrawny...

I opened the door to find him sitting on the side of the sofa which was made up of a bed with his head in his hands. He looked up and his face was drawn. I threw him the jogging bottoms and the socks. He caught them with one hand. I walked over to another double set of doors that opened to my wardrobe. Inside I found a large football shirt.

"Why are you doing this?"

"I really don't know." I answered truthfully. Again I threw the shirt to him. "Bathrooms over there." I indicated to the door. He nodded and walked inside.

I got into bed, my hands still shaking. What was I doing? Truthfully I had absolutely no idea just like I had awnsered. I righted my lamp before it caught fire to something.

A few minutes later after I was done mentally battling my sanity, he came back out looking very strange. The shirt was slightly too big and the trousers were too long. It was a funny sight.

"Can you turn the light off please?" I asked him. He nodded and turned the main light off.

He went over to the sofa and lay down.  I switched off the lamp, the room turned dark. The weather had calmed down now and all you could hear was the rain bouncing off my windows.

"I'm Phoebe." I said quietly.

"Christopher." He replied. 

Later when I was almost asleep, he whispered.

"Thank you."