Love Shines Like Fireworks #1

It was finally holiday season on the island of Sodor. A magical time of the year, when snow started to fall from the sky. Vehicles of every type started using snow protections to avoid accidents, so their activities couldn't be delayed.

Though the flaws, there was still some positive factors. It was more bound to engines arrive on the island either to pass Christmas or to become a worker. Ashima for example, a participant of the Great Race, was bought and since then she's been working nicely, while also making new friends.

The cold winter breeze blew across the blue sky as Ashima puffed up at Vicarstown Station, pulling a goods train full of supliments. Most of the jobs she did at the Mainland. She didn't know why, but she just loved working there.

The manager of the station walked over to the platform and smiled as he spotted the hot pink engine. "Well done, Ashima! Another train delivered without any delay! That's the spirit, keep up the good work!"

"Thank you so much, sir." She smiled, looking down at the man with contentment.

"Now, Ashima. Sir Topham already told you that, but later this afternoon, a huge snow storm will take over. So the next work you'll do will be the last one before you return to the sheds." He disclosed.

"What's my last work?" She inquired, wheeshing some steam in curiosity.

"I want you to get a train of pipes at Brendam Docks and take it to Wellsworth Station. The train is pretty heavy so it'll be separated in two to make the task easier. There'll also be an engine to help you out."

"Yes, sir! I'll do my best, sir!" Ashima tooted. As the manager walked away, she wheeshed some steam and she puffed out the station, looking forward to the last day's activity.

After a while of rapid puffing, the noisy place came into sight. She applied her brakes and came to a stop, looking around before her eyes locked on the trains. 3 flatbeds, each of them loading a pile of apparently 10 metal pipes.

Ashima then remembered that one engine would help her with the work, so as far as she knew, they hadn't arrived yet.

Patiently yet anxiously she waited for them, wheeshing some steam and thinking about lord knows what. Suddenly a familiar whistle called her attention. Knowing who it belonged, she grinned excitedly.

"Oh, hello there, Ashima!" beamed a cheerful Thomas as he noticed the pink engine's presence. "I hope you wasn't waiting for so long! I've just dropped off Annie and Clarabel and I was puffing as fast as I can to not be late!"

"Don't worry, Thomas. I've just arrived as well." Ashima pointed out.

"Oh, I'm glad to know!" chuckled Thomas as a soft shade of red covered his cheeks. "Anyway, let's start with our job, shouldn't we?"

Ashima simply shook her head in affirmation. She watched as Thomas changed tracks to couple up to his train. She did the same afterwards.

Since their trains were already prepared, they didn't have to worry about waiting. They just whistled twice and so they went on with their job.

*Time skip.*

Throughout the ride, they haven't exchanged words to each other. At most some glances, but that's about it. Gordon's hill then came into their sights and so they stopped at its base.

"Well....Now it's time for us to be really cautelous." Ashima piped up as she looked at Thomas, finally breaking the silence.

"Y-Yeah, sure..." chuckled Thomas awkwardly.

Ashima raised an eyebrow, looking confused with Thomas' behavior. But she just shrugged it off and she started puffing up the hill.

Thomas started puffing soon after her, catching up with her pace. Though he should focus on being careful as the tracks were slippery, his mind currently was set on something else.

He looked over at the pink engine, noticing her paintwork glistening with the faint sunlight. His cheeks burned up with a blush. No one knew it, but recently he started to develope a crush on Ashima.

Yes, he already met her before, but only when she started working here that he noticed her qualities. He cared a lot about her, to the point of saving her so she could win the race, and even spending time at her railway. The lots of fun they had. He wished he could live this moment once again.

"Thomas."

Thoughts came in and out of his mind, each of them making him blush more.

"Thomas."

He started creating expectations. Not certain which of them was right. Most of them weren't of great importance though.

"Thomas..."

But a question popped up on his mind. Did she love him back?

"THOMAS!"

Suddenly coming to his senses, he snapped back to reality and noticed he was so caught up on his thoughts that he didn't realize they've reached the top. And worse, that he was going down the hill in high speed due to his carelessness.

Ashima wheeshed some steam and started chasing after Thomas. Not so fast so she could slip on the tracks, but yet in a steady pace. She whistled alarmingly as a message for him to apply his brakes.

Luckily for her, Thomas got the message. He started applying his brakes as hard as he could, but unluckily, it didn't work. The tracks were way too slippery. They then spotted a huge tree laying in the middle of the tracks, causing Ashima to panick.

"Thomas!" She yelled.

Before she knew, he bashed over the tree and he went off the tracks. The rope that held the pipes of his train snapped, and they rolled from the platforms onto the floor. Seconds later, Thomas crashed laying on his side, causing a huge crack on his left tank. He passed out in that instant.

"Hold on, Thomas!" assured Ashima desperately. "I'll search for help!" She wheeshed some steam and took off as fast as she could to do just that.

A few minutes later, she came back, but not alone. Rocky, Edward and Percy looked over and noticed Thomas laying there, not doing any sound.

"Oh my gosh..." exclaimed Edward, feeling totally flabbergasted. "What happened to him?"

"We've just gotten up the hill and I started to warn him that, but he didn't hear it as if he was in a trance or something." disclosed Ashima, "And so he went down the hill really fast with the slippery tracks. I told him to apply his brakes but it didn't work and... that's it."

"Woah, he crashed right on his left tank..." Rocky pointed out as he turned towards where Thomas was. "But luckily it's something that can be fixed easily."

"I hope so, I don't want Thomas to end up like Henry." Percy pointed out worryingly.

"What happened to him?" questioned Ashima, feeling genuinely curious.

"It's a long story...But don't worry, he's okay now." Edward smiled assuringly.

Firstly Rocky lifted the tree off the tracks and onto a platform to avoid that more accidents happen. Then he lifted the pipes and just afterwards that he lifted Thomas up.

Ashima watched as the blue tank engine was put on a platform. She then heard Rocky ask, "Hey, could you possibly take Thomas to the Steam Works?"

"I'd want to but I have to deliver these pipes to Wellsworth Sta-

"I'll take them." retorted Edward, cutting Ashima off. "I think you should go to at least make company to Thomas."

Ashima hesitated for a second, but soon she agreed by shaking her head. Once Thomas was safely wrapped onto the platform, she wheeshed some steam and took off. Little did she know that making him company would lead to something special.