|| Prologue ||

Hello, reader. This is the rewritten version of my story "The Wolf & The Moon". The details and plot line are different, although at some points it may not seem like it. So, please, do not skip through these chapters. Read it as if it is your first time. Once again, if you were a previous reader, welcome back to Delnavei. And to those of you who are new:  I hope you enjoy your stay. Remember to inform me if there are any mistakes that you notice, or a sentence that doesn't seem to flow. I'd appreciate it ^_^

|| Prologue ||

|| The Wolf & The Moon||

        The wolf stumbled upon a large opening in the middle of the forest of Delnavei. With the cover of night on his side and the moon hidden behind the clouds not daring to peek out, he stealthily moved through the bushes and with cautious steps, he entered the opening. He had never seen this place before. It was as if something had kept it hidden from his eyes, shielding it from the destruction that liked to follow in his footsteps. 

Something here called out to him, awaiting his arrival and as he had begun to look around he heard a splash from somewhere within the clearing and quickly bolted back inside the nearby bushes. Not knowing if it was predator or prey that he had heard he poked his large head through the thicket.

If anyone were to see the wolf they'd surely laugh, or at least be somewhat amused. The wolf gazed at the woman who sat at a bench made of stone as she swished her feet in a pond that was as clear as crystal, his eyes wide with fascination that he did not know that he could hold within him until this very moment.

The woman's hair cascaded like a waterfall down her back, its curls like the waves of the ocean and white as snow. She glowed. Her pale skin glowed like a firefly in the night and If it were not for her ethereal glow he would have believed her to be a mortal soul as she began to twirl with her arms spread wide, a sound escaping her lips, a soft giggle, effervescent and loud enough for only his ears to hear. She looked like a woman who had not yet discovered the feeling of peril or fear, the minuscule notion was almost too much for his wizened mind to grasp.

The wolf was captivated- so entranced that he didn't notice the small, almost predatory steps he was making toward her until it was too late, the twig snapping underneath his large paw from the pressure of his weight, making the woman aware of his presence.  

                Maybe she did not notice, he thought to himself.

                I seriously doubt that, human. You are clearly in denial. The wolf inside him replied with a tone of derision. No, this one is different. Don't you sense it? The power that lingers in the air around her is much stronger than that of which I've seen in the centuries we have been alive.

He didn't get a chance to respond because when the woman turned her head, the wolf could not believe his eyes as her face held such beauty that it overwhelmed him, made him want to drop to his knees as his breath got caught in his throat for a short moment.

                Never in my days have I seen such a spectacle like this.

                The wolf in him agreed. 

Her eyes were grey like storm clouds but there was no raging storm inside them, instead there was only calm softness as her lips, like raspberry colored cream began to curl up to greet him with a smile and he wondered what it would be like to recieve such a welcome more than once, like an old friend had returned to her.

In the moment of his reverie she had knelt down, sitting with her legs beneath her and gently placed her delicate hands in her lap, much like a child would as she observed the wolf like he had done to her, wondering towards his hesitancy. Much larger than the wolves that she had met in the past, this wolf, even from a distance, towered over her as if he were the tallest building compared to house's that lined hometown streets making her feel quite meek in comparison.

She reached her petite hand out and spoke words of reassurance. "There is no need to stay so far away from me." She stated as a giggle left her lips for a second time, making the wolf's ears perk up like mountain tops, "Come now, there is no need to be shy. You know, it's impolite to keep a lady waiting."

        Every word she said seemed to echo and retract like a bad soundtrack but he loved the harmony.

His body, that of which seemed to be no longer his own, began to make tentative steps toward her at her pleasant command, and when he was in front of her she reached up to him, placing her hand on the top of his head. Her fingers thread through his abyss-like fur and he found that her tender touch and slight hum of her's was a dangerous mixture that made him want to purr like a content cat and he knew, from that moment on,

he was bound to her.