A Good Break For A Confession

Suggested by TMNTlover863 💚💙

I hope y'all enjoy it! :)

It was the start of another day on the island of Sodor. All the engines of the Steam Team were in Tidmouth sheds, waiting for Sir Topham Hatt to arrive to give them their tasks. While he was absent, the engines talked about a variety of subjects; this included their past adventures. Right now, Edward was recalling the day when he saved James from a runaway.

"It was actually quite difficult to save him, as there was a big possibility of the rope to snap while we were in high speed. But thankfully, everything went alright at the end." finished Edward.

"I still admire the braveness you have, Ed." commented Emily. "I think no other engine would take that risk to save someone."

"PUH!" exclaimed Gordon irritably. "That was nothing! Every engine can do that, including me. I might as well save any of you. Hell, I could even save Henry if he gets in some kind of danger!"

James laughed as he finished listening to the blue engine's statement. "Gordon. Every dawn, Henry runs the greatest danger of pulling the Flying Kipper. If he derails and suffers a serious accident, you won't be there to help him, as you would be asleep!"

"B-But I can sense when something is wrong!" retaliated Gordon.

"You say that, but you can't sense when you're gonna get stuck on your own hill." James smirked.

"Oh you little—

"Guys, let's save this conversation for later. Sir Topham Hatt has arrived." said Edward sternly as he watched the blue car being parked near the sheds.

Sir Topham Hatt got out of his car and walked towards the engines, accompanied by his crew. "Good morning, engines!" he said happily, soon receiving a "good morning, sir". "As you know, no major events have been scheduled for today, so the only thing you have to do is do your usual tasks. Okay?"

All the engines whistled in response. And one by one, they went out to do what Sir Topham Hatt had said. And right now, only Henry, Gordon and James were the ones left in the sheds.

Henry was about to go to the turntable, but soon he stopped when he heard Sir Topham Hatt shout his name.

"Henry, don't you go now! I wanted to tell you something, same goes to Gordon."

Henry slightly shook his head and slowly backed up to the 3rd shed. He and Gordon looked at each other before Sir Topham Hatt started speaking.

"Well, I had noticed that of all the engines of the Steam Team, you were the ones that performed the best. You two have been working hard and put lots of priority to the jobs, rather than leaving them for something unimportant, which leaved me impressed and very proud. And, as a form of reward and gratefulness, I reached an agreement that today, you two will have a well-deserved day off."

Henry and Gordon's mouths hung open in disbelief. A day off? Just the two of them? That was way better than the usual praising they received. "Thank you so much, sir!" They said warmly.

James groaned slightly in jealously before making a question to the controller. "Sir, if they are going to have a day off, who is going to do their job?"

Sir Topham Hatt chuckled a bit and looked up at the red engine. "That was a good question, James. But I already sorted it out. Just yesterday I talked to my crew about it, and we decided that Murdoch will do Henry's work, while Rebecca will do Gordon's."