Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

Mia rolled her eyes, turning over to the rest of them. "Hi, guys, and I'm so happy you came, Destiny!"

"Me too," She smiled warmly.

Brandon chimed in. "So, we have a couple of kegs out back and then the hard shit in the kitchen. Help yourselves all you want."

"Thanks, man," Nix said.

"Of course," He spoke kindly before looking down at Mia. "Hey, do you want another drink?"

There was a smile in her eyes as her cheeks became the shade of a cherry. "Sure, that'd be great."

"Come on, then let's go get you one," He placed his hand on Mia's back, turning his head back at us for only a second. "Go have the best time, guys. My house is yours."

"They're cute," Destiny said as they wandered off together.

"Right?" My smile matched hers.

The four of us ended up walking further into the house. When I looked out the sliding glass door, I spotted my brother and Lily chatting with a few people. I pointed them out to the others, and we made our way out there to join them.

"Oh, what up," Ryder spotted us as they both met us in the middle of the yard

Just as Phoenix began to talk about something with Ryder, Jackson, and Destiny, Lily pulled me aside.

"Ty's here," She spoke in a quiet tone.

"He is?" I arched a brow, scanning the area for his face.

"Yes, and the last time I saw him, it ended on pretty shitty terms."

"Does Ryder know?" I asked.

"That it ended badly or that he's here?"

"Uhh, both."

She let out a deep sigh. "Yes, and yes."

"Has he talked to you at all?"

"No," Lily shook her head. "Thank god, but when we got here, he and I made eye contact. I've been trying to avoid any confrontation with him at all costs."

I tilted my head to the side. "That's a little hard to do when you are both at the same party, though, and he doesn't seem like the type not to say something."

She groaned, being reminded of what she already knew. "Maybe he doesn't actually care, and he's moved on."

"Maybe... let's hope," I patted her on the shoulder with a small smile. "Wait, he didn't bring Chase, did he?"

"I don't know," Her shoulders shrugged. "I haven't seen him."

"Okay, good," I sighed in relief.

"You guys sharing secrets over here without us?" Ryder joked as he and Nix joined our private little huddle.

Lily looked up at him, nervously chuckling. "Oh yeah, you caught us."