Chapter I, 2026~ Albus Potter

The marriage had been a quiet affair both man and woman seeking to escape their families, one a muggle, one a wizard, two outcasts. Albus first met Drew Elliot on a trip to Gringotts. He was headed to Diagon Alley moving with such determination that he didn't see the brown haired woman until he ran right into her and made her spill her drink all over herself. Albus had then taken her out to lunch to apologize, the two became good friends and ended up meeting multiple other times. When Albus told her about being a wizard she didn't even flinch, instead she told him about how her older sister was actually a witch and she herself wasn't. The two realized that they in fact had a great deal in common, one night Albus asked Drew to be his girlfriend, and after a year and a half of dating, Albus had gotten down on one knee and asked her to marry him. A month later Drew Elliot became Drew Potter after a wedding that hadn't been exactly what either had hoped for, both the Potters and the Elliots had come, they ended up living very happily together in a house in Godric's Hallow. 

Albus was extremely nervous. Drew was around 35 weeks pregnant and would probably have a child any week now. Albus didn't want to be the dad to his soon to be kids that Harry had been to him. Albus was sitting at the dinning room table, his hands around a mug of coffee when Drew came into the room, her usual smile on her face. She walked over to Albus and wrapped her arms around him and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"How are you this morning honey," she asked, arms around Albus still.

"I'm fine." Albus replied standing up slowly, "I was just about to head into work." Drew fixed him with a hard stare, she knew how much he hated his job.

"You know you could always try again at applying for auror training," Drew suggested tentatively, "I know it's what you really want to do for a living, put this ministry desk job in the past and pursue what you want."

Albus quickly shook his head angrily "I told you already, they don't want a Slytherin working for them." He practically shouted, "Besides, I have more important things to worry about than my aspirations." He looked at his wife's growing belly pointedly. 

"I just-" she began but Albus cut her off with a look and, running his hand through his hair, gave her a tired smile before turning and stopping in the doorframe, hand on the door nob.

"Please, drop it," Albus asked before turning and walking out the door to go to work. 

After seeing her husband safely out of the house Drew sighed and leaned on the table. She loved her husband with all her heart but he could be such a handful sometimes. What she did know was that she couldn't imagine life without him and thanked the gods everyday that he had ran into her that fateful day in London. Little did she know was that if she hadn't stumbled into Albus's life he would have started down a very dark and reckless path. She kept him from going down that same path everyday she interacted with and loved on him. 

Albus was sitting at his desk in the Ministry of Magic in the Department of Magical Transportation brooding and feeling extremely sorry for himself when the owl landed on his desk, a letter from St. Mungos tied to its leg. He quickly tore the letter off of the owl and read it as quickly as humanly possible, the baby was coming, early. Without a moments hesitation Albus jumped out of his desk and sprinted out of the Ministry, not even stopping when his boss shouted at him. As soon as Albus cleared the no apparition zone he turned on the spot and seconds later found himself outside of St. Mungos. He ran up to the receptionist and, gasping, asked hurriedly "WhereismywifeIneedtoseeherissheokay?" 

The receptionist looked up slowly and stared at him for a few moments then, as recognition dawned on her face she answered "Oh its Harry Potter's son," Albus glared at her angrily but, anxious to see his wife, let her continue. "Yes, yes your wife came in earlier, she was in a right state, I'll have an attendant take you up to her room. 

Albus entered the room and was met with a shock indeed, Drew was laying on the bed, incredibly pale, and panting. He ran over and grabbed her hand, kneeling at his wife's side, giving her all of his attention. "I'm here Drew, I'm here," Albus managed to get out through the tearless sobs that were racking his body, leaving him trembling. Drew managed a weak smile at Albus, but didn't have the strength for words. A mediwitch ran into the room and, upon seeing the state of Drew Potter, quickly called for help. After a great deal of persuasion and shouting Albus left the room to give the doctors space.

After several anxious hours and multiple angry outbursts an extremely tired looking mediwitch came out into the hallway to collect Albus. Her expression was extremely worn but there was a trace of something else......sadness. Albus picked up on this sadness almost at immediately. "WHAT'S WRONG!" He shouted at the poor mediwitch, he almost immediately regretted his outburst and cleared his throat before trying again "What happened?"

The mediwitch nervously looked at Albus before telling him exactly what happened "You're wife," she started "She, she had twins."

"Well that's great" Albus said eagerly "Can I see Drew now?"

"You didn't let me finish" the mediwitch went on "The birth didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped, and..." the medwitch trailed off and had to take a deep breath before continuing, " She's dying Albus." The medwitch was in tears now, "She's dying and there's nothing we can do to save her."

Albus just stared at her. There was no way that his wife, his Drew was in that room dying, but yet  there he was. The medwitch brought him into her room and upon seeing his wife lying there on the brink of death brought the well composed Albus Potter to tears. He collapsed at Drew's side, tears streaming down his face, begging Drew to not leave him, to stay with him. But as the clock struck midnight on the 3rd of November, Drew Potter's heart gave one final beat before stopping, forever.