|| Everlasting ||

|| ➍Chapter ➍ ||

|| Everlasting ||

|| Part Two ᴏғ Aғᴛᴇʀ Tʜᴇ ғᴀʟʟ ||

        "I told you that I'd see you in the morning.He repeated the promise, the soft smile growing on his lips.

It had been eleven nights since his death and ever since then she had been anxiously awaiting his arrivel, but as she turned her head to look at him that anxiousness was replaced by joy. He had been searching for her all over Lunaria, a realm he was quite unfamilliar with, it's halls and gardens like mazes.

Finally he found her hiding away in the Courtyard of the Three Moons, sitting in the same way she had when he first saw her, still just as beautiful, maybe even more so. She did not know how he had found her so quickly. Yes, she had given him a small push through some of the lower realms but she had though it would take him much longer to find her.

What occured next, happened so quickly, almost in the blink of an eye. She stood to greet him out of habit of her teachings, but as she stood her foot got caught on her dress and she quickly lost her footing and fell backwards into the fountain that was conviniently placed behind her, creating a large splash.

He couldn't help the laughter that escaped him even though he tried but to see someone so graceful as her act so clumsy was just not something he was expecting to ever see in his life. He looked at her, seeing that she was drenched from head to toe as her dress clung to her body, the ends of her hair floating in the water only made him want to laugh harder.

His laughter like a flower's petal touched her ears as she let out a huff of air and blew the wet strand of hair out of her face.

Only once his laughter had died down, he held his hand out to her, offering to pull her up and when she placed her hand in his- the warmth that spread through his body was a welcomed sensation after the cold nights he had spent without her by his side.

        "Are you alright, my Moon?" He asked her, observing the way her cheeks turned a rosy pink shade. A contrast that he though was quite beautiful against her pale skin.

        "Yes, quite alright," She replied with her hand still entwined with his. Neither one made an effort to pull away, not wanting to pull away, enjoying the comfort that such a simple gesture brought to both of them.

        "What happened?" She asked with a tilt of her head when she noticed how tired he looked. He didn't feel the need to go into deatail about this particular journey- He now knew how dangerous tavelling between the two world's was, the darkness was still clawing at his skin like beasts with insatiable hunger but she wanted to know and he was not going to deny her.

        "Well, how much time do  you have?" He asked, staring down at her petite frame.

        "For you? An eternity..." She said with a soft smile that warmed him and chased away anything negative that he could have posibly felt in that moment.

|||

So they talked. They talked about everything, their lives, the sun and the moon, the night stars. And their laughter rung through Lunaria informing everyone in that moment that balance has once again been restored  to the realm for Artume and Lua were once again reunited, laughing in the face of those who had tried to beat fate.

         "You know, I still want a rematch of our game of hide and seek."