Chapter eleven

(The picture is what Sophie looks like)

While we were playing Debbie came over and took the toy that Lisa was playing with which made her cry so I got up and told her to give it back but she didn't listen so after repeating myself and her refusing I stomped on her foot, causing her to drop the toy but she grabbed me by my shirt and held me up so that I couldn't touch the ground while Danny gathered up the toys from Cindy and Lisa, taking them with him to where they had been playing.

Once Danny had taken the toys Debbie dropped me onto the floor from where she had held me up, landing on my feet but losing my balance at first.
As Debbie started to walk away I grabbed her pigtails and pulled them hard which caused her to stop and slightly tumble back.
She pushed me down once I let go of her hair and by now Lisa and Cindy had already gone to get the adults but I didn't care.
I got back up and swung at Debbie with my fists balled tight, hitting her hard enough to knock her back a bit.
My first had just hit Debbie when our parents had walked in.
Elvis quickly grabbed me, stopping me from hitting her again, as Debbie's dad had grabbed her.
I ended up getting into trouble during the party but I got out of it once I had told them what happened.
I got told that I wasn't allowed to hit anyone or to start fights but Elvis said that all I could do was end the fight, which my mommy very happy about but she didn't try to correct him.
Grandpa Vernon says that I have a temper like my daddy, meaning Elvis.

About a week later.
Sophie's POV.
December 30, 1970
My mommy and I had to go back to California last night because of James, the guy my mommy wants to marry.
I don't like him very much, he's mean.
He won't let me ever watch cartoons unless mommy's around, he hits me when he's drunk and sometimes mommy sees him do it but she doesn't ever stop him or move to a different house without him, and he says that I'm a spoiled brat.
Mommy tries to tell me that he's just misunderstood but I think that he's just a mean bully like the kids at school.
I want to go and stay with my daddy but mommy says that I have to stay with her because she loves me and because my daddy is too busy to take care of me even though he takes care of Lisa Marie.
I don't think my mommy loves me anymore though, not since she met James.
She does whatever he says and won't even read me bedtime stories anymore.