Chapter 8

Chapter 8
The next Monday morning was the usual. Christina's ankle felt better, but Adam insisted on picking her up with the car that he borrowed from his parents and together they drove to school. During the car ride they sang songs together to make the morning less exhausting. And not gonna lie they sounded great together.

When they arrived at school Adam got out of the car and opened the door for Christina. 'What a gentleman' she complimented him.

'For you always' Adam said with a wink. This simple thing did a lot for Christina. She didn't show Adam how much effect it had on her, but on the inside she was screaming. Together they made their way into the school and went to their lockers to pick up some books.

The first class had started and everyone had a hard time to keep their eyes open. The teacher was in the middle of his explanation when the principal mr. Banks came into the classroom with a boy followed behind him. 'Hello class, this is Matt and he is new to our school. I ask all of you to be nice and give him a warm welcome'. Everyone that was still awake nodded and with that he left the classroom.

'Matt why don't you sit next to Christina I see that seat is empty' the teacher said. The new boy nodded and made his way to his seat. When the new boy reached Christina's table and sat next to her, she stuck her hand out with a smile. 'Hi, my name is Christina'. The new boy shooked her hand and said 'Hey I'm Matt'. After their little exchange they both turned their attention to the teacher. She didn't know why, but she had a feeling that she would like Matt very much. After a while Matt whispered how she can still stay awake and Christina chukled.

'This is one of the few times that my eyes are still open during this class and I actually very proud of myself' she joked. At that Matt smiled, he likes Christina and wanted to get to know her better. 'Hey I was wondering if you could show me around later'.

'Of course, I'll meet you up in the cafeteria during our first break'. Not long after that the class was finally over and most students were woken up by their classmates that were still awake. ' I'll see you later' Matt said and left the classroom. Christina then stood up and was ready to go until she saw that Adam was still asleep. She lightly shook him, but he still wouldn't wake up. She then pushed him so hard that he fell from his chair and that for sure woke him up. It wasn't her intention to make him fall, but is was hilarious and she was laughing so hard that tears were coming from her eyes. Adam on the other had was confused so Christina helped him. 'Come on we have to go before mr. Geller make us clean up his fossils again'. And together they hurried to their next class.

It was finally their first break. Adam went outside to look for his friends and found them sitting at a table. He made his way to them and sat down next to Blake. Adam looked around the table and saw everybody except for Christina. That confused him because as far he knew she was still at school. What if she felt sick and home? Someone would've told him that right?

'Has anyone seen christina?' Adam asked the others. Britney explained to him that she was showing the school with the new guy. 'I think I'm missing something, which new guy?' Adam asked still confused.

'The new guy Matt that mr. Banks brought during first class' Gwen answered. That was when Adam realized he was asleep during that time and missed the new guy. Adam felt different when he thought about the new guy and Christina. He didn't realized that he was clenching his fist so hard until Blake snapped his fingers in front of him. 'Well it looks like someone is a little bit jealous'. Blake couldn't help to tease Adam and the others were chuckling and tried to hold their laughter. Adam didn't want to respond and ignored his friend. 'Am I jealous?' He asked himself.

School was finally over and Adam was leaning against the car while waiting for Christina. After their first class he hadn't seen her for the rest of the day. Adam looked at the door and at that moment he saw her coming out of the school but when he shifted his eyes to the right, he saw a guy that he hadn't seen before. 'That must be the new guy Matt' he thought. They were coming his way and Adam didn't like what he saw. That Matt guy was making his Christina laughing and that made Adam angry. 'Yup I'm definitely jealous and when was she his Christina' he thought to himself.

Christina and Matt were now saying their goodbye and went their own way. Christina was now running to Adam. Quickly he put a smile on his face to hide his jealousy. She can't know about this until he thought it through. 'Are you ready to go home?' Christina asked. Adam nodded and opened the door for her. Together they made their way home.

After dropping Christina home, Adam went to his room and lay on his bed. He thought about the Christina situation and how it all happened. They were always close, but lately it was different. They shared some intimate moments that were also Christina's first. Christina is also his best friend but is he really having feelings for his best friend? Not only is she beautiful, she is also kind, smart and funny. Christina is basically the whole package.

After hours of thinking, Adam was totally lost but one thing he was sure of. He was screwed!