A Date To Remember. #2

Helloo! Finally I'm here with the 2nd and last part of the story! Sorry for taking so long, school is being a pain in the ass for me. Heck I'm still going to do online tests this week which is going to fuck me up a lot! >:/ But well, this chapter will be more interesting than the previous one, now with Nia and Percy already having their long-awaited date. I hope you enjoy it!

Since Nia had set up the date, Percy hasn't stopped thinking about it. No matter how much they told Percy to focus on his work, there was always a space between his thoughts to remember Nia. Anxiety had washed over the boiler of the small green engine, but it was to be expected. After all, it was the first date he was going to have, and he wanted it to be perfect.

Now the long-awaited moment has come. It was exactly 5:45 p.m and Percy was puffing toward the junction near Henry's forest, the same place Nia had arranged for the date. Right after he finished his job, Percy had gone to the washdown to take a good shower so his green paintwork would be gleaming in the light rays of the setting sun.

Slightly cold water splashed on Percy's wheels as he passed over the small puddles in the middle of the tracks. It had drizzled less than an hour ago, but that didn't bother Percy. If you doubt it even after a heavy rain, Percy would go to have a date with Nia if necessary.

It didn't take long before the junction finally came into view. Percy went a little faster before applying his brakes and coming to a stop. He had arrived just at the moment he heard Nia's whistle nearby.

Breaking into a small smile, Nia applied her brakes and stopped beside her partner. "Hey, Percy. Arrived earlier, didn't ya?" she joked.

"Hehe, of course." chuckled Percy. "It would be rude of me to leave you on the tracks alone."

He looked over at his girlfriend and noticed that her lips were painted light pink, her cheeks were a slight shade of red and her lashes were slightly bigger.

"Are you... wearing makeup?" he asked.

Nia chuckled at Percy's surprised expression and smiled. "Yes, I am. I'd only take a bath but my driver gave me the idea to put makeup, for some reason."

"Well you look splendid." he smiled.

"Thanks, Percy. I say the same for you too." she smiled lovingly. "So... what are we going to do first?" she then asked.

"Well..." Percy thought. "How about we puff through the forest? We can talk in the meantime, then we'll do something fun to keep the date from getting too boring."