Chapter 8 - The start of the end

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I could see a scowl trying to make its way to his face, but he quickly masks it.

"What is the most useless talent you have?"

I couldn't just help myself. "I have no clue how to play sports."

"So, in high school, you weren't on any athletic-related team?" He catches on to my drift and goes with it, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Nope, just school work and I. What were your high school days like, Ken?"

"As normal as it could be, what do you like doing in your free time?"

"Spending it with my sister," I reply honestly, no matter how annoying Gail can be; I love her anyway.

"Apart from English, what other language can you speak?"

"Only English, but I was thinking of learning Spanish."

"To charm, mi Amor?"

'He doesn't quit, does he?' I thought, as I let out a sly smile.

"How about a quick performance for us?" he asks.

"An offer to sing? I thought you would never ask," I say cockily.

I get up and grab a guitar from one of the set managers. I sit back down and strum the guitar while singing my first ever song on the empatía album.

It's more of a cowboy theme song with a hint about family. My mom would sing it to Abigail and me all the time before the accident.

"Amazing," Ken's loud voice booms, successfully knocking me out of my trance. I didn't even know that I was already done.

I remove the guitar from my neck, place it on the floor, and then adjust my sleeves.

"Before we end the show for tonight, do you have anything to say to your fans?"

I nod before turning to face the camera. "Treasure your family, be them blood or not, because you are both lucky to have each other."

"So I'll see you all next week in the Bahamas; as Caleb begins his world tour. See y'all in the next show right here in K-entertainment." Ken claps his hands as I follow suit.

"And clear!" One of the crew members announces.

The stage lights go dim while the room brightens up more.

Ken and I stand up and shake hands. "You're a smartass kid Caleb," Ken says.

I did a light bow with an amused grin. "Right back at you, Ken."

"Save me a ticket to your concert, alright?"

"It's already booked."

My attention and lungs are knocked away when a small but painful force lands on me. My vision is full of black braids which were intent on making me go blind, and I think they were winning.

"Caleb, that was amaze-balls!" Gail screeches, taking on a new mission to make me go deaf.

I let out a light laugh as I place her back on the ground. Before I can fully stand, a hand clamps on my back so aggressively that I almost fall to the ground.

"Boy, you did well." Marcel claps my back once more before making me stand up. Sure, I was taller than him by an inch, but his attitude would never allow me to look down on him literally.

"For now, just practice your songs and dance routines. Leave the rest to Jack and me, okay?"

I nodded in reply.

"Speaking of Jack, my pal back at a club called and said he's been there for about a day. And he is stinking up the whole place. Take Jacob and fix it."