CHAPTER EIGHT

- CHAPTER EIGHT -
"I LOVED YOU ONCE, BUT TWICE IS A LOT TO ASK FOR."

Finn was the first to notice a frustrated Beth outside of the arena after the show

Finn was the first to notice a frustrated Beth outside of the arena after the show. She seemed flustered as her pale hands ran through her hair and her phone had ended a call she had just made.

The Irishman rolled his eyes, not because he was annoyed with the presence of Beth like he imagined he would be, but because he wanted to help her. And, of course, he was the first one to spot her out of the group of him, AJ, Luke, and Karl.

Reliving the memories of Beth and him from their youth made Finn remember how awful he had been to her. How he had lied to Mary. He knew that pushing her away was the wrong thing to do, but he wasn't the only one with sins to live with. Beth had the attitude of an angel but could have the devil within her.

However, no one deserves the treatment Beth received from her older sister. Finn knew that much. But her continued devotion to her sister was something that Finn could no longer tolerate. He could not be there for Beth the way he wanted if Becky was still her number one priority like she was ten years ago.

AJ's blue eyes noticed the distressed girl next after sensing Finn's stature change. The Irishman had been in a sour mood all evening, and it didn't take the Southern boy long to conclude that it had been because of Beth Lynch. Feeling his body stiffen next to him made AJ realize that Beth was making Finn feel uneasy.

There was a number of emotions Finn seemed to experience when Beth was around, but AJ had not yet noticed the uneasiness Finn was projecting. What had happened in the time they had been away to affect them so much? AJ only wondered, never assumed.

All AJ needed to do was shoot a look towards his Irish friend for Finn to sigh. "Fuck," he cursed, wincing before he walked towards Beth himself. He knew if he wouldn't, AJ would.

Beth hadn't noticed the presence of some of the former Bullet Club members as she was too involved with Seth whom had held her rental keys for her and forgot to return them before leaving the arena. Her sister's boyfriend was currently too busy to answer her call.

Finn's new presence was shocking for the younger Lynch to say the least, especially after seeing him walk away earlier. Beth knew that her undying love for her sister upset Finn. There were good reasons for that.

"Becky not letting you drive?" Finn jabbed at Beth, knowing it would upset her but not being the caring guy at the moment.

Beth sighed. "Funny," she responded. "Actually, Seth has my keys and already left the arena."

"I can't say I'm surprised," Finn's hands found his pockets, an arrogance evident in his voice. "Becky's probably keeping him busy in a gas station bathroom."

"What happened to you and Becky being friends again? You guys seemed close the day I debuted," Beth changed the subject slightly, remembering how tolerant Finn had been of her sister even though he despised their past.