Chapter Forty-Nine

Scarlett

"We dib this one," I shouted down the hallway of the second floor, pulling Phoenix inside without knowing what it even looked like.

Nix had both of our large suitcases and a tote bag trying to squeeze through the door before I shut it behind him. "Damn, baby, someone's a little excited," He lightly chuckled, putting down our bags.

I smiled with no shame. "Hey, Ryder and Lily were about to head this way, so I went with my gut and chose this room."

A sweet grin formed on his face before he looked around. "Well, I'd say that your gut chose pretty well."

My body turned, walking further into the room to take it all in

My body turned, walking further into the room to take it all in. "This is so pretty," I placed my purse on the bedstand. "

"Look, babe, we have a balcony facing the beach," He walked past me, standing in front of one of the large windows.

My brow slightly raised in amusement. "Who's the excited one now?"

He glanced back, laughing. "Okay, okay, but this view is pretty nice."

I stood beside him, looking out. "It sure beats the view we have in our room at the apartment of the parking lot by the dumpsters."

"Hm, I don't know if this can compete with that, though," He joked as a giggle escaped me.

The giant king-size bed caught the corner of my eye. "The only thing that will determine if we have the best room is if the bed is comfy."

"It might take us a while to find it with all those damn pillows. They don't even look like they would be nice to sleep on."

"You aren't suppose to sleep on them, Nixie,"

His forehead creased. "Then what the hell do you do with them?"

"Nothing...they're there to add to the aesthetic of the room like a decoration," I shrugged.

"Huh," He said. "Well, they can add to the aesthetic over by that wall there this weekend."

I laughed loudly. "I didn't know pillows could bother you so much."

"If it's not comfortable and you can't sleep with it, then it's just a pillow imposter."

"You are something else, babe," I shook my head, smiling. "Don't worry, though, I'll take care of them for you," Those were my last words before I dove onto the bed and on top of all the pillows as some of them fell off the edges. My body sunk into the squishiest mattress. "Ohhhh."

Nix raised a brow. "I've heard that sound from you once or twice. That good, huh?" He teased as my head flew up.

"Ha-ha, you're hilarious," A sarcastic smile appeared on my face. "But seriously, it feels like I'm on a giant marshmallow."