Chapter 8

Buckbeak's execution-The revealing truth

Author POV

The four of you makes their way down the slop and past Buckbeak, whose chewing a dead ferret. Hagrid watches Buckbeak as Ron and Harry sits by the couch of the hut while you and Hermione were making tea.

Hagrid: Look at 'em. Loves the smell o' the trees when the wind blows.

Harry: I say we set him free.

He suggest as you facepalm since you knew your Grandpa might be introuble. Hagrid shakes his head and said.

Hagrid: They'd know I did it. And tha' would only get Dumbledore in trouble. Gonna calm down, yeh know. Says he wants ter be with me when it.. when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore

Hermione: We'll stay with you too, Hagrid.

Hagrid: Yeh will not! Think I wan' yeh seein' a thing like this! No Yeh'll drink yer tea an' be off, But before yeh do I wan' ter see you an' Ron shake hands, Harry and Y/N.

He protested as Ron and Harry exchange a glance, then look to Hagrid.

Hagrid: Thin I haven' seen ow' it's bin betw'n you two? Go on now...

You: Hagrid's right. Besides you two acted like a married couple everyday.

You said with a huff as Ron extend their hands then to you. While you and Ron were shaking hands, Ron blush at the warm feeling of your hands making Harry and Hermione glare at him with jealousy.

Hagrid: Good. Now then. Ron, I wan' ter see you give Hermione a hug.

Hermione's eyes widened when she heard that.

Hermione: WHAT!

Hagrid: Go on! You two've been at it all year. An' I'm sick o' it.

Acutely uncomfortable, Hermione and Ron steps forward then perform the most awkward hug Hogwarts have never seen. You facepalm at the sight.

Hagrid: Crikey, tha's jus' abou' the most pathetic hug I e'er seen. But yeh did it, an' tha's wha' matter. There's jus' one other thing.

Ron: I'm not kissing Fang if that's what you're thinking.

He cut Hagrid off as Fang heard his name and thumps his tail happily on the floor. Hagrid turns, takes the lid from a flour tin, a tiny head, ears flecked with powder emerges.

Ron: Scabbers! You're alive!

Hagrid: Yeh should keep a closer eye on yer pets, Ron.

Hermione: I think you owe someone an apology.

Ron: Right. Next time I see, crookshanks, I'll let him know.

Hermione: I meant me.

She corrected herself as Hagrid sigh.

Hagrid: Crikey. Here we go again.

A smash sound was heard form the glass jar on the shelf shatters. As Hermione scoops up a jagged star-shaped stone, a second stone bounces off the back of Harry's head.

Harry: Ow.

You: Are you okay?

You ask worriedly making Harry blush and nodded yes. The two of you turn around looking at the window.

Harry: Hagrid.

Everyone turns around and looks. Dumbledore and Fudge arrive behind them, in a fluttering shroud of crows is the executioner follows holding an axe at his side. Hagrid begins to panic.