Chapter X, 2036~ Albus Potter

The letter had arrived the day after the sorting ceremony. Albus had dropped the letter when he had read it. And then he tore it up. Then he had thrown it into the fire. It had taken awhile for him to calm down. Albus couldn't believe it. His own daughter, a Gryffindor. To say that Albus had been shocked when he found out was an understatement. He was astonished. Never in a thousand years did Albus think his daughter's rebellious fire would land her in Gryffindor. But then again, he should have known better. Amber was so much like Drew, but Albus had always hoped that she would still be sorted into Slytherin. After receiving the letter there was a split second in which Albus considered stopping his vendetta against his father, but only for a second. As soon as the thought had crossed Albus's mind he banished it from his thoughts. 

Night had soon fallen, bringing an end to the day in which Albus had received the letter, and as Albus lay in bed, he remembered another letter, that had shattered his world. To this day, Albus was still confused and very angry about not being accepted into the auror program. Albus had had perfect grades at school and had a recommendation from Harry Potter himself. Albus train of thought came to a stop. If he had a recommendation from Harry, then that would have to mean that Harry wasn't the one who determined who became an auror. Albus came to the decision that his anger with Harry was misplaced and, until he found out who rejected him, and asked them why they did so, Albus would not set his plans in motion. Albus then decided to visit Harry tomorrow to search for answers.

The next day Albus apparated onto the doorstep of his father's house, and slowly raised his hand to knock on the door, it was time to get answers. Once Albus knocked he waited for about 30 seconds, before Ginny opened the door. She was clearly VERY surprised to see him, but nevertheless, let Albus into the house. He sat down on a chair in the living room and Ginny soon joined him. "It's really nice to see you Albus," Ginny said, attempting to strike up a conversation, "It has been such a long time since I saw you last."

"Let's skip the chat," Albus replied rather cooly, "I am here to talk to Harry about a couple of things regarding the auror program at the ministry and that is all. Could you please tell him to come to my house after he returns from work so we can talk?"

Ginny looked a bit startled after hearing the cool, business-like tone of her son's voice, but wasn't in the mood to comment on it. "I'll let him know son," Ginny replied with a sigh, "It was nice seeing you though." With that, Albus walked out of his parent's house and apparated back to his own house. 

It was around 6 o'clock when Harry finally arrived at Albus's house. Albus opened the door for Harry before he could even knock. To say that Albus had been waiting for Harry's arrival for a good part of the day was an understatement. Albus had been on pins and needles waiting for Harry. This conversation could make a huge impact on Albus's life, and it was best that he found out sooner rather than later. 

"So," Harry began slowly, after he and Albus had sat down across from each other in the sitting room, "It has come to my attention that you would like to ask me a few questions regarding the auror program at the ministry of magic." Harry looked at Albus for confirmation and, upon seeing Albus's nod, he went on; "Before we begin this conversation, I just want to explain to you that I was not the one who denied your application to the auror program. In fact, I didn't know you had applied until Scorpius told me while the two of you were still at Hogwarts, but it was after they had chosen who they wanted and who they didn't," Harry finished. 

Albus remembered the last, painful, conversation he had had with his father, and clenched his fists, trying to keep his anger at bay and have a normal conversation. "So you didn't get my letter asking for your recommendation to put on my application to the department?" Albus asked, a bit confused now. 

"No!" Harry exclaimed, "Like I said earlier, Scorpius was the one who told me that you had wanted to become an auror."

Albus looked right at his father and then said, in a very sad tone, "You could have just said that you didn't think I would be a good auror you know. you didn't have to lie to me." Albus was close to tears, and was still trying desperately to keep his anger at bay. 

"Son," Harry said. Clearly, he had not been expecting Albus to find out his lies, "I just feel like you are made for more in this world, and that being an auror really wouldn't be right for you, and besides I wasn't the one that rejected you, it was the applicant panel. A panel made up of trustworthy aurors who are tasked with finding new aurors to serve the ministry."

Albus looked at his father, the disgust and disbelief clear on his face, and spat out "So you're telling me that a panel of Gryffindors were the ones that rejected me? And don't give me that you were made for better nonsense, does this panel truly think that I'm not trustworthy because I'm a Slytherin, and if that's true, then how did Scorpius get in?" Albus looked at his father, whose face had paled considerably at the mention of Scorpius. It only took a few seconds for Albus to piece together what had happened, "You gave him a recommendation didn't you!" Albus was furious now, "So being an auror was the right job for Scorpius!? You always favored James over me, but I never thought you would favor my friend over me!"

"Albus," Harry began, trying to salvage the situation, "I only wrote a recommendation for Scorpius because I truly felt like he would do a good job, as for you, I couldn't stop thinking about the incident, what if that were to happen again?"

"THAT WAS ONE TIME," Albus roared, "AND YOU KNOW I DIDN"T MEAN TO HURT HER!"

"And yet you still did," Harry said, rather savagely, "You hurt a small child because they made one comment about the Slytherin house, and it wasn't even a rude comment. The prejudice against the Slytherin house is very present in the ministry and that Child's comment would sound like a compliment compared to some of the things these ministry members would say  about your house. You simply are not... stable enough to be in an environment like that." Harry finished. With that Harry stop and walked out of the house. Albus knew that Harry was right, but that didn't mean that he was happy, and this definitely didn't mean that he would stop his plans. No, this would only speed up Albus' schemes, and soon the time would come for Albus to set his plan in motion, and the results would affect people across the wizarding community. 

a/n sorry if this part was boring or repetitive, the next part should be really good so I hope you guys like it. As always please vote and comment with feedback!