Part 16

Things don't always go to plan though and Louis has been feeling really off the last week or so, work is back to normal thankfully and the respect he and the boys have at work had grown 10 fold after what happened, but Louis is constantly tired and feels like he has a flu, his body feels weak and achy but he has no runny nose or sore throat. His bruises have healed but his side is really, really giving him grief and he doesn't understand why.

It's like this dull ache that won't let up and it just makes him feel sick.

Harry and Scott get up to head to work on Thursday morning, Louis doesn't even stir and Harry and Scott find it strange but go to get ready, Louis is usually right behind them.

By the time Harry and Scott have poured their coffee and Louis his tea, he comes stumbling out of the bedroom still wrapped in a blanket.

"Darling?" Scott asks concerned.

Harry walks over and feels Louis head

"Wow Lou you're burning up" Harry says concerned

"Yeah I'm just going to have the day off, I feel really sick" Louis says and Harry and Scott look towards each other really concerned.

Louis never, ever does this. He usually works through every type of illness or tries to at least.

"Do you need a doctor?" Harry asks seriously

"Or we could take you to the hospital" Scott says as he comes over.

"No I'm okay, I just need to sleep it off" Louis says

Harry and Scott look towards each other

"Okay, we will be checking in all day. We will call Andy to come over after work to check you over okay" Harry says full of authority

"K" Louis says around a yawn.

"Are you sure you're okay? You never let us call Andy" Scott says

"Well I don't want another fight or Harry to end our marriage so I'll compromise" Louis smiles

The boys smile, glad Louis can still make a joke.

They kiss Louis goodbye and head to work, hoping Louis is okay until they get home.

...

Louis is just nodding off on the couch when he hears a knock at the door. He's confused and knows if it was Harry or Scott that they wouldn't  need to knock, maybe they have sent Drew or Jake around to check on him.

He gets up and goes to the door, he looks at the screen and can't pull the door open quick enough.

"Noah" Louis says and they both fall into each other's arms.

"Lou" Noah says as he returns the hug eagerly.

"I saw Harry and Scott leave but not you, I was waiting until you were alone to show myself" Noah says.

"Come in" Louis says as brings Noah inside and shuts the door.

"Gosh it's good to see you" Louis says honestly

"I'm so glad you're okay Lou" Noah says.

They make it to the couch and sit down.

"I'm fine, thanks to you, you've saved my life twice now and I didn't get the chance to thank you, either time" Louis says.

"You definitely don't need to thank me Lou, I'm so sorry for what you've been through" Noah says seriously.

"I'm sorry for what happened with everything, where have you been the last three years? How did you know I would be in the warehouse" Louis asks