14. Resolutions

A/N: i am scared for you guys to read this lmao idk what ur reaction will be. on that note... smut warning. reader discretion advised

I was facing the other way, but I could still tell when Ron finally came in. The hallway light shone on my back and the door creaked ever so slightly.

I could feel his presence as I heard him sigh and slide under the covers next to me. I did my best to keep my breaths quiet and even so he'd think I was asleep.

"What, you can't even look at me?" he exhaled sharply.

"No," I responded shortly, refusing to face him.

"Why not?"

"Because!" I exclaimed, giving in and turning to look at him. "You're an ass!"

"Oh, so I'm an ass for not wanting you to get with my own brother!" he shouted back, sitting up in his rage.

"No, you're an ass for thinking you control me! Fred and I are our own people you know!" With that I sat up too, to make sure he knew I was mad.

"I know you're your own people. I just don't want you to be your own people together," he spat, bringing his hands together as he spoke. "You and him wouldn't even work!"

"Excuse me for wanting someone to hang out with during break!" I yelled. "Don't act like you haven't been ignoring me this whole week to hang out with Celeste."

"I like Celeste! And I'm trying to win the stupid bet!"

The door suddenly pushed open, and Molly poked her head in hesitantly. "Everything okay in here?" she asked in an exhausted tone, surveying Ron and I both sitting up in bed in the midst of an argument.

"Everything's fine, mum," Ron huffed, rubbing his eyes exhaustedly.

"I heard yelling..." she trailed off, looking to me for a better explanation.

I gave her a phony smile. "Sorry, Molly. We were just arguing about..." I looked to Ron for a good fake argument idea.

"Rules," he cut in.

Molly certainly wasn't expecting that answer as she pulled her head back in surprise. "Rules?" she repeated.

"Yeah, Ron thinks there should be certain rules about our friendship," I answered, stealing a quick glance at him. "And I don't agree."

"Okay dears," she sighed, giving up on understanding what we meant and stepping back out of the doorway. "Just keep your arguing about these rules a bit quieter. There's other people in this house trying to sleep."

"Sorry," Ron and I whispered simultaneously as she gave us one final smile and closed the door.

I reached over to my side table to grab my wand and cast a silencing charm so that we'd be able to continue our fight without disturbing the rest of the house.

"The difference is," Ron continued. "I actually like Celeste. You're just flirting with Fred to get back at me."

"Get back at you for what?" I asked. "How is flirting with Fred revenge?"

Ron pursed his lips before opening his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"Not everything is about you, Ronald," I sighed, propping myself up on my elbow and resting my head on my hand.

And yet, it was about him.

"Never mind," he hissed, laying his head back down and facing the opposite way on his pillow. "Just forget it. Make out with Fred, see if I care."