Chapter 5

Chapter 5
When Christina woke up she was alone in her bed. She looked around, but he was not in her room. Then she checked if he was in the bathroom, but still no Adam. He probably went home in the morning. She can understand why he would leave because if it was herself she would also leave to avoid the awkwardness. Christina started to brush her teeth and wash her face.

When she was done she went downstairs for breakfast. Before she walked into the kitchen she heard two voices. One voice belonged to her mothers and the other one was definitely Adam. They were talking about what they had done yesterday and Adam explained why he stayed the night and of course leaving the part with Adams excitement out of the conversation. "Well who else was going to protect me from the invisible man that I didn't even know existed until yesterday" Christina said walking into the kitchen. Adam was putting Bread into the toaster and her mother was scrambling the eggs when they looked up to meet Christina. "Good morning dear" her mother said when Christina greeted her with a kiss on the cheek and sat at the table. "Goodmorning Christina but where is my reward for keeping you safe?" Adam asked.

" A handjob" she thought to herself and she began to blush. "Your reward is that you are still alive and you are lucky that I didn't decide to kill you while you were asleep for letting me watch that movie" she said instead.

Adam was walking to Christina with a mug in his hands and asked if she wanted coffee or juice. Christina wanted juice and Adam poured the juice in the mug and gave it to her. "Thank you Adam" she said when she accepted the mug. Christina then watched Adam sat in front of her with his coffee.

Christina and Adam were eating breakfast with Christina's mother Shelly. During breakfast Adam and Christina were the ones that occupied most of the conversations. Shelly would sometimes ask or give a comment, but she also just enjoyed listening to them talking. She is grateful that her daughter has a friend like Adam especially that he is a boy. She didn't want her daughter to think that all men are like her father and that there are also good men in the world. There weren't many men in Shelly's and Christina's life, but the few they know of are special and Adam was definitely one of them.

Christina and Adam were in a discussion of who of their friends would get married first when Shelly interrupted them. "Christina I have to work today and I probably would come home late. I'm sorry sweetheart" she said to her daughter feeling guilty that she has to be alone again. She didn't want to leave Christina, but as a single mother it's not easy to pay everything alone.

" it's okay mom I understand don't worry" Christina said simply. She knows that her mother works hard to keep a roof over their heads, but sometimes a girl needs her parents to be with her. Unfortunately, Christina only had one parent and it would be selfish of her to ask her mother to stay.

Adam saw the guilt in shelly's eyes and when he looked at Christina it wasn't much better. He knew that Christina tried to show that it didn't bother her, but there was sadness in her voice. Christina then got quiet and kept her head down so that nobody could read her face.

"I could stay with you if you want" Adam offered. After hearing that Shelly mouthed a thank you and he gave her a nod. "Oh no it's okay Adam you don't have to do that. You can go home your mother is probably wondering when you will come home" Christina said.

" it's okay I will just call her later and explain. She will understand" Adam said to convince her. After some thinking Christina finally gave up and agreed.

Christina and Adam doing the dishes so that Christina's mother could gets some rest before she went to work. While Christina washed the dishes and Adam was drying them they discussed what they would do later and what to have for dinner. When one of them came up with an idea the other one was not very excited about it.

"What about the beach?" Adam tried. " it's a beautiful day and I get to see you in a bikini".
It was a long time ago the last time Christina went to the beach and it was indeed a perfect day for the beach. "Okay but no starring for you mister"

"Now we also have to decide what's for dinner" Christina said. "We can also go to dinner at one of the restaurant at the boulevard if you like that" Adam suggested.

"Okay then let's get ready and pack some stuff" she said while running to her room.  "She is sometimes to adorable" he thought while making his way to her room.

Before they were going to the beach they made a stop at Adams house to pick some stuff for their day at the beach. And just in case he will spend the night at Christina again Adam packed extra clothes and his toothbrush. After he was done, adam and Christina made their way to the beach.