New Iron

5th story of this book! Now between James and Edward.
Thanks to TMNTlover863 for giving the suggestion! :)

I hope you enjoy!

It was the end of another day on the island of Sodor. The sun slowly made its way to the mountains as some engines returned to their sheds, while others still were finishing their jobs.

Edward giggled like a small child as James pushed him down Gordon's hill in high speed. Sir Topham Hatt had told them that they'd have a day off today, and so they enjoyed each second of it. Competing, dating, talking and flirting. Stuff that they loved doing when they were together.

And to end this wonderful day, they decided to push each other down Gordon's hill. Edward already pushed James, so it was now his turn to be pushed.

James applied his brakes and came to a stop a few seconds later, smiling as he heard Edward still chuckling from the exciting descent.

"That was really fun, James!" He said happily as he stopped laughing.

"I'm glad you enjoyed! I also loved spending all day with you. Much better than pulling worthless freight trains." stated James playfully as he rolled his eyes upward.

Edward laughed at James' words and then glanced up at the view in front of him, admiring how beautiful it looked. The sun's rays hit the dark green fields, and the sky was a mixture of orange and purple. Overall, a true masterpiece.

Then, something popped in his mind that made him smile. "James, before we can get back to the sheds, can I show you a very special place?"

James didn't think twice and already shook his head, smiling warmly. "I don't see any problem with that. After all, I'm not willing to go to the sheds so soon..."

"Great!" chuffed Edward happily as he uncoupled himself from James. "Wait a second, I'm just going to change tracks and I'll be right back!"

James watched his boyfriend puff away and then whistled at him, smiling as he heard Edward whistle back. He couldn't help but feel very curious. What did Edward have in mind?

He wheeshed some steam as he looked at the floor, smiling softly with every expectation that came to mind. He then heard puffing sounds nearby, and soon concluded that Edward had returned, as he saw him puffing beside him.

"Now, James..." He smirked. "I want you to close your eyes."

"Huh? Close my eyes? And how am I going to know where I'm puffing?" replied James, returning the smirk.

"Jamie..." Edward laughed. "It's serious. Close your eyes, please."

"If you say so..." James soon closed his eyes. "But if I derail, know that it will be your fault!" He joked.

"Hehe, funny." Edward rolled his eyes upward with a smile. "I'm going to guide you, and more, don't open your eyes until I tell you to. This place is a surprise."

James grinned as he wheeshed some steam anxiously, already feeling excited at the mention of surprise.

"Follow me." Edward wheeshed some steam and then started puffing, smiling as James followed him still remaining his eyes closed.

The place Edward wanted to take him to wasn't far from where they were. Only about 5-15 minutes. And that was a positive factor, since Edward knew very well that James didn't have the patience to keep his eyes closed for long.