~ Gundham Tanaka x Reader ~

/Title/
I Make Food, You Hold Me

|Disclaimer|
Hell Mentions {For The Religious Folk}

• Universe •
Non-Killing AU

\Requested By\
N/A

|POV|
Reader

You watched the Overlord of Ice lean into the mirror. He ran his hands through his messy hair, a focused expression painted across his face. He let out hum of concentration. It was cute, how the Devas sat on the sink to observe him. Cham-P was copying him, looking into the shining faucet and messing with his fur.

You smiled softly, leaning on the door frame. You found his humming satisfying. You could image how his chest would be rumbling, his deep voice vibrating his throat too. You liked to feel the rumble and vibration of his chest whenever he hummed or spoke.

You watched as the boy finished his hair and let it hang over his face for a moment. He let out another hum, his lips up a bit in thought. He then noticed you in the mirror's reflection. He turned around to look at you, a few stray hairs falling over his eyes.

Sun-D sleepily looked toward you, a soft squeak erupting from his tiny mouth. Maga-Z squeaked too, though more happily and cheerfully. You smiled at them, finding them adorable. You wouldn't say that out loud though, they would be offended as well as Gundham.

"I suppose you came to watch a king at work during his morning duties?" One corner of his lips lifted up, a smirk now planted upon his features. He looked down, eyes closed as he chuckled softly. "I don't blame you, so many mortals would die to see it! You must feel so privileged to see an overlord perform his daily duties hundreds of times over."

You went over, taking your fingers carefully around his stranded hair pieces. He opens his eyes, his smirk growing slightly. You ran your hands through his newly dampened hair, the hair strands slicking back. He watched as you played with his hair for a moment.

"It's soft," you said, pulling your arm back. "As always. Does my king have any royal duties to perform today?" You took the collar of his shirt and fixed it, since it was rolled a bit.

"Not as of yet," he said, confident there would be one. "Though I'm sure a message will be sent for my presence."

You sighed softly, always so used to being alone. So many people called for several reasons; pet sitting, helping with labor, helping to train the animals, taking animals in, and sometimes even finding lost pets. So many people in town went to him instead of vets. The only thing the vets were good for anymore were if the animals needed to get surgery or medicine. Gundham always looked them over, always patched them up. Though he wasn't a vet, he was a breeder with a hella lot of knowledge.

Often, with all of this, Gundham's day was filled to the brim. It was a miracle no one had called while he was in the shower. He gets paid a lot, though he never asks for it. They pay whatever they think he deserves, and no matter how much it is there are still several others. The money piles up, but he wasn't rich. You both just never needed to worry about bills or groceries.

Gundham saw the look on your face, taking an index finger and a thumb to your chin. He gently rubbed your chin with his thumb as he studied your eyes. He found them enchanting, hypnotic even. It pained him to see that expression on your face.