Chapter eight

The heavy tention and the sexual awareness in the car was too much to bear. Her gaze just kept straying to him, Edwin caught her staring,  he smile and she turn molten, she advert her gaze to the window with the wind blowing around her face she tuck it behind her ear and lick her suddenly dry lips, as if her eyes has a life of it own she found herself staring at him again she rove her eyes all over him, his hair was still wet and the wind blow it across face which makes her want to feel how soft it was, she remember how she had hold on to that same hair when he had thrust into her six years ago, she clench her hand into a fist. Finally he pulled to a stop in front of her house, she is so grateful, she hurriedly got out of the car wanting to stay far away from him as possible, he walk her to the door, "thank you Mr desmo............. "Edwin, please call me edwin" he pleaded. Anastasia was not going to let that plea get to her again, she cleared her throat "Mr desmond and good night" she continued, she open her door and walk in and slam it in his face and  lean back her eyes close, she will not cry she told her self. She has to go to bed early, but sleep is almost an impossible thing to do.

"Mr Williams told me he likes you yesterday night" tily said excitedly her eyes gleaming, Anastasia was not surprised cause she saw how he was staring at her all night at her birthday  " oh ana, you need to see how drunk and miserable he was yesterday, he said he has been thinking of you since he saw you in that red dress you wore that day... remember?  "Yes but you know I am seeing someone else, well Steve is picking me for dinner tomorrow night" she said excitedly "oh ana while you are on a date  with Steve I will be busy seducing Mr hot  and handsome, our new boss" tily said dreamily. Anastasia heart skip a bit, she really can't keep this from her best friend "Tily I can't keep this from you, it's killing me, it is Mr desmond"she didnt want to say his name out loud cause it bring back old memories. "What happened, did he fired you, I hear he is in charge of the company now" " no it not  that"she said, blushing slightly. "Then what? Tily insisted. "Me and.............. Edwin had an affair six years ago and he dupe me for his father properties. "No way! Tily exclaimed "no wonder " she said "no wonder what?Anastasia ask running her hand through her hair "yes, I noticed him staring at you through out the party, his eye's never left you, You were also looking at him instead of Steve, and there was this hurt look on your face, well no wonder he made you his personal assistant, Ana, do you still love him? Even if not love you may still like him or have feelings for him"Tily said worriedly. Oh god tily is right, she cant lie to herself, she still loves him a little and likes him a lot and even have feelings for him a little bit but her pride won't let her see reason, she will get over him, find her own dream man and move on with her pathetic life.  "I dont have anything for him tily, he hurt me and I will never expose myself to such hurt and miserable naive girl that I was, enough about him and talk about something else" she said in a choked voice willing her self not to cry, she had vow that she will not cry over him again.