Chapter twenty

Lisa and Sophie are playing together in the front yard while Priscilla and I are greeting the guests as they arrive.

April 11,1971
Elvis' POV.
The party started a few hours ago and Sophie has been following me around the entire time instead of playing with the other kids who are here.
She talked to a couple of the kids during the egg hunt and while they decorated Easter baskets but she's being a lot more clingy than usual.
She's been really clingy since we got back to Graceland from Los Angeles and I don't know why.
She used to atleast play with Lisa Marie and Joe's daughter, Cindy, but now she won't even do that anymore and she cries when I leave wherever we're at without her.

April 20, 1971
Still Elvis' POV.
I've tried to get her to do things on her own but she refuses so I haven't been able to do anything without her in days.
Literally anything.
When I'm in the bathroom showering or using the bathroom she sits outside of the bathroom door.
At first I thought that it was sweet but now I'm thinking that something is wrong.
I've called a doctor that I had heard about from a friend of mine who works with children that aren't acting normal to diagnose and help them.

April 28, 1971
Still Elvis' POV.
I took Sophie to see the doctor that I was told about a few days ago.
Her appointment was on the twenty-second and the doctor gave me the results on the twenty-fourth.
It turns out that she has separation anxiety which has made her clingy.
The doctor says that it was either caused by the trauma that she endured while she was with her mom or from moving to Memphis with me and not being with her mom like she used to.